Archived Store changing the dress code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh. Trust me, it was definitely HR. No matter where I've worked, it's always HR doing this type of pointless stuff. There is always one HR person who is good and does all the work. The rest make work for themselves. So far at Spot I've found my store is no different. We have one HR person who takes to wandering around the floor telling TMs how to do their jobs. My TL heads to the backroom when she sees the HR person coming because she doesn't want to deal with it. This person is horrible. Several times I've already had to tell this HR-TM that no, I can't stop doing what I'm doing to go do what she thinks needs to be done because my current task is what the ETL wants done as the priority task. This always results in a long walkie conversation between the HR person and the ETL that ends up with the ETL saying I need to keep doing what I'm doing and not go do what the HR person wants done. And, that was 15 minutes of my time wasted.

That must get old quick...😱🤯

That must get old quick...😱🤯

Yeah. Real quick. It's always the same thing too. I'm trying to get product on the shelves so it can be sold, but HR-TM thinks I should stop that and go zone some other section or focus more on guests. You would think she'd learn how the store operates because she's been there for over a decade. But, nope. She can't figure out that everyone on the day shift pushes product while trying to interact with guests as little as possible and the night shift does zoning and guest service. Thus, everyone working days hates her.

I mean we just got a new ETL-HR so it makes sense. They're not very well liked. Useless too, bc the old one before she quit would help with backup at the lanes and always walk around the store for a bit saying hi to everyone. This new one lives in their office with the light off except for one of those "daylight lamps" they sell at Brookstone for like $99,000. They probably made it. Makes sense.

Oh. Trust me, it was definitely HR. No matter where I've worked, it's always HR doing this type of pointless stuff. There is always one HR person who is good and does all the work. The rest make work for themselves. So far at Spot I've found my store is no different. We have one HR person who takes to wandering around the floor telling TMs how to do their jobs. My TL heads to the backroom when she sees the HR person coming because she doesn't want to deal with it. This person is horrible. Several times I've already had to tell this HR-TM that no, I can't stop doing what I'm doing to go do what she thinks needs to be done because my current task is what the ETL wants done as the priority task. This always results in a long walkie conversation between the HR person and the ETL that ends up with the ETL saying I need to keep doing what I'm doing and not go do what the HR person wants done. And, that was 15 minutes of my time wasted.

Yeah. Real quick. It's always the same thing too. I'm trying to get product on the shelves so it can be sold, but HR-TM thinks I should stop that and go zone some other section or focus more on guests. You would think she'd learn how the store operates because she's been there for over a decade. But, nope. She can't figure out that everyone on the day shift pushes product while trying to interact with guests as little as possible and the night shift does zoning and guest service. Thus, everyone working days hates her.

What you are describing is not an HRTM's responsibility at all. This is just your particular store's HRTM being delusional and power tripping when they have no actual authority over the sales floor processes. I can't believe that your store's HRTM actually has time to do sh*t like that. I don't even have enough time to get my own work center's stuff done because of low hours on top of other ETLs unfairly delegating their work to my team.

What you are describing is not an HRTM's responsibility at all. This is just your particular store's HRTM being delusional and power tripping when they have no actual authority over the sales floor processes. I can't believe that your store's HRTM actually has time to do sh*t like that. I don't even have enough time to get my own work center's stuff done because of low hours on top of other ETLs unfairly delegating their work to my team.

Yup. I know it's not her job. We're a smaller store so there is only so much to do. Our ETL-HR is loved by everyone and seems to do a great job. She does the real HR work. It's just the HR-TM who has been there forever who does this stuff because she has nothing else to do at times. She thinks she can direct what happens on the floor because she used to work it a decade ago. Annoying.

Whoever thought this up doesn’t have enough to do, which under modernization is a marvel in itself.😉 Not to mention the utter waste of time and paper, since the actual dress code is printed in the handbook.🙄
Or they're having issues with TMs that .... stretch .... the definitions. We had a few people at my store wearing shirts with logos from their high school (both nearby schools are red and black) or from one of the two pro sports teams who have red as one of their colors.

To be fair I’m sure it’s not apart the core roles but myself as with many other positions at target do way more than what is in my core roles because that is what is asked of me by store leadership. This could be someone on a power trip or an ETL-HR that asks said TM to do that. Ya never know.

To be fair I’m sure it’s not apart the core roles but myself as with many other positions at target do way more than what is in my core roles because that is what is asked of me by store leadership. This could be someone on a power trip or an ETL-HR that asks said TM to do that. Ya never know.

I don't think that this applies to @seasonaldude's situation. In this particular case, the HRTM is acting as if they are an ETL who can boss people around for non-HR related things. This is way above their pay grade and out of their realm of authority. Also, an actual ETL told seasonaldude to disregard what the HRTM said to him about what to do on the sales floor. This means that the HRTM's actions were not supported by leadership.

Last edited:
Ok about dress code. We recently have new team members wearing black pants. One read the employee handbook which says any solid colored pants, preferably khaki colored. So they cannot do anything to these team members.

I wore a sweater to work today because I opened and it was cold this morning and by 9:30 I felt like I needed another shower because I was sweating so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back