Archived Stinky Co-Workers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And others are jerks but I can at least wear a clothespin on my nose for the stinky folk.
d4b.jpg

Back on topic. Sometimes you can in a friendly way encourage someone about their hygiene. I know sometimes I stink from a sweaty day and wish someone would tell me. There's a polite way to do it as others have mentioned. If I stink, let me know!

When I worked overnight, there were a couple guys on my team whose hygiene was deplorable. I was always tempted to grab cans of Axe from HBA and spray the hell out of them.

There's only one TM in my store (that I know of) with terrible hygiene. I've complained about him here before. He smells salty, and he smells like farts. Not shit, like, I'm sure he hasn't shit himself...but either he doesn't wipe well, or he's on day 7 of those pants, and they're stained with a week of farts. I doubt he eats healthy either, so I picture them as Dorito and Pizza Roll farts.

Remember in grade school, when kids would come in from lunch and they'd be sweaty, and their faces would have dirt smudges on them, from where they'd wipe sweat away with a dirty hand? He looks like that sometimes at the end of his shift. So, it's not a case of a lack of resources. It really is just a case of not giving a fuck/never learning to control such things. Luckily, I almost never see him.

Ugh, he's just so gross. I can't even imagine coming to work having not showered that day. So to see how some people are with their hygiene, it sorta blows my mind.

I can't even imagine coming to work having not showered that day.
Ugh, same. So far there has only been one day where I went in without showering, and only because I overslept. I hated it so much that I went home on my lunch break, showered, changed clothes, and came back.

Ugh, same. So far there has only been one day where I went in without showering, and only because I overslept. I hated it so much that I went home on my lunch break, showered, changed clothes, and came back.

LMAO! Yeah I've done that too. It was at an old job. I was exactly one mile away, and we had hour long lunches, so I went for it. Probably was unnecessary, but I felt better.

LMAO! Yeah I've done that too. It was at an old job. I was exactly one mile away, and we had hour long lunches, so I went for it. Probably was unnecessary, but I felt better.
lol, an hour would've been nice. I had to time myself to make sure I was back within 30 minutes. The funny thing is, nobody realized what I'd done, except for the GSA that day, and only because I told her beforehand. To me, feeling clean is more important than not feeling hungry.

Always fun as someone who doesn't drive to bike into work in either 90 F with 100% humidity like NJ so that even after toweling down and changing into my work clothes I was still sweaty.
Or in the winter up here in AK, when it's -15 you still sweat but your eyes freeze open.
Heavy duty sports deodorant and towel baths are about the only options you have.

I'm a dirty rotten smoker but you can't ever smell it on me oddly enough. My coworkers tell people when they smell and never tell me and know they can and i wouldn't get mad, plus had a few coworkers shocked when they found out i smoke. And it's weird.. I'm a smoker but hate the smell of smoke on other people so i feel for you non smokers. I don't use the jackets and things either for that reason, if i do smell like smoke one day. I guess I'm a courteous smoker lol. I've never smelled a vaper, didn't realize you could smell like a smoker on one lol. There's a few people that vape at my store and you can never smell it on them.

I can't even imagine coming to work having not showered that day. So to see how some people are with their hygiene, it sorta blows my mind.
God just the thought of that makes my skin crawl. Every time I have a 6am presentation shift I'm always paranoid about oversleeping and not having time to shower.
Keeping one of those little trial sized deodorant sticks in my purse just in case helps if I'm going to be sweating a lot in our inferno of a backroom

We have a gem at my store. TM has celiac disease AND is lactose intolerant. They'll talk about these issues with anyone that even glances their way. You know what they eat every single day? Muffins. Fucking chock-full-of-wheat muffins. And drinks a goddamn gallon of Starbucks cold coffee. Every. Single. Day. Imagine the worst smell you have ever smelled and multiply it by 1500. People have left their shift early because of this person's stench, because it seriously makes you feel ill. Absolutely fucking horrible.

We have a gem at my store. TM has celiac disease AND is lactose intolerant. They'll talk about these issues with anyone that even glances their way. You know what they eat every single day? Muffins. Fucking chock-full-of-wheat muffins. And drinks a goddamn gallon of Starbucks cold coffee. Every. Single. Day. Imagine the worst smell you have ever smelled and multiply it by 1500. People have left their shift early because of this person's stench, because it seriously makes you feel ill. Absolutely fucking horrible.
Oh gawd has anyone talked to them about that??? Their diet and their issues must give them terrible gas or something

Oh gawd has anyone talked to them about that??? Their diet and their issues must give them terrible gas or something

Not to my knowledge, but I haven't specifically asked. I know the majority of flow has said they refuse to work in the same area as this TM because it is awful. AWFUL. There are times that you can walk past the area that this person is in and will gag because the smell is that bad. I shouldn't be able to smell someone's ass from 110 feet away.

One time when I was doing presentation in girl's basics I kept catching a whiff of what smelled like feet that hadn't been washed ever and socks drenched in sweat on my way to the fixture room. Turns out it was one of the softlines flow TMs. Thankfully she quit after Christmas because people would smell that every morning she worked.
Funnily enough none of the smokers at my store smell bad. Our whole Food Ave/Starbucks team smokes and you really can't tell at all

Thankfully the worst I have to deal with most days is guests that put on WAY too much perfume, to the point that my eyes water even though they're on the other side of the Deli counter...
We do have one smoker who drags the stench over to the lockers, but I suspect it might be because they stick half-finished cigarettes back into the carton... which then gets stashed in a locker.

Thankfully the worst I have to deal with most days is guests that put on WAY too much perfume, to the point that my eyes water even though they're on the other side of the Deli counter...
Occasionally we have those obnoxious guys that seem to bathe in Axe try on some of our clothes. One dude actually changed his shirt in the middle of the sales floor (in which I promptly told him we have a fitting room) and the Axe overload almost made me choke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back