Archived Square Trade DPCI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the Square Trade plans have DPCIs? A guest wanted a plan with a TV, but it didn't prompt at the register. Called for an LOD... none of them knew what to do.

you should have a scan sheet at every register at the checklanes, and one back in electronics and at Guest Services
We didn't before, but we do now. Couldn't find it on workbench in the limited time I had to look. I'm not a TL so I don't got a lot of time on the computer. Had to ask the STL because no one else would do anything about it. Asked him then about 15min later he handed it to me and asked if I could make copies and put them at the lanes.

I was stuck in electronics last week for a few hours due to a call-out (I have only worked there to cover a break or two). It was fairly steady and I sold number items that I was able to attach a service plane to, but this week was talked to, as I did not make goal for this. The leader that spoke to me said the reports don't lie and if I wanted to continue to be scheduled there I would have to show some improvement. I tired to explain that the stupid LOD just put me there to cover a sick call and that I know what I sold and what sold service plans for (I guessing that it was 50/50, but most items did not prompt me, so I had to scan the little brochure). She did not even want to hear what I had to say. I wanted to ask her about accessories, as I know these count, as well, but just kept my mouth shut. She is the same leader that yelled at me when I first started, as I did not push the Red Card hard enough, although on several occasions guests asked to speak to the manager after she would not take no for an answer. I also noticed that her name was on this report and she sold only one item and sold no accessories or service plan with it. I was at 200% for accessories sold (best in the store) and 11% for service plans. Not sure what what good scores are, but I am just really upset at the way she treated me.

itsajob - only if you like being yelled at.

We didn't before, but we do now. Couldn't find it on workbench in the limited time I had to look. I'm not a TL so I don't got a lot of time on the computer. Had to ask the STL because no one else would do anything about it. Asked him then about 15min later he handed it to me and asked if I could make copies and put them at the lanes.

it is definitely on Workbench, we have ours printed and laminated at every checklane (not that I've *ever* seen a cashier try and sell one, though....)

it is definitely on Workbench, we have ours printed and laminated at every checklane (not that I've *ever* seen a cashier try and sell one, though....)
I offer it usually when POS prompts but I would never remember to offer it otherwise

Square trade plans coverage:
SquareTrade Protection Plans protect your product against mechanical and electrical breakdowns including those due to normal wear and tear. The plan also offers the following benefits:
  • Parts and labor coverage to repair or replace your item during the term of the plan.
  • Surge Protection: Covers your product from the date of purchase.
  • Accidental Damage from Handling: Coverage for headphones, cameras, video cameras, MP3 Players, eReaders, laptops, tablets and netbooks, and select portable electronics only. This coverage protects you from failures from spills, drops and cracked screens.
  • No Lemon Policy: If your covered product has two (2) service repairs completed for the same problem and a third (3rd) repair is needed for the same problem, within any twelve (12) month period, the covered product will be replaced with a comparable product or a cash settlement will be provided in the form of a Target GiftCard or check. The cost of the replacement will not exceed the product’s original purchase price less taxes paid.
The term of the SquareTrade Protection Plan begins on the date it is purchased and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. Except for enhanced coverage, all other coverage begins at the expiration of the manufacturer’s warranty. The term of the plan continues for the period of 2 or 3 years, depending on the plan you purchased as indicated on your receipt.

The reciept fades over time so I always recommend that they register right away because it asks for specific reciept info. Also they should be able to purchase the protection a few day after but the process is different it doesnt seem to link the reciept to the plan so can you explain how it works for them to purchase the plan afterwards.
That's a good idea, @MechanicWife.

From square trade website:
Registration (optional)
You don't need to register for your plan to be active or to file a claim.

Steps to Register:
1) Wait 3 days if you just bought your plan.*
2) Click here or go to squaretrade.com/register. We’ll start by finding your plan.
3) Have your receipt on hand in case you need to upload it.

*We need to wait up to 3 days for the retailer to provide necessary information to complete registration.

Learn About Your Coverage

What does my plan cover and when does my coverage start?
If the protected item is damaged and SquareTrade determines it can be repaired, 100% of the cost of parts and labor is covered. If your item can’t be repaired, SquareTrade will contact you to discuss replacement options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back