Archived Sick time and write up problems??

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the write up or CCA policy? How do you get on a final? And when can I use my sick time?
I was told that it was 2 coachings, then a write up, 2 more coachings, then a final, and 2 final coachings before termination. I was recently put on a “CCA” and I called out because I couldn’t make it to work, and all of a sudden I’m being put on a final.
I had to call out once again because my 4 year old had been sick all night , and that is being added to my final.
So I’m wondering if I am allowed to use my sick time for my kid who depends on me since he can’t care for himself.
Let me know , thanks!

Sick time is used when you are scheduled for a shift and then you call out.
Once you are on a CA and don’t improve you are issued a second CA, you F up again ,and thats a Final.

I have called out , and tried using my sick time for 4 year old , they claim I cannot do this because it’s not me, but there are laws stating I’m allowed to use it in my state for my kids, does target not follow these laws? Or am I getting false info from my lead ? I got one CA then a final?

I have called out , and tried using my sick time for 4 year old , they claim I cannot do this because it’s not me, but there are laws stating I’m allowed to use it in my state for my kids, does target not follow these laws? Or am I getting false info from my lead ? I got one CA then a final?
What?
When you callout ,you just say I was feeling sick, why did you mention your 4 year old? I don’t know how to help you. Talk to your HR pls.

Varies state by state. If yours allows sick time to take care of family, then mention it to HR, and ask them to rescind the CA.

See if your compliance board (the one with boring information like where the asbestos is kept and minimum wages) specifically mentions it, and if so drag HR out to it and discuss it. In my state sick pay is a new thing so it’s very much in detail on the board. Plus in my experience saying Compliance loud enough in front of HR usually gets their attention.

I have looked at the laws by state and it talks about sick leave not sick time, it states I am allowed to use sick leave to care for children, so I will be bringing that up to them, I was told by my lead I’m not allowed to put in sick time when I’ve been written up, is this true ?

I believe that to be untrue. It sounds like you are able to use sick time for your children. ( in my state you can use for sick kid spouse, doctor's appointment etc) whether you're on a CCA or not you should be able to be compensated. Talk to HR. If you don't have a horrible attendance record Target could be facing a wrongful termination......

State law superceded Target law. For example in my state you are compensated for jury duty regardless of status. Full time part time seasonal TM vs TL makes no difference. I had to fight for one of my TM to get paid. (work as HR for a bit so I knew then law regarding JD)

In my state, you can’t be coached or put on any corrective action for calling out if you use your sick time.

It’s protection from the state. Target can’t trump that.

And you very well can use sick time if you are on a corrective. If they are telling you no, then that’s retaliation.

I’d have a heart to heart with your ETL-HR about all of this.

In my state, you can’t be coached or put on any corrective action for calling out if you use your sick time.

It’s protection from the state. Target can’t trump that.

And you very well can use sick time if you are on a corrective. If they are telling you no, then that’s retaliation.

I’d have a heart to heart with your ETL-HR about all of this.
It’s target policy too— can’t face any disciplinary action for any absences where sick time was used, because by using sick time you’re bound by law to use it for certain reasons (sick, family sick in some states, etc)

So I’m wondering if I am allowed to use my sick time for my kid who depends on me since he can’t care for himself.
Yes you are . How did you end up on a cca? Because if you called out and used your sick hours it shouldn’t have gone against your attendance . I took an immediate loa because my mom was sick and I was able to use all my sick hours because of immediate family.

I have looked at the laws by state and it talks about sick leave not sick time, it states I am allowed to use sick leave to care for children, so I will be bringing that up to them, I was told by my lead I’m not allowed to put in sick time when I’ve been written up, is this true ?
Your tl is a fucking liar . That’s how she/he was able to write you up until a final by telling you couldn’t use it , when in fact you could and should have used any sick hours you had and then they couldn’t do squat. You can use your sick hours for immediate family .

I raised 2 children from infancy to adulthood while working for Target and no one can tell you you must leave a sick child alone(they cant go to daycare) and even if they could, they need their parent when they are sick.
If you have sick pay available, you can use it for dependent care.

On another note, In my younger, poorer days, I have taken buses, walked or rode a bike when my car broke down to get to work on time.. Might have been why they never had a problem when I had to call off due to my babies being sick....

On another note, In my younger, poorer days, I have taken buses, walked or rode a bike when my car broke down to get to work on time.. Might have been why they never had a problem when I had to call off due to my babies being sick....
The route may not be safe to walk. The time of day when leaving may not be safe to walk. The distance may be far enough that by the time you arrive on foot it's a NCNS anyway. Bike is great if you already own one AND the route is legal (example, my state doesn't allow bikes on roads above a certain speed), but if you don't own one or if a single road between your house and Target is not legal for bike travel then that's not an option. Not every city has a bus system, even a few of the large cities don't have a public transit program.

When your car breaks down and you have to be at work in 15 minutes, your options are very limited.

Did you just ask someone, or did you log in to ehr and cash out the 4 hours of sick leave? Stop asking and just do it. It won’t get denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back