Archived Softlines Backroom Profiling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my ETL just called asking if I can come in to Backroom profile the rest of this week and I’m wondering what to expect?

Softlines locations in my store are now this:
1 aisle for Womens. Each section divided by area (intimates, R2W, C9, etc.), R2W divided by brand. Half the aisle for folded with wacos. Half will be dedicated to hanging. But you will not receive the poles for hanging for another few weeks so hanging BS will sit on stacks outside the aisle taking up space for a long time.
1 aisle for mens. Same deal as women's. Also forgot to mention bottoms and tops are divided too. Also of you domt already they now require you BS all sizes of the same product into the same Waco (some stores separated sizes, ASANTS). Girls/boys/and NIT (newborn, infant, toddler) all get one aisle, one third for each. That one is a complete fucking mess and will get filled up like crazy. Again separated into sections so you will have the whole of H dedicated for Basics and it will be empty while Girls folded bottoms is stuffed to shit. Hopefully you can convince your BR TL to scrap the hanging in this aisle like I did since there is never going to be hanging BS for infants anyway.
Shoes gets it's own aisle. My store has it in two half aisles the way our BR is setup but sectioned off by womens, mens, boy, girl, NIT, and then brand like clothes are. And one section at the end for shoe accessories.
It's really not terrible. It's designed to make visual merchandising easier for SL TM. But currently the hanging racking seems like a real waste of space to me. So little of it ever comes back. And I shudder to think how much more they would need to send us to make it worth taking up the equivalent of 1.5 aisles.

I spent 9 hours today profiling the RTW backroom with my TL (who left after the first half because they had opened). We still have two full carts of A New Day to finish. It looks nice, but the Wacos are already stuffed and only some TMs care enough! However, we just got a new ETL-Log who I like so far, and our STL is really cracking on BRLA, accountability in the BR, and more, so maybe this won’t be so bad after all.

Wish we had the space that you have, Luck. We have a teeny tiny backroom. Currently we have one aisle for shared folded backstock where the shelves aren't even the normal depth. They're like 12 inches deep? Then we have half an aisle for women's hanging and half another aisle for men's and kids that is shared. We are being told that it has to be done "EXACTLY" a certain way meaning that you have to have space for areas to hang backstock even if they NEVER get backstock. That means we can't talk our BRTL into scrapping anything just because it'll stand empty. On top of that we're apparently not supposed to put stuff in the wasted empty shelf above the ladder. If I had a GIANT backroom or even one as big as some of you do, we'd be fine. This strict government of space that doesn't exist is stupid. I'd like to string up the idiot running this show. Only good thing is that they let us keep our outer hanging racks for overstock hanging which is currently being used for the tons of Christmas themed everything that they're sending.

Apparently it all has to be done by the end of the month so the corporate big wigs can come tell us how wrong it is.... I'm betting we'll get it to the standard they want and then they'll go away and forget about it and THEN we'll rearrange some of it to actually fit better. :p

WE have one side for intimates the other side is accesories, one valley for boys one side is folded the other is two sections accesories and the rest for hanging, same for girls, one valley for women shoes, one valley for NIT set up the same as boys and girls, 2 valleys for mens one side is mens basics and hanging/accessories, the other is for men's folded and men's hanging, then we have 3 valleys for women one valley is just hanging shared with denizen folded, the other is one side for a new day folded and hanging on the other, same thing for universal thread.

WE have one side for intimates the other side is accesories, one valley for boys one side is folded the other is two sections accesories and the rest for hanging, same for girls, one valley for women shoes, one valley for NIT set up the same as boys and girls, 2 valleys for mens one side is mens basics and hanging/accessories, the other is for men's folded and men's hanging, then we have 3 valleys for women one valley is just hanging shared with denizen folded, the other is one side for a new day folded and hanging on the other, same thing for universal thread.

You must be in a Super Target or a Great Land. Wish we had that much backroom space. :)

Super fun but definitely some hard work. We did a whole backroom reorganization during this process including a ton of steel moves so we did a week of overnights. Lots of locuing and relocating items. We have 7 softlines ailes now from our original 4. Make sure you have a flathead screw driver and a mallet. Also someone who is proficient in backroom location management.

Our PMT put our shelves in where they go. It would have been nice if they had done a week of overnights and finished the whole thing at once but we weren't given the green light to do them for whatever reason. Still trying to get it all together. Just got our last full aisle two days ago. We only have 2 and one half aisles for softlines now. It's better than it was but still not sure it's going to be enough. There's not a lot of space to go around when it comes to our backroom.

Our PMT put our shelves in where they go. It would have been nice if they had done a week of overnights and finished the whole thing at once but we weren't given the green light to do them for whatever reason. Still trying to get it all together. Just got our last full aisle two days ago. We only have 2 and one half aisles for softlines now. It's better than it was but still not sure it's going to be enough. There's not a lot of space to go around when it comes to our backroom.
We reprofield softlines too. We have about 5 aisles now.

You must be in a Super Target or a Great Land. Wish we had that much backroom space. :)
We have one full valley plus a full side and a half side. Not quite two valleys. They wanted like four. Lol. Squashed down everything else to move food so softlines could go there.... not enough shelves. We'r might finish by next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back