Store Paygrades

I'm glad someone was able to answer your questions and have so many answers for you. The answers could vary on what part of the country you live in, years of service, and a few other variables, but it sounds like they covered most aspects of your question

kinda curious where do the building services guys fit in on all that?

They are on a different payscale... I think its keyed as F15 or some arbitrary number like that, in all reality it is completely independent of the rest of the pay in your store and is based off of jobs of similar responsibilities in the same area (I would guess it takes those other jobs into account, and then shaves a few bucks off knowing target)...

added by silkk01:

I know the Senior APS position was a P15.

As for ETL's...you have 4...

P8 - Beginning ETL
P10 - After the first year or so as long as you are approved. Only requires you to take more classes and get approved by the DTL.
P12 - Should be ready for a store within 12 months. Need to interview for the position with several DTL and maybe a GVP.
P15 - This is actually the Senior ETL position. This is an ETL that is signed off as a STL, but waiting on the position. Must interview with DTL that are not in your area, GVP's, and maybe RVP's.

Gah I was just reading this and am starting to wish that silkk was here! i would love to pick his brain now that I am more on equal footings with him when it comes to knowledge... I miss his awesome guidance

I don't know about target shaving a few bucks off, based off prior work history. They gave me a extra couple of bucks when i started based off my work history. but then again DC's are just better.

Other than the obvious differences in starting pay, are there any other reasons for the various paygrades? Do different paygrades accrue vacation or personal time differently? Does it affect merit increases? What is the purpose of the paygrade other than as a classification for starting pay for a particular type of job?

this is an estimate, but the starting salary between PG 3 to PG 17 is arond 5$/hr more or less. Of course it varies by cities, states, suburbs, inner city, urban, rural, experience, education, the list goes on.
Hey everyone! I used to browse thebreakroom.org every once in a while so I'm definitely glad it is back up and running. I was curious though if anyone has the list of paygrades from cashier to sr.TL. I feel like I saw it before, and I found something on workbench but it stops at PG 11, and I would like to know the TL paygrades.

Thanks!

The 3 positions in the store that hourly employees should strive for is the Building Service positions, Cake Decorator, and Baker, I believe those are the 3 positions inside of a store that are job class "Regular" instead of Team Member level, and Regular I believe is pretty similar to TL grade, which i believe gets you 6 holidays instead of 2, I think you only have to work 20 hours a week instead of 32 to get benefits, you get 2 weeks of vacation 1st year 5 years of employment instead of 1, 3 days of PH hours instead of 2, etc. and I think you also become eligible for Tuition Reiumbursement, though you may have to double check with your HR to confirm each of these details before trying to promote into them.

From what you have said you should receive $1 more per hour so you should be making over 10/hr!!!!!! Welcome to the double digit club :)

I wish you all the very best in your attempt to get promoted and get paid a reasonable rate of pay. I would negotiate as best as they allow you to that is. There is a "max" rate for everyk pay grade, so hopefully they will make you aware of what those "max's" are.
I talked to my STL who closed with me tonight as LOD (the SR TL HR wasnt in today). He told me they are still figuring out what my pay is and then they will "make me an offer"

Has anyone whom gotten promoted happen to them?

I try hard to get at least $10 an hour. I should find out what i will get tomorrow what my pay will be.

when you talk about base wage, is that referring to minimum wage or the amount of money you are making before you get the pay increase. I am at N5 now making 8.10 an hour. Im going to be moving up to N13 for pharmacy technician. Just wondering if It works so I will make 11.10 an hour?

Base pay is simply what you're making before the change. Your increase SHOULD be at least $3. Pharm tech is one of the best gigs at the store level, good luck!

So do you think I could make more than three dollars for promotion to pharm tech. than or is that just something different for sftls?

So question... I'm a N07 Presentation tm but I'm thinking about Softlines brand tm.. do you think they will give me a pay increase? Brand tm is only N05 but there is going to be more responsibility.. I don't think I want to do it if there is going to be a pay cut or if I stay the same.. what do you think? I've already been a team lead and I was sad about the cut for stepping down.. I don't want to do that again.

So question... I'm a N07 Presentation tm but I'm thinking about Softlines brand tm.. do you think they will give me a pay increase? Brand tm is only N05 but there is going to be more responsibility.. I don't think I want to do it if there is going to be a pay cut or if I stay the same.. what do you think? I've already been a team lead and I was sad about the cut for stepping down.. I don't want to do that again.

Talk to your HR - there may be some negotiation involved!

Min here is only $7.25 :( I asked for a raise and my HR just chuckled. Maybe one day soon!

• PG7
    • Backroom O/N, AM, Day
    • Flow O/N, AM, Day
    • Receiving/Reverse Logistics
    • Presentation
    • HR TM
    • Metro Comp Shop
    • Starbucks TM

Question, if receiving is in the same PG as backroom, then how come I got a 50 cent raise switching from backroom to receiving? Not complaining but just curious because I always thought receiving would be at the next PG.

Question, if receiving is in the same PG as backroom, then how come I got a 50 cent raise switching from backroom to receiving? Not complaining but just curious because I always thought receiving would be at the next PG.

Receiving and signing should both be pay grade 9 positions. That is normally $1 over base and $.50 over pay grade 7.

All of our IS tms are paygrade 7. After a little meet and greet to compare what we do with the backroom, flow and presentation teams it was agreed that our store requires us to do many of the tasks that are the reason that these teams were a higher paygrade plus do the IS core roles. We are technically logistics tms for payroll purposes, but all of the hours are scheduled to instocks.

Yeah....that changed. We now have only one "permanent" IStm and the paygrade has been dropped to 5. They schedule the others one hour more than IS hours in the backroom or on flow so that IS isn't their main work center and they can remain at pg7.

Yeah....that changed. We now have only one "permanent" IStm and the paygrade has been dropped to 5. They schedule the others one hour more than IS hours in the backroom or on flow so that IS isn't their main work center and they can remain at pg7.

that is so wrong!

Back