Archived Store has $28K in Apple Products Stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.
When will Spot learn that cutting payroll during extended hours is incredibly foolish. If there had been enough staff, this could have been avoided.

Uh, how exactly? Maybe if those hours went to AP.

The one dude was smart to wear khaki pants and a red hoodie.

Payroll has nothing to do with this. AP wouldn’t have been able to do anything but call the police.

Side note: Pretty sure that guy in the red hoodie was part of a national alert group that was lighting up stores about a year and half ago. Probably the other guys too. If so they were marked as DNA (Do not apprehend/approach). These guys aren’t amateurs.

EDIT: Well maybe not. After watching the video these guys were much more aggressive and reckless when breaking that case.

Last edited:
AP was following them live on camera before the case was smashed, and called 9-1-1 as soon as it happened. Police were not quick enough. They threatened the TPS with the hammer.

In situations with weapons involved, it's not worth the risk of injury.

But that's my point. How would having more people in the store have helped? They were apparently willing to be violent, so, not much could be done, right?

Maybe if they saw that there were lots of tms around, they would just leave. This probably wouldn't work with these guys, but with o rd just looking for an opportunity to steal.

Having more people around wouldn't have helped. It probably would have made the situation worse. Based on their actions I'm willing to bet they were carrying some sort of weapon other than the hammers they were swinging. Even without the hammer swinging I wouldn't approach them. And I would be calling all TMs away from it, which I hope is what the AP at that store did.

Maybe if they saw that there were lots of tms around, they would just leave. This probably wouldn't work with these guys, but with o rd just looking for an opportunity to steal.

Guest servicing works great with peer pressured teens and first time offenders.

For a booster or someone who knows targets ap policies. They often don't really care who is there.

For example we have people who will steal when our tps is around but head for the exits when our etl ap is in the store.

But that's my point. How would having more people in the store have helped? They were apparently willing to be violent, so, not much could be done, right?
It would have meant nothing, I'm agreeing with you, just saying AP was there at the time.

Reactions: On6
This isn't an isolated case. Here in California, we had a store (not mine) have somebody run in, smash the Apple case, grab, and run. We kept Apple products in the stockroom for a week after that.

This isn't an isolated case. Here in California, we had a store (not mine) have somebody run in, smash the Apple case, grab, and run. We kept Apple products in the stockroom for a week after that.

But like someone said why were are there iPhones in the general public view we have are in a locked store room, in a locked storage cabinet.

And sorry if I see any sort of weapon I call it off , not worth it, I would just try to deter before they tried to take anything. Maybe try to get a license plate but thats about it

But like someone said why were are there iPhones in the general public view we have are in a locked store room, in a locked storage cabinet.

And sorry if I see any sort of weapon I call it off , not worth it, I would just try to deter before they tried to take anything. Maybe try to get a license plate but thats about it
If I see a group of guys select hammers and go towards electronics, deterrence is off the table.

If I see a group of guys select hammers and go towards electronics, deterrence is off the table.

Im not going near them, just so they can see that I am watching from a safe distance

That's the case in my store and every store I've been in, too. Our Apple case is only watches, iPads, and a handful of iPod touches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back