Archived Starbucks Employee Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were at a nearby Tarbucks (same district) a couple of months ago. Observed: No hats of any kinds on any of the 3 TM's present, no aprons on 2 of 3 and no collared shirts on any of them. One wore a gray hoodie.

No joke. How does this happen?

We were at a nearby Tarbucks (same district) a couple of months ago. Observed: No hats of any kinds on any of the 3 TM's present, no aprons on 2 of 3 and no collared shirts on any of them. One wore a gray hoodie.

No joke. How does this happen?

Pretty sure a collared shirt isn't required. @Yetive @redeye58

Pretty sure a collared shirt isn't required. @Yetive @redeye58

There's a poster of the required uniform on the back room wall with a TM in a black shirt (collared). They were super strict about it at my store. Black or white collared shirt. Black or khaki pants. Hat and apron. Never leave the work center with the apron on. I had 3 black golf shirts requisitioned for me because I'd get pulled to Starbucks when I was in a completely different work center.

Officially, collared shirts and khaki pants are required. Every time Starbucks updated their dress code, I did it for my team. So, when dyed hair and tats became ok at Sbux, I made them ok for us before Target did. Same with the latest dress code update. When Starbucks relaxed theirs, I relaxed ours. (Still has to be white or black, and no jeans). Definitely have to wear hats and aprons at all times.

Officially, collared shirts and khaki pants are required. Every time Starbucks updated their dress code, I did it for my team. So, when dyed hair and tats became ok at Sbux, I made them ok for us before Target did. Same with the latest dress code update. When Starbucks relaxed theirs, I relaxed ours. (Still has to be white or black, and no jeans). Definitely have to wear hats and aprons at all times.

Thanks for weighing in. Yup my team wears the hats and aprons but they often do wear white t shirts and black t shirts

Good to know!

There are so many more important things to worry about in there than collars.

There are so many more important things to worry about in there than collars.

Such as using Cascara syrup that is two moths past expired? Silly. :)

Worst that I saw was my co-team member, who was the laziest of anyone, working hard and dripping sweat. I thought, "Wow. He's really picking it up." Nope, then I heard him sniff. Yes, people, that would be snot.
I had to friggin argue with the ETL-GS that he needed to be out immediately that day. SMH

I think it is cool you guys can wear white although I don't think I would want to over there, it is asking for trouble over there.

Side note, anyone else have any mango syrup? I know it was d/c a while ago. Mine over ordered knowing I love it BUT I was out for surgery and this other girl gets like 8 pumps in her drinks and bought whatever was left and I am mad as hell and going to tell her off about her horrible cleaning when I gone. The soda mach. in cafe where we were was covered in this black gunk I about had a heart attack cos I got diet coke from there earlier that day. The straw area had a 1 inch layer of dust. I know there are only 3(4 but 1 is out on leave, it was me but now there is another 1 thats why i came back a week early) of us plus team lead who oversees 3 areas. I have pics I am going to show her.

Sorry for hijacking thread.
Can't get mango on ebay it is going for $50 bucks a bottle plus shipping.

Sorry, out of Mango. I don't drink much pop, but never from a machine after what Steritech says he sees.

Ran out of mango during summer & discovered we couldn't get it in before seeing it dropped from the order guide.

But Food Ave never wear their hat's! It's no longer required for them.

Sbux doesn't even require it in their locations and my state doesn't require it. I think it's a "brand" thing for Tarbucks. I hope they will look into getting rid of those.

I think whether or not it's technically a rule, half the stuff mentioned in this thread is essentially "ASANTS."

I just transferred, and there's a lot of stuff different even in that realm.

First store, we never wore hats unless we heard Steritech was around, and as long as you were properly covered, any black top and any shoes were acceptable. My new store is 100% on hats all the time (including Food Ave), black or white top of any kind without a hood, and any closed-toe shoes. Nobody seems to care about collars one way or the other. I've been borrowed at another store a few times that has visors, but was told my new store only does hats.

I'd prefer to wear a visor if I have to wear a hat at all, but I'd mostly prefer to keep my job right now, and a hat is something that (while annoying) I think I can probably live with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back