Archived STL quit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found out that my STL quit and this is her last week. I'm in total shock and I wanted to know, do STL's usually quit because of possibly being fired or is this a legit personal decision to do something else?

I don't think they would let you finish out the week if you're being fired.

Hopefully she just found a better job (your store sounds like it would be stressful to run).

I hope she did get a better job. Our store is not easy to run but it seemed like she liked running it.

I don't think they would let you finish out the week if you're being fired.

Hopefully she just found a better job (your store sounds like it would be stressful to run).

I'm surprised they letting her finish her week. When our HR etl tried to give her two weeks notice they told her to pack up her office and leave.

Well we're talking about an STL for a huge busy store, I doubt they can afford for her to just leave.

I was told that STL, HR ETL and AP ETL usually don't get to work there last two weeks just cause of the power they have.

Who knows what's going on but apparently my STL gets to work her two weeks.

My STL just disappeared... poof!

I coming up on my 2 year mark and I've seen six ETLs vamoose.

And this is a low volume store...

Last edited:
Spot doesn't normally let the stl work out their last 2 weeks. Here is your papers & bye-bye. I have seen it happen more than once over the years.

She could've been on the road to getting fired. I think that's what happened with my last STL. He quit and worked out a week or 2. It was his decision, but I don't think the DTL would've let him last a whole lot longer.

Well we're talking about an STL for a huge busy store, I doubt they can afford for her to just leave.
You'd be surprised what someone who has a key & access to EVERYTHING in the store could do during their last days; the longer they're there, the greater the security risk.
The "Going out with a bang" thread only scratches the surface.

I had an STL that gave her two weeks notice and they let her stay the whole two weeks. My store had just opened and the person that was the beginning STL had never been involved with opening a new store and she hadn't been with the company fer that long. I think that what really happened is that the higher level people realized that the STL was in way over her head and it was mostly the upper level people who were to blame..... her husband was being discharged from military service and I think that everything ended up all for the better for her and the store.

However, I don't think that this is the norm.

Mine's last days were him almost walking around whistling...

I knew something was up!

Last edited:
An STL in my district just "resigned" supposedly there was something under the radar that got him to make the decision. We had an HRBP resign awhile ago for another job with another company for lower pay. It's always little whispers here and there when all of a sudden you realize you haven't heard from a person or about that person in a while.

I think if an exec or above is going to a rival retailer they leave that day, if they were going to a different business world then they would likely stay. That is standard in the business world not just retail. But then again this is Spot and who knows.

Something's got to happen... good or bad, time will tell.

We have had one at our store and a couple in the district who were given the option of either A. Being Fired. B. saying you are moving on to pursue other interests. So, it pretty much came down ( at least in the situations I am referring to ) to either quit or be fired. The truth eventually comes out ...make take a while but it always does.

I'd sure like to run Target for awhile. It would be a hoot!

We had an stl resign two days after coming to our store. Left the company completely...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back