Archived starbucks dress code changing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started working at the target starbucks and I was wondering if the dress code is enforced by target or non licensed starbucks. Starbucks is changing their tattoo/piercing policy so I was wondering if target starbucks would follow suit?

I've heard that it is. Target is only enforcing starbucks rules and per the contract so if their rules change than ours will as well

Here's an article about the changes.
Interesting that they are going to be giving raises and food but allowing tattoos is what gets the coverage.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...toos-nose-studs-baristas-dress-code/17369455/

• Tattoos. Tattoos now will be allowed, except on the face or throat. Previously, no tattoos were permitted to be visible.

• Piercings. Employees will now be allowed to wear "small" nose studs — though the company was not specific on how small. But the number of piercings per ear is still limited to two. Also, ear gauging — larger piercings of the earlobe — will now be permitted.

• Pants. Starbucks workers will now be able to wear black, denim jeans. Previously, they could not wear any jeans. But blue jeans still will not be permitted. "The Starbucks uniform is black, green and white, and we're going to stay with that," says spokeswoman Laurel Harper.

• Shirts. Shirts now can be untucked — but only if the midsection doesn't show (even when employees bend or reach). Previously, all shirts had to be tucked-in.

• Accessories. Employees can now wear small scarves, neckties or bow ties in any color. They were previously not allowed.

• Badges. Name badges can now include small doodles and be personalized. Previously, they could only have a name.

• Jewelry. This is one case where the rules are getting tougher. Watches, wristbands and bracelets will no longer be permitted on employees "This is to bring us in line with food safety guidelines," says Harper.

Before my store's previous SBTL left he had tattoos all over his arms and I don't think it was ever an issue with the Starbucks DM.

Last edited:
Ya I always found that weird Starbucks you couldn't wear lip rings but as a cashier you could. I know a girl who did both.... She worked at starbucks and cashiered so when she worked at Starbucks no go...... Clock in as cashier lip ring in. So odd......I've seen some places actually put band-aids over the facial piercings which makes it even weirder...... I mean just let them wear it rather than have a band-aid I say lol

I was always told you had to have "conventional/natural" hair ccolors to work at starbucks. They just moved me and my purple hair over there. Maybe that's why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back