Archived Starbucks remodel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just heard today that our Starbucks is getting a pretty big remodel/transition in the next month or so; I believe to make it look closer to a regular Starbucks. Apparently not a lot of stores are getting it. Has anyone's store gotten this yet and what does it look like? I'm curious to see pics.

I wonder if it has to do with the new food items Starbucks has rolled out. If we get the cinnamon pecan sticky buns in store, I might gain a few extra pounds...

It's for 114 stores. All of them likely the P04 prototype (04 being the year they opened) per their licensing agreement to improve and keep their facilities updated.

Improvements include; new dining room seating, warming package (for non-warming stores) and some electrical and remodel work on the counters, fresh coat of paint, etc.

Sadly it has nothing to do with the La Boulange line of foods which will be rolling out in Summer at licensed stores. Its just keeping up Target in compliance with their licensing agreement.

I think we are getting La Boulange after the remodel; I saw something about that in a Messageboard recently. Something about how they might be getting communication about it but it wasn't going to be set for another month or two. I'll double check next time I'm at work.

I think we are getting La Boulange after the remodel; I saw something about that in a Messageboard recently. Something about how they might be getting communication about it but it wasn't going to be set for another month or two. I'll double check next time I'm at work.

Yeah, I heard we were getting La Boulange also. I would assume it's only a select few of them, but I too heard this.

I wanna see pics!
Re: La Boulange - Starbucks' own gossip page panned the pastries.
They all have to be warmed, lengthening the wait time & they were soggy & tasteless.

It's for 114 stores. All of them likely the P04 prototype (04 being the year they opened) per their licensing agreement to improve and keep their facilities updated.

Improvements include; new dining room seating, warming package (for non-warming stores) and some electrical and remodel work on the counters, fresh coat of paint, etc.

Sadly it has nothing to do with the La Boulange line of foods which will be rolling out in Summer at licensed stores. Its just keeping up Target in compliance with their licensing agreement.

My store is a P09 and we're getting it.....

My store is a P09 and we're getting it.....

My store is also a P09 (post-remodel) if I remember correctly, but I've heard nothing about this. Then again, I don't usually hear things until months later.

I have seen a Target store with a new built Starbucks in our neighboring district. The cosmetic appearance is similar to this style on the pics. The main differences besides this is the whole side bay and spinner are a thing of the past and the new wall unit will house all the whole bean coffees and merchandise. Also the bar area is getting expanded, (older stores bar space is small), a turbo chef oven if ( if it doesn't have one already) and they will be getting their own dishwasher and three compartment sink (based on if location has space allocated to allow it ). Also higher volume starbucks stores are getting bigger pastry cases, an extra esspresso machine ($4000 sales a week for esspresso sales) and a next blender ($4500 sales a week for frappuccino) I will try to take pics of the the one that opened next to us.

Attachments

• citytarget-back-to-collegejpg-53ee9738bc2d5598.jpg
    citytarget-back-to-collegejpg-53ee9738bc2d5598.jpg
    477.1 KB · Views: 120
Ours is 9+ yrs old but in a tiny space so I doubt we'll see any changes.
I wish we had the glass partitions, tho. We have guests who reach over to grab cups, straws, lids, etc. All the SBs put in after ours have them. One woman even grabbed a syrup bottle to 'check ingredients'. My TL took it back from her & tossed it in the trash. When she asked him why, he said "You just reached into a sanitized area & grabbed a food ingredient. Since we don't know where your hands have been, items you touch have to be tossed."
She complained to the ETL but he backed the TL asking her if she wanted her drink prepared with ingredients handled by outsiders.

I wish we had the glass partitions, tho. We have guests who reach over to grab cups, straws, lids, etc. All the SBs put in after ours have them. One woman even grabbed a syrup bottle to 'check ingredients'. My TL took it back from her & tossed it in the trash. When she asked him why, he said "You just reached into a sanitized area & grabbed a food ingredient. Since we don't know where your hands have been, items you touch have to be tossed."
She complained to the ETL but he backed the TL asking her if she wanted her drink prepared with ingredients handled by outsiders.

God that has to suck. I could just imagine how insane that would be especially during 4th quarter when everyone is sick and coughing .

God that has to suck. I could just imagine how insane that would be especially during 4th quarter when everyone is sick and coughing .

If I can reach the basket where they keep the cupholders (a ways away from the front of the counter), then there might be a problem.

I have seen a Target store with a new built Starbucks in our neighboring district. The cosmetic appearance is similar to this style on the pics. The main differences besides this is the whole side bay and spinner are a thing of the past and the new wall unit will house all the whole bean coffees and merchandise. Also the bar area is getting expanded, (older stores bar space is small), a turbo chef oven if ( if it doesn't have one already) and they will be getting their own dishwasher and three compartment sink (based on if location has space allocated to allow it ). Also higher volume starbucks stores are getting bigger pastry cases, an extra esspresso machine ($4000 sales a week for esspresso sales) and a next blender ($4500 sales a week for frappuccino) I will try to take pics of the the one that opened next to us.

That will not fit in my store. We have maybe half that space.

More space, a bigger case, another espresso machine, blender, etc wouldn't do us any good until we get enough hrs.

That's when you talk to your Starbucks DM regarding hours. Their licensing agreement requires there be a minimum number of hours (I believe 160) and if its anything less they can put your store on non-compliance. It's a sneaky way to ensure that you get allotted hours. ;)

More space, a bigger case, another espresso machine, blender, etc wouldn't do us any good until we get enough hrs.

That's when you talk to your Starbucks DM regarding hours. Their licensing agreement requires there be a minimum number of hours (I believe 160) and if its anything less they can put your store on non-compliance. It's a sneaky way to ensure that you get allotted hours. ;)

Acutally it's only a requirement for the first six weeks when the location first opens . After that the Target has the full say with the amount of hours Starbucks receives. Due to the store being a licensee they can not issue a Non compliance for it.

For those of you that do have payroll issues here is the way HQ plans Starbucks hours.

Every Starbucks gets 115 hours regard less. Once you hit $3,700 a week in sales you gain 5 additional hours in payroll for every $500 additional in sales.

But it all comes down to your STL and how they spread the hours .

Update on this (sorry): Apparently this is upgrade is still happening in some stores and might be coming to all

Our Starbucks is a warming store, we've had La Boulounge for a year now and because of our high sales, we are getting a Starbucks on the second floor as well that we will have to run as well. Our Target has three floors and we're in a mall so it gets crazy. I'm not too thrilled about the second location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back