Archived Speculation: Something's changing at the Service Desk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh weird but I like it...... It definitely gets rid of chatty cathys and texting toms. I wish they would get this at my store!

I'm merging this with the other thread

I don't understand why they would do that. How are you going to have time to sort reshop, do bathroom checkups, take phone calls, bag special handling, qmos food, box up CRC's and salvage, and check out guests all at the same time? Corporate brilliance right there.

I don't understand why they would do that. How are you going to have time to sort reshop, do bathroom checkups, take phone calls, bag special handling, qmos food, box up CRC's and salvage, and check out guests all at the same time? Corporate brilliance right there.

I personally think it's silly, but if they must do it, I guess that's how it should be done, on the express lanes. Still a little confused on where the reshop goes without it making the store look like an eye sore.

When I open an express lane, it's 1+4 at a minimum. If I open up express, it's usually only on the weekends and I have to open 2 in order to keep the lines down. There's no way I could use express lanes as GS in my store.

Because of the lack of cashiers (we're lucky if we have 3 at any one time) guest service rings people up all the time. And not just the ones with a few items. I've checked people out up there with huge cart-fulls and it's a pain in the royal one. Our registers are set up to do returns at the lanes, but any cashier who does that will get a talking to. We are NOT allowed to do returns at the front lanes. We are limited to the kind of fix it fast we can do, usually only a gift receipt or missed coupon and even then ONLY if we're not busy. Luckily we just trained in 3 new cashiers so hopefully it will relieve some of the back up at the front lanes.

Because of the lack of cashiers (we're lucky if we have 3 at any one time) guest service rings people up all the time. And not just the ones with a few items. I've checked people out up there with huge cart-fulls and it's a pain in the royal one. Our registers are set up to do returns at the lanes, but any cashier who does that will get a talking to. We are NOT allowed to do returns at the front lanes. We are limited to the kind of fix it fast we can do, usually only a gift receipt or missed coupon and even then ONLY if we're not busy. Luckily we just trained in 3 new cashiers so hopefully it will relieve some of the back up at the front lanes.

If cashiers did returns at the lanes, they would not be able to process defective items. I would imagine that's a good part of why it's not allowed.

If cashiers did returns at the lanes, they would not be able to process defective items. I would imagine that's a good part of why it's not allowed.

True this. Processing returns require link-ups with O'neill printers for salvage/defective. They'd also have to have the appropriate lic plates at the lanes & every cashier would have to be GS-trained.
An admirable goal but not terribly workable.

What about new stores currently being built? Will they even have a normal guest service?Hate top see this fail and new stores not having an actual guest service department

I think the IGS is just a pilot at the moment, which means new stores will all have guest service areas. Not until it's a complete rollout or rollout to select markets/stores, will new stores be build w/o actual guest service desks.

I didn't take this photo, but here it shows what it looks like from a new angle

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fourstarcashiernathan/7840099088/in/photostream

Looks like part of the one spot/cart well is removed to house the go back carts.

Looks like they are trying out different ways of using IGS. At my store, lanes 1, 2 and 3 are much more separated, and it definitely doesn't look as nice. Guests can see where our return carts are, as well it is set up where guests checking out from lane 1 get in the way of guests entering the store.

I just wonder for the new Targets or Pilot stores how smoothly Black Friday etc,etc will go with go backs and what not. It will be a madhouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back