Archived Something I've noticed

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we all know hours are non existent right now my store is to the point of not scheduling cashiers and having salesfloor be cashiers (note to spot. It doesn't work). Well the other day I was closing pfresh and with the help of the only team member in hardlines we covered electronics. Between the two of us we managed to zone A-G and complete the reshop. So yesterday that ETL SF and Hardlines tl pull me into the office and want me to move to electronics they are still offering the same pay that I'm making as a PA and they want me to take a leadership role back there and help drive results (Target speak for will you be our under paid electronics tl). Apparently my coworker from the other night was offered the same deal except for she'd get A&B and I'd get E&F talking with the team lead he said it's because we both have demonstrated leadership abilities and would make great assistants for him. So this leads me here one to ask if anyone has advice in how to best run with this opportunity and two if anyone has heard of a team lead assistant position?

Yea I know that bench required interviews with etls so I figure it's a Captainship. But if all goes well it would work well in interview for a leadership position

Maybe I'm naive, but for once this doesn't sound like a carrot-dangling story. It sounds like they were stunned and wanted to take advantage of that momentum ASAP and start working towards building you up for leadership.

I agree that it sounds like an unofficial "captainship"...I don't think it sounds like you're on the verge of being on the bench, but I would imagine that's highly likely in the next few weeks/months if you succeed w/ your new tasks.

Congrats, and best of luck as you move forward!!

Every store has the authority to promote any TM to a brand TM. There is also no limit on how many brand TMs a store can have, although I doubt no STL would go crazy with this. It's only .25 more, but it's more nevertheless. I don't know if it works for someone already coded as a PA, but it can't hurt to find out. Maybe someone here knows.

Every store has the authority to promote any TM to a brand TM. There is also no limit on how many brand TMs a store can have, although I doubt no STL would go crazy with this. It's only .25 more, but it's more nevertheless. I don't know if it works for someone already coded as a PA, but it can't hurt to find out. Maybe someone here knows.

I *think* I got a raise when I went from brand to PA

My only reservation is the way you talk about leadership at your store. I would hate for them to give you more responsibility without even thinking about it in terms of development but rather simply getting things off of their own plate.

I would make sure a conversation happens where they formally give you a bench interview.

I love Target at the end of the day but everyone on this site knows darn well they take advantage of the hard working.

"Assistant Team Leader" and "Captain" are made-up titles that just mean more responsibility for the same pay. That's not to say they are carrot dangling, but if you do want to become a TL, you'll need to make it known that you want more.

"Assistant Team Leader" and "Captain" are made-up titles that just mean more responsibility for the same pay. That's not to say they are carrot dangling, but if you do want to become a TL, you'll need to make it known that you want more.
As I tell everyone and as others have shared on this thread as well, make sure your interests and intentions are known and well aware by leadership. Carrot dangling happens A Lot in this company and I've seen WAY too many people get JADED. Good luck!!;)

Thanks for all the replies of encouragement. Talking to my TL he flat out told me that it is a test to see how I get things done and to develop. I know it's not a sure thing but I trust him not to be full of shit. Tbh if it wasn't for this site I wouldn't know have of what I know already. The members of this site taught me how to work the PDA, pull from the br, backstock, how to research, basics of instocks and how to be a decent GSA. So I thank all of you and no matter the outcome of this I'm thankful that I got this far

I would be careful...our pre-AE talks have incised asking every tl to "own" a specific section. Ie, pull, backstock, flex, zone, etc. Every week. If this is a company wide idea they could be setting you guys up to just do the job for them...

They wanna pursue you for leadership. Always make sure your electronics zone is good/locations tied and accurate. That includes correcting mistakes made by flow team. Make sure to always be on top of getting your pulls from the backroom (they wont hollar when youve got one) be ready to help out setting E block end caps and working reshop in a flash so you arent steered away from the boat too often. Be pleasant to guests by making them feel youre there to help if they have a question. If you want to be a leader, its going to take a lot of work doing things you dont think are in your payscale.

Good luck

Basically a GSA?

Basically a GSA?
No, because GSA is an actual position that comes with an actual raise (usually). And in my store at least, it is used as a legitimate way to develop TMs into TLs.

No, because GSA is an actual position that comes with an actual raise (usually). And in my store at least, it is used as a legitimate way to develop TMs into TLs.
My GSAs at my store should still make more.

My GSAs at my store should still make more.

Agreed sfsuns point was a position change from sales floor or cashier to GSA is a raise.

A "promotion" to captain means nothing. Doesn't even go on your record.

At my store if we had someone work as hard as cart king they would be a brand Tm which is a 25 cent raise and it looks good within the company.

One of our brand tms and 2 others tried to transfer to the same store for college. Guess who got accepted and who got turned down

I honestly don't work that hard I just strive to out perform myself the day before. I will say the one thing that gets under my skin is when I'm the only person in hardlines also cover pfresh because they called out and covering electronics because our softlines ladies know absolutely nothing about electronics nor will they help clear call buttons. In good news I've lost 5lbs in the past month

I feel like an idiot but....

what is a "brand TM?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back