Archived STL Watching TMs Via Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they don't catch me touching myself...
aaf_shifty.gif
Or the occasional wardrobe malfunction.

I'm convinced my old ETL watched us on her closing nights. We wouldn't see her for hours, but any time someone went to a different area, pulled out their phone, talked to another TM for (maybe) a little too long, or did something that could look like they weren't working, she'd call that person out specifically and ask where they were or what they were working on.

No one was sad when we found out she was leaving.
If I was ever in that situation, I'd look dead straight at the nearest camera with a disapproving look and tell her what I'm up to, keeping that face the entire time.

I work as an HRTM and things keep going "missing" from the TSC and storage. I've brought it to the attention of my ETL and the ETL-AP, but nothing seems to be happening. Are there no cameras in TSC? Anyone else experience this? I've had personal items go missing. It's annoying!

I work as an HRTM and things keep going "missing" from the TSC and storage. I've brought it to the attention of my ETL and the ETL-AP, but nothing seems to be happening. Are there no cameras in TSC? Anyone else experience this? I've had personal items go missing. It's annoying!

Our TMSC office locks. The door is always closed and locked if HRTM is not in there. She checks out a key every day.
There are no cameras in the office area, breakroom, learning library, or conference room.

Our TMSC office locks. The door is always closed and locked if HRTM is not in there. She checks out a key every day.
There are no cameras in the office area, breakroom, learning library, or conference room.

We have the domes that look like cameras are in the area but I'm beginning to think they are empty. Our TSC area is down a key padded hallway but all team members have access.

So there is no separate office for HR? Seems like some sensitive information would be vulnerable to snoopers.

It's most definitely not a secure place for information. Our turned down applications aren't locked in a drawer. I've only been at this location for 6 months and it's completely different from my old store.

I'm sure my AP ETL sees me standing around the electronics boat a lot checking my phone and messaging but guess what for all the standing around I do I get a shit ton of zoning, cleaning, backstocking, push and guest service done by the end of my day. I get more done than anyone else in electronics so I'm allowed to stand around some times.

Fellow HRTM, there are some but mostly by ths timeclock. I lock my stuff in my ETL HRs office.

So there is no separate office for HR? Seems like some sensitive information would be vulnerable to snoopers.

Good point but it depends on the store. Mine is in a high traffic area and we have a locked cabinet for confidential files and information.

Camera strategy varies depending on the store. But there should be some sort of camera coverage in the TSC area.

We never had them in my stores in TMSC (TSC to you, 'clerical' to everyone :D). AP wanted to install a camera at the time clock, but we never got around to it.

I'm sure my AP ETL sees me standing around the electronics boat a lot checking my phone and messaging but guess what for all the standing around I do I get a shit ton of zoning, cleaning, backstocking, push and guest service done by the end of my day. I get more done than anyone else in electronics so I'm allowed to stand around some times.

If it was a good ETL-AP, he shouldn't care unless you being on your phone causes a loss to the store. Being in electronics that is definitely a higher risk. Just keep your head on a swivel, and keep moving and your head up if teens or sketchy people are in your area.

I know my ETL-AP couldn't give less of a damn if you zoned 1 peghook, just don't let someone steal from your area unnoticed. But of course this is the same ETL-AP that when we got into a scuffle with a drugged out guy, 3 of us on top of him couldn't subdue the guy, so he punched him repeatedly in the groin telling him never to steal from Target again. So your experience may very ; )

We never had them in my stores in TMSC (TSC to you, 'clerical' to everyone :D). AP wanted to install a camera at the time clock, but we never got around to it.
That's not something you "just get around to it." It's a camera that would have been installed when the store first opened. It's a required camera. Someone moved it and shouldn't have.

That's not something you "just get around to it." It's a camera that would have been installed when the store first opened. It's a required camera. Someone moved it and shouldn't have.
The store itself opened up over 45 years ago and went through the 'p-fresh' remodel, and I was hired after the remodel so I never knew what it was like before then. Maybe it was removed during the remodel and never placed back? Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back