Archived Starbucks Employee Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! I'm about to start soon & was just wondering what/if there are any employee discounts for the people working at starbucks. Do they get starbucks employee discounts or the target ones, or none at all? Just wondering, not that it really matters. Sorry if this has been asked before!

NnoGhN1.gif

I'm about to start soon & was just wondering what/if there are any employee discounts for the people working at starbucks. Do they get starbucks employee discounts or the target ones, or none at all

I could be wrong as that has never been my work center, but to my knowledge there aren't any additional benefits given to Target Starbucks employees different from that of the average Target TM. Any SBucks TM/TLs or HR-TM's that could help out?

Thanks everyone! I figured it was just the regular target benefits but I just thought I'd ask

They get less pay, but they do get tips and free drinks at stand alone Starbucks. At Target, you will get all the same benefits and discounts any other Target employee gets.

Usually the pay is about 25 cents above minimum wage for a barista but you also get merit increases twice a year. Tips depending on your hours and store can mean about $40-$80 a week. 35% discounts, free drinks and a free tea box or bag of coffee a week. Insurance if you work the minimum 20 hours a week average, etc.

Starbucks is a good company to work for but it also has it's share of chaos.

Yep, Target baristas get a small bump-up over regular TMs but no additional perks beyond that.
We have guests constantly offering tips but we have to decline & anything left on the counter goes into the register because, ya know, cameras.
One long-timer used to ask guests to give a good review since that was worth more than a tip but stopped after one woman said 'Yeh, ain't got no time for that.'

I recently found out that if you make it obvious you're at a "Tarbucks," you can sign up for and purchase things from the Starbucks partner merchandise site at starbuckscoffeegear.com. Not really technically a perk, but if you like Starbucks-branded stuff, there you go.

Only thing I found kind of a bummer is that 90% of what's on that site isn't actually allowed for Target Starbucks dress code. Ah, well.

I emailed him (Steritech guy), he contacted his boss, and we were approved for them.

We were always told we had to have our hair covered with either a hat or hairnet.
How can they allow visors? The crown of your head is exposed.

We were always told we had to have our hair covered with either a hat or hairnet.
How can they allow visors? The crown of your head is exposed.
That was what I thought too. If you looked at the Holiday Now Brewing booklet. The front cover has Target Baristas with visors on too.

Do it! Much cooler in summer. If you have a regular Steritech inspector, you can just email him. Might mention that you saw Target baristas wearing them in a store while on vacation ;).

Do it! Much cooler in summer. If you have a regular Steritech inspector, you can just email him. Might mention that you saw Target baristas wearing them in a store while on vacation ;).
Where can you even get the visors? Did you buy it yourself for your team?

P-card is the store credit card. You can start with your ETL. HR and STL have them at most stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back