Starbucks Drive Up launch

So is

Can guest do DU FOR JUST A STARBUCKS ORDER?

What is the Starbucks isn't open?

I believe if we have to shut down DU because of weather we have to call corporate.

I assume you would have to do the same thing.
Guests can only add Starbucks to an existing DU order. They cannot solely get Starbucks.

Starbucks isn't allowed to close either, even if they do it at a lot of stores. Target gifted each store up to 300 hours to cross train 5 existing TMs as baristas so they can try to avoid shutting down and to help when they need backup, such as when there is a line at Starbucks and there are some DU orders.

You can cancel Starbucks items, so I imagine you'd have to do that all day if Starbucks is closed, unless they create a new feature where you can turn off Starbucks. I don't see that happening, though, even if there is a legit reason to close, such as an issue with the water.

Guests can only add Starbucks to an existing DU order. They cannot solely get Starbucks.

Starbucks isn't allowed to close either, even if they do it at a lot of stores. Target gifted each store up to 300 hours to cross train 5 existing TMs as baristas so they can try to avoid shutting down and to help when they need backup, such as when there is a line at Starbucks and there are some DU orders.

You can cancel Starbucks items, so I imagine you'd have to do that all day if Starbucks is closed, unless they create a new feature where you can turn off Starbucks. I don't see that happening, though, even if there is a legit reason to close, such as an issue with the water.
So I order this for $0.55 and add my Starbucks drink since I don't if there is a minimum order for DU.

What Stores are launching this in Dec? Our store still hasn't heard anything about it
Unless you don’t have an SD, or they weren’t paying attention on the conference call, or they just haven’t told you guys; your store heard about it.

If Karen knows she will want her coffee after dropping off the kids at school she can order the ramen the night before.
It's like when I had a two hour at Great Clips to get a haircut.

I just put my name down and showed up right before my scheduled appointment.

I'm guessing this is only launching in certain demographics or pilot stores on 12/5. Bc we still have no info on it

Gifted? Target could lose the Starbucks contract if it violates the agreement. I would think that not shutting down is part of that. This is not a gift. It's doing business.

Gifted? Target could lose the Starbucks contract if it violates the agreement. I would think that not shutting down is part of that. This is not a gift. It's doing business.
You're completely correct. I guess I just meant that they had never given out training hours like this before for Starbucks. They have always expected training hours to come out of the hours that are already given to the store, as opposed to getting hours added to the store for every person that you train. This is how it should be in the first place.

Will guests be able to tap “I’m on my way,” place a starbucks order, and then immediately hit “I’m here?” If so theyre getting decaf.

If you have Location Services on for your Mobile Device, you can't do a "no-warning" (we call 'em no warnings, not double taps) Starbucks order within a certain amount of distance from the store. If you have Location Services off though, you CAN do a no-warning Starbucks order, which sucks.

Personally, I'm in favor of not allowing people to use Drive Up at all unless they have Location Services on. For my store, which is a very UHV SuperTarget, the majority of our orders are Grocery orders, containing perishables and temperature safe items. When someone doesn't have Location Services on, we don't know their ETA, and when it has Cold items, we don't prep them. And when as I said, the vast majority of orders contain Cooler/Freezer items, we get really behind easily that way.

If you have Location Services on for your Mobile Device, you can't do a "no-warning" (we call 'em no warnings, not double taps) Starbucks order within a certain amount of distance from the store. If you have Location Services off though, you CAN do a no-warning Starbucks order, which sucks.

Personally, I'm in favor of not allowing people to use Drive Up at all unless they have Location Services on. For my store, which is a very UHV SuperTarget, the majority of our orders are Grocery orders, containing perishables and temperature safe items. When someone doesn't have Location Services on, we don't know their ETA, and when it has Cold items, we don't prep them. And when as I said, the vast majority of orders contain Cooler/Freezer items, we get really behind easily that way.

we are just regular high volume LOL, not ultra. We prep the ones with with cooler and freezer, with exception of the cooler and freezer stuff. We put a velcro label on the bin or cart they are prepped in, so we know it is all pulled and that we just need the cooler and freezer stuff.

we are just regular high volume LOL, not ultra. We prep the ones with with cooler and freezer, with exception of the cooler and freezer stuff. We put a velcro label on the bin or cart they are prepped in, so we know it is all pulled and that we just need the cooler and freezer stuff.

We also prep the non cold items first and label the three-tier saying it needs cooler/freezer items. But again, so much of our items are cold that it barely helps.

Where I’m at I can already see someone getting upset at a DU TM over their coffee not tasting the way they want leading to a physical fight. My concern over all the logistical nightmares I foresee is team member safety. Our guest are not like other companies. This can lead to some dicey situations.

as someone at a 2 story target with starbucks on one level and order pickup/ drive up on the other level on complete opposite ends of the store, this is my nightmare. i can’t even begin to imagine the problems this is going to cause for us. we can’t keep up with the workload on most days as is with the staff we have.

Had a drive up order that asked for an item we'd *specifically* listed as unavailable when we did our daily audit.
Guest managed to order it anyway despite the barista cancelling it as soon as they saw it.
Despite the DUTM telling them we didn't have it, they pitched a fit because "they'd already paid for it" so we offered a substitution.
Later we were reamed out by one of the ETLs for not being on top of our audits/availabilities. I told them we DID the audit & cancelled the item as soon as we saw so what the hell else could we do? Please enlighten us.
They muttered something about 'making sure' & I mentioned about software failures while we went back to our respective corners.
This ain't gonna go well at all.

We’ve had multiple no warning Starbucks drive up orders already, which we thought wouldn’t be allowed. We’ve also had people order with no time/ location services on, so not knowing when to make the drinks is frustrating. Starting this for the holidays will probably be the death of me. One lady already complained about her drink and I had 15 other DUs in the parking lot with 13 on the way (with me being the only one), so I told her she had to go down to Starbucks and talk to them.

Back