Archived So, the new electronics layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they're called "Electronics Experience" stores, or whatever. It looks cool and all, but I keep hearing that Target Mobile pretty much takes over the department at that point. Anyone have any insight?

That's prob not true... Target mobile works for Market Source and cannot do a lot of things that team members can. In my store TM is not allowed to sell anything that is not a phone.

That's prob not true... Target mobile works for Market Source and cannot do a lot of things that team members can. In my store TM is not allowed to sell anything that is not a phone.

Unless Target is doing what Wal-Mart did and took over the business and trained their own people to sell phones.

There's a time lapse video on YouTube detailing the new layout. I can't link it right now, I'm on my phone. But in the video, the team members assisting guests are wearing black shirts and the Target Mobile name badges.

One of these stores is testing in my area and our Mobile TM heard it from their mobile TM. There's something involving a team member change in that transition - it's even referenced on Sharepoint. Maybe I'll try poking around Workbench tomorrow.

Teefurycom_Shiny.jpg

I like the new style. I guess electronics TMs will be wearing black now.

So, basically it's like a whack ass version of Best Buy?

I swear they're trying to be too many stores at once.

The health reset last year where they got all the blue signs above the shelves reminds me of CVS.

This definitely looks like Best Buy. TBH, I love it.

My store will be one of them. Losing some cameras to make way for tablets on the boat, and shifting some stuff around. Supposed to have more visual and interactive displays. From what my TL briefed me on, it sounds promising.

From what I've heard, my store is getting some sort of electronics reset.

All stores will be resetting electronics next week. Most stores will be getting a new target mobile setup including new display shelving (similar to the Brightspot endcap) and working phone displays, stores that still have the boat will combine tablets and cameras, and a lot of adjacency changes within the department. The EE stores will get a whole new retrofit including new carpeting, a Apple and mobile phone station, and new lockups. Only a few stores will be getting the EE set. My store is not one of them.

All stores will be resetting electronics next week. Most stores will be getting a new target mobile setup including new display shelving (similar to the Brightspot endcap) and working phone displays, stores that still have the boat will combine tablets and cameras, and a lot of adjacency changes within the department. The EE stores will get a whole new retrofit including new carpeting, a Apple and mobile phone station, and new lockups. Only a few stores will be getting the EE set. My store is not one of them.

UGH. I asked the electronics TL at my store if we're getting it. We're not EE, sadly. I'd love the carpet though.

I can't wait for my store to get a new boat. Ours is falling apart.

The company set date for electronics is next week and has some pretty big changes. The electronics experience (I guess "reinvention" is so five minutes ago lol) looks pretty sharp. I wouldn't be surprised if spot tests it for a few years and then rolls it out company wide starting with the top districts, if it proves to be more profitable.

Here's a link to the article from Spot about the redesign.

http://www.abullseyeview.com/2014/0...cs-entertainment-department-in-select-stores/

Not quite sold on the "better training" and "more staffing" parts of the story. I'd have to see it to believe it. But it looks like what I'd expect from an electronics store (Apple. Best Buy). The TVs replacing CSE in entertainment seems very natural and way better than the TVs over endcaps.

I see there are still two registers at the boat. If Target would roll out some sort of mobile payment system (iPods or something akin to them) and use the registers solely for cash transactions (and maybe REDcard apps), then that would be great.

Last edited:
My store is getting changed, but not sure if it's the whole deal. I know cameras are moving (ours aren't in the boat), we are getting phone displays, and apple is moving & getting working displays.

Yep it looks great. I'm sure it's supposed to increase sales. When are they going to staff electronics with enough trained TMs to stop guests from leaving because they get tired of waiting for help? We usually have one person back there and they often have a guest on the phone, one call on hold, one or two at the boat and one waiting to get a game unlocked. Yes, I'm exaggerating. I've seen it get that bad plenty of times. So, I hope the new set up will have the staff to make it successful. I really really do.

i'd love the camera-coverage opportunities that would come with having less of the full-height aisles.

And Looks to be more stuff in cases! Seriously how many Jambox's have to get jacked before they put a case in.
I went to T-0001/T-2101 (whatever naming convention is right) recently and they have their high dollar jambox sort of things spiderwrapped and then a wire (SAP item unknown) which threads through the spiderwraps and then ties around the gondola fixture itself. It looked like they sell directly out of the glass cases but still have the product (beats endcap included) available for 'showing'

i'd love the camera-coverage opportunities that would come with having less of the full-height aisles.

And Looks to be more stuff in cases! Seriously how many Jambox's have to get jacked before they put a case in.
I went to T-0001/T-2101 (whatever naming convention is right) recently and they have their high dollar jambox sort of things spiderwrapped and then a wire (SAP item unknown) which threads through the spiderwraps and then ties around the gondola fixture itself. It looked like they sell directly out of the glass cases but still have the product (beats endcap included) available for 'showing'

Our store has that wire also. I saw it for the first time a few weeks ago.

I thought it was weird I had an Electronics shift scheduled next week, even though I'm not trained for register. Looking at the hours (start 6am) I'm working on the reset, which is kind of awesome, and definitely not in a freezer. I think resetting an aisle is possibly the best Target feeling ever. Kinda can't wait... we needed a reorganization. We're definitely not getting that setup from the video, though.

Also: Why don't we do a second location for lice shampoo, on the shelf just beneath those shared headphones?

I did a vendor install job for GoPro at Walmart a few months ago and part of their fixture included some sort of locking device that left the ability to use spiderwraps.

Pretty sure my electronics is going to look nothing like the one in the video. From what I've heard from my presentation team, our target mobile section, which currently takes up half a gondola, will take that whole aisle and have live displays. Supposedly, we're getting new registers as well, but our boat looks like crap from the outside and the inside is falling apart. I'd love to see that torn out and replaced with the one from the video. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back