Archived Store Pick Up average pick time

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFSFun

Ship from Store: Don't call it Ship To Store!!
For flexible fulfillment orders to be picked up in store, I have seen a % for orders picked on time and a % for orders that are fulfilled successfully.

Posted near that info at my store is the average pick time. Does anyone know how that average is affected by orders that drop in after the daily cutoff?

I'm assuming if an order drops at 9pm and doesn't get picked until 7am, it doesn't cause that average pick time to shoot up.

That's a good question that I don't know the answer to. If I had to guess, I would say that overnight orders are just freebies that don't affect the picked on time metric. Another guess would be that the timer doesn't start until 8 (since the overnight deadline is 9am).

I would figure that the clock doesn't start timing until 8am, when it assumes there is someone to pick it. If it gets picked earlier, it's probably just recorded as "zero."

Just last week somebody showed up at my store looking for an order they placed online. They must have placed it right before they got to the store because it hadn't even dropped in our system yet. The guest was borderline screaming at guest service until our Backroom TL showed him that the order just dropped when they called for it. People gotta relax with this instantaneous gratitude bullshit already.

We get that at least once a month. More than once I've had to cancel an order since the guest went and got the item and then brought it up before they had a chance to pick it.

Next week I will experiment and wait until 8:01am to put the pick-up orders into hold every morning. And I'll see if that brings down our average pick time from the current 45 minutes.

I know bringing down that time won't change anything but it's been bugging me anyways.

If picking orders from the night before, login with someone else's number so you don't show up on the POT report. Check equipment detail report for numbers.

Hmm, maybe I should start checking the reports for SFS and SPU since I'm pretty much the TM assigned to do it regularly
STL at my store posts all of the metrics involving guests, including those for SPU, on the wall by the Vibe board every week.

SFS report is posted on the board in the backroom with all of the backroom reports, but it doesn't get updated every week.

I would figure that the clock doesn't start timing until 8am, when it assumes there is someone to pick it. If it gets picked earlier, it's probably just recorded as "zero."

This is correct.

We get that at least once a month. More than once I've had to cancel an order since the guest went and got the item and then brought it up before they had a chance to pick it.

Interesting. I have thought of this, but it has not happened at my store yet. Why not just fulfill the order anyways to maintain the score? The guest can just cancel it or just not show up.

Interesting. I have thought of this, but it has not happened at my store yet. Why not just fulfill the order anyways to maintain the score? The guest can just cancel it or just not show up.
Wouldn't you need a PDA and knowledge of how to use myFA in order to do that?

Wouldn't you need a PDA and knowledge of how to use myFA in order to do that?
This. We don't have a PDA up at guest services. And getting someone to come up there with a PDA and hip printer to run it through means the guest would have to wait. And if they were willing to wait, they wouldn't have gone ahead and "picked" the order themselves.

Actually I misread that. And it actually makes sense. The guest can go buy the item themselves but the BRTM is still going to pick the order when it drops in. And then it will just sit in hold for a week or until the guest goes online to cancel it.

Actually I misread that. And it actually makes sense. The guest can go buy the item themselves but the BRTM is still going to pick the order when it drops in. And then it will just sit in hold for a week or until the guest goes online to cancel it.

This. We don't have a PDA up at guest services. And getting someone to come up there with a PDA and hip printer to run it through means the guest would have to wait. And if they were willing to wait, they wouldn't have gone ahead and "picked" the order themselves.

Glad you understood what I was going for. Can I ask you both something? (since you both seem very knowledgeable from my lurking on here)

Does your front end seem to not understand that the BR is not supposed to pull the guest item from the BR until they drop it from the iPad? I was lead to believe (yet to find a answer on this) that this was B.P. Am i wrong in assuming my team should not pull it until they learn to drop in, instead of them just calling the guest name out over the walkie and forcing us to dig through the list of names? This drives me totally up the wall, and I try to hold our GSTL accountable, but nothing comes of it since I am the newest TL.

Just last week somebody showed up at my store looking for an order they placed online. They must have placed it right before they got to the store because it hadn't even dropped in our system yet. The guest was borderline screaming at guest service until our Backroom TL showed him that the order just dropped when they called for it. People gotta relax with this instantaneous gratitude bullshit already.
So the dumb bitch could have walked in the store and get what ever they wanted before it even dropped in? Instead they make a fool out of themselves by thinking they snap a finger and it's in? There was an article on Facebook about the entitled generation of kids/teens. It should have included the adults, too.

Glad you understood what I was going for. Can I ask you both something? (since you both seem very knowledgeable from my lurking on here)

Does your front end seem to not understand that the BR is not supposed to pull the guest item from the BR until they drop it from the iPad? I was lead to believe (yet to find a answer on this) that this was B.P. Am i wrong in assuming my team should not pull it until they learn to drop in, instead of them just calling the guest name out over the walkie and forcing us to dig through the list of names? This drives me totally up the wall, and I try to hold our GSTL accountable, but nothing comes of it since I am the newest TL.
Are you talking about getting the item from the hold location when the guest comes in?

At my store, the hold locs are in a room behind guest services (bulky items go on a flat on the last checklane). So they pull it themselves when the guest comes in.

Are you talking about getting the item from the hold location when the guest comes in?

At my store, the hold locs are in a room behind guest services (bulky items go on a flat on the last checklane). So they pull it themselves when the guest comes in.

Ahhhhhhhhh. We have a 4ft BR section of steel for the large items. Everything else, we have a small cabinet for behind our guest service. It it waco'd, so anything bigger than a 12" waco has to go to the BR LOC. We did use a hold room, but when your GSA's leave and forget to leave the keys to the room, no one could get in the room and they mothballed it.

But yes, it was for getting hold items. I have been trying to convince my STL to allow me to free space up at GS so I can put everything there, but I always get "it would not look brand" in the end.

Most of our stuff is at guest services. Larger stuff stays in the backroom until the guest picks it up. But...we do not officially process the transaction until the guest sees the item. Because if there is a problem, there is no way to do an immediate refund, and headaches ensue.

Wait, who is supposed to pull out of location? Our flex room is behind GS, and I think they just grab the item without scanning out of loc. Probably messes with counts now that I think about it...is BR supposed to come up to pull out of location for the guest as well?

When I ordered online, there's usually a confirmation that the order was fulfilled and ready for pick up. Did the guest not see that?

So the dumb bitch could have walked in the store and get what ever they wanted before it even dropped in? Instead they make a fool out of themselves by thinking they snap a finger and it's in? There was an article on Facebook about the entitled generation of kids/teens. It should have included the adults, too.

Where do you think they learned their crappy attitudes from in the first place?
Anytime people want to winge about how awful children are today I love to quote them Socrates, “The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.”

When I ordered online, there's usually a confirmation that the order was fulfilled and ready for pick up. Did the guest not see that?

The guests don't wait for that. They just submit the order and go. I've had guests come in looking for their order, and then have to explain to them that it was cancelled because we didn't have the product. Then they complain that it was a complete waste of their time, and how they shouldn't be expected to read any follow up emails. Seriously.

Wait, who is supposed to pull out of location? Our flex room is behind GS, and I think they just grab the item without scanning out of loc. Probably messes with counts now that I think about it...is BR supposed to come up to pull out of location for the guest as well?

I was under the impression that when the order is marked as "picked up" on the iPad, the order is deleted from the hold location and the OH counts are adjusted because the items are being purchased (albeit online rather than through the POS).

Did the average pick time go away? I didn't see it on the newest report.

I told the gstm each time they did this at the beginning face to face.once I told them face to face I would then tell em over the walkie about the send to backroom button. Took about a month to get them all on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back