Archived Spill the beans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 weeks??? We still have full blown pricing and presentation teams at my store with no sign of that going away :oops:

Officially, there's no sign of it ending at our store either. But our PPTL gave us all a heads up even though he wasn't supposed to. I assume the official word is coming soon. It's been 2 weeks since he told us, and every time a new schedule comes out I have a moment of dread as I turn the page to see whether I'll be scheduled as Presentation, Signing, or whatever workcenter I land in.

Weirdly our stl announced at huddle that all changes need to be implemented by August 1. He’s new so I don’t know if he likes to roll out early or wait til the last minute. But it sounds like last minute????

He didn’t mention the changes tho. Typical.

Weirdly our stl announced at huddle that all changes need to be implemented by August 1. He’s new so I don’t know if he likes to roll out early or wait til the last minute. But it sounds like last minute????

He didn’t mention the changes tho. Typical.

August????

Monday it starts for my store
Except the new op model is confidential until April 1

Edit: that doesn’t mean stores haven’t gradually been rolling out pilot versions of it or starting the general idea of it early. Wasn’t trying to sound like a jerk, sorry

Last edited:
Anyone hear much from the meetings about the the operation model for april? So far all I've heard is we will have 1:1 meetings april 1st talking about changes.I also heard that the majority of the the titles for TLs and ETLs will be changing. The only other tip I heard was front lanes not having dedi GSAs any longer. Anyone else out there hearing anything?

The meetings aren’t done yet. The leaks won’t really start until probably tomorrow. Normally talkative STLs are keeping things abnormally quiet even to their ETLs. April 1st is when things stop being so confidential. The cat will be out of the bag well before then, though. Just be patient

Each store will have their own modernization plan. Just wait for yours to be announced
I was under the impression that one of the main objectives of this op model was to eliminate ASANTS.

Not saying that’ll work, just saying what I’ve heard. From higher-than-store leadership.

I was under the impression that one of the main objectives of this op model was to eliminate ASANTS.

Not saying that’ll work, just saying what I’ve heard. From higher-than-store leadership.
No the org charts will be more geared towards store sales by department. You can have two store store both with 40M in sales and have different t amount of TLs in different departments

No the org charts will be more geared towards store sales by department. You can have two store store both with 40M in sales and have different t amount of TLs in different departments
This, yes. I meant from a process standpoint. Things will be done one way and one way only regardless of volume or other factors. More team leads with smaller teams. Since I’ve been running on the modernized process, I only have 8 TMs for my chunk of the sales floor. Compared to the 20+ that technically still report to me for the multiple departments I have. They either work in areas where logistics is transitioning into ‘general merchant sales floor’, or they’re my closers.

Leadership should have already at least devised an idea of how the sales floor will be split up. Hypothetical (lol) example; pharmacy/chemicals - 1 TL, domestics - 1 TL, pets/paper/plastics - 1 TL, toys/baby hardlines - 1 TL, seasonal/furniture/luggage - 1 TL, electronics/beauty - 1 TL, food - 1 TL, apparel - 1 or 2 TL, 2 GSTL, 1 cafe/sbux TL

Except the new op model is confidential until April 1

Edit: that doesn’t mean stores have gradually been rolling out pilot versions of it or starting the general idea of it early. Wasn’t trying to sound like a jerk, sorry
No worries . We got out communication from the stl and dtl and we agreed that it will be a bit rough start to teach people how inbound , and auto and backstock etc works . So this past week we’ve been adding and switching people on the line and stuff the team was thrown off but we just told them we are trying new things . Today I had a huddle with my inbound team because the complaints were there and they thought they gonna lose their job and I was giving permission to let them know what everyone will be doing . A lot of people in my store already got pulled in the office and they were given the opportunity to chose their own department.

No worries . We got out communication from the stl and dtl and we agreed that it will be a bit rough start to teach people how inbound , and auto and backstock etc works . So this past week we’ve been adding and switching people on the line and stuff the team was thrown off but we just told them we are trying new things . Today I had a huddle with my inbound team because the complaints were there and they thought they gonna lose their job and I was giving permission to let them know what everyone will be doing . A lot of people in my store already got pulled in the office and they were given the opportunity to chose their own department.
Definitely, to all the leaders out there, let your teams know they aren’t getting fired because of there being ‘no more presentation team’ or ‘no more backroom’ etc. The areas that aren’t on the ownership thing yet are having those talks at my store too, and I’m impressed by how much of the team is excited about it. Having the team’s buy-in is key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back