Archived Stinky Co-Workers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok well at my old store we had a cashier like this who smelled like he hadn't bathed in weeks and after a few months of both TMs and guests complaining, an LOD actually requisitioned him deodorant and Axe spray and he was coached for his poor hygiene. So I don't really see why this has to be an issue. LODs need to be doing their job and letting these people know that it's totally unacceptable to come to work smelling like that.

If I ever became homeless, I would at least buy a gym membership, so I would at least have access to a shower.

If you're homeless, the last thing you'll want to spend what little money you have will be on a "gym" membership.

If you're homeless, the last thing you'll want to spend what little money you have will be on a "gym" membership.

Homeless doesn't mean jobless. I'd gladly pay $20-30 a month for a hot shower and a safe place to hang out at night.

"Gyms" with a wet area are gonna cost substantially more than that.

Something tells me you've never been a member of a health club before.

"Gyms" with a wet area are gonna cost substantially more than that.

Something tells me you've never been a member of a health club before.

I had a membership for 24! It was $28 a month!

Well, without any discounts, gym memberships can be pretty expensive, but usually there's a way to haggle the price down.

Well, without any discounts, gym memberships can be pretty expensive, but usually there's a way to haggle the price down.

I would never spend more that $40 bucks on a gym. I don't think I got a special deal or anything, it was just the $28 a month, but there was an initiation fee which was almost $200 I think. But, they gave me a few free sessions with a trainer, so it was like paying for that. This gym had all the cardio machines, pool, spa, sauna, and basket ball court down stairs. Upstairs were the weights and yoga studios. Fully loaded gym for dirt cheap.

The point here though is, if I were homeless, it's easy as fuck to find a cheap gym membership just to get access to a shower.

Regardless, I bet there isn't a single homeless person in the world with a health club membership.

Homeless people have more pressing things to worry about than hygiene. One can always clean up in any store with a restroom. Hell, I've seen them doing that @ Spot before and felt bad for them.

Homeless gym memberships, LOL.

Regardless, I bet there isn't a single homeless person in the world with a health club membership.

Homeless people have more pressing things to worry about than hygiene. One can always clean up in any store with a restroom. Hell, I've seen them doing that @ Spot before and felt bad for them.

Homeless gym memberships, LOL.

Again, homeless doesn't equal jobless. You can make "enough money" and simply not be able to afford a place to live. Having good hygiene is important because it will make it a lot easier to keep your job and be somewhat integrated in society. Hell, what does the average person make at Target a month. Maybe $1000? $1500? I'm paying for my shower.

disgraced.gif

Never mind the fact that a some homeless people actually do this. At least at 24...because you know....they're open all night. I even dated a guy whom worked the night shift at the front desk at 24. While it wasn't common, he had a few regular members that came in just to use the showers. The only bills I would have homeless are the gym membership, and a pay as you go cell phone.

My uncle was homeless briefly (like four-six months) when he was in his twenties. He sometimes slept in a tent someone gave him and other nights he would crash at friends houses. He was employed and attending school. He did have a gym membership that he paid for and used it to shower so it does happen.

I currently work with a homeless girl. Well, I guess maybe "partially homeless"? She lives with her boyfriend a few days every few weeks, but I guess they fight too much and he usually kicks her out for long periods of time. She keeps a gym membership at 24 Hour so she can shower when she's not staying with him, and usually sleeps in her car.

I don't know if it counts @Target NPC @Kartman but yeah, I actually know someone like this with a gym membership. Definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

Well slap me around and call me Susan.

My former gym was 24 hr & I got to know a girl who was there a few nights a week curled up in one of the dressing rooms.
The overnight staff looked the other way because her 'boyfriend' was slapping her around until someone finally got her to a DV shelter.

What, because several folks dispelled your disbelief?
Or a related topic?

When did this become about spousal abuse?

It hasn't yet.
It was one of the reasons someone was holing up at a gym.
People have LOTS of reasons to be homeless, one of the reasons someone might be hygiene-challenged at work.

And others are jerks but I can at least wear a clothespin on my nose for the stinky folk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back