Status
Not open for further replies.
Strengths:

Engages and Inspires Others
Relates Well to Others
Collaborates

Opportunities:

Demonstrates Courage
Manages Execution (the whole balancing act thing)

Demonstrates courage is what i'm currently working on so it can and will change in the future depending on what's going on.

We have the same opportunity... I tend to just keep my mouth shut and do whatever I have to, so that things get done. Thinking this job will definitely teach me how to stand my ground and fight for myself.

Every time there's a performance discussion between my ETL and I - such as quarterly review, TM reviews, annual review, etc. - it ends up in a one hour argument between us about why I don't like how they're running the processes, why I think it should stick to being done the way Target defines that it should, why something they've changed isn't working, etc. It usually gets pretty heated and I never come out on top, since they have to be right 100% of the time, regardless (even if it means something they don't have a response to is simply "that's not important"). Also usually ends with the basic breakdown of "My way or the highway. STFU or GTFO" (in more words than that).

Apparently, this means Demonstrates Courage is my Strength, along with Communicates Effectively. At least, that's what they wrote.

Every time there's a performance discussion between my ETL and I - such as quarterly review, TM reviews, annual review, etc. - it ends up in a one hour argument between us about why I don't like how they're running the processes, why I think it should stick to being done the way Target defines that it should, why something they've changed isn't working, etc. It usually gets pretty heated and I never come out on top, since they have to be right 100% of the time, regardless (even if it means something they don't have a response to is simply "that's not important"). Also usually ends with the basic breakdown of "My way or the highway. STFU or GTFO" (in more words than that).

Apparently, this means Demonstrates Courage is my Strength, along with Communicates Effectively. At least, that's what they wrote.

That's incredibly confusing...

My Opportunity is relating well to Others. I tend to get really frustrated when it comes to seasonal hires and Training them. I feel like if they sign off on the lesson plan and say they understand, then there should not be any question as to why things are not getting done.

I know it sounds bad, but if i continually ask the team member why the browser is zoned incorrectly, and they previously have not once told me they dont remember how to do it. Then why should i be sympathetic.

Nowadays as i am coming to TL interviews, i need to figure a way to answer this without sounding like i hate new co workers. Which is not the case, it just takes me time to lower expectations.

Im thinking of Answering it this way:

One opportunity that i have struggled with in the past is "Relating well to others" as a Trainer in Electronics i feel like i have placed high expectations on new team members. I have accepted the fact that i am going to need to dial my expectations down, and remain positive and help the team member reach the level of understanding that produces results in the area.

Strengths: Drives For Results
Collaborates
Manages Execution

Opportunities:
Communicates Effectively
Related Well to Others

I've been told that I don't really have a problem relating well to others. It's just that sometimes my communication can come off raw because I'm so focused on execution. I'm leveraging huddles with my team to work on communication and I'm engaging with them through performance discussions to show I care about how they are doing. I've also juiced up recognition and relayed them information about how our metrics are doing. They're fl

I lead the overnight flow and back room teams so sometimes they don't feel like they are important because in the past no one has tried to engage them in the business. So I always make sure to inform them about sales, my performance metrics and store goals and progress with those. They've been receptive and I think we are moving in the right direction.

Hey, anybody know if the leadership expectation assement is still avaible on workbench? I haven't been able to find it and my peer TL's say they got rid of it?

Strength: Demonstrates Courage & Manages talent & engage and inspire
Opp: Strategize

So they made me a SR tlead and put me over Price:) aaarrggghhh

Being a Sr. TL overseeing Pricing is not an easy thing, especially when you have to LOD. Good luck, and if you have any questions regarding pricing, feel free to ask.

str
comm effectivly
manage execution

opp
manage talent

actually relates well to others might be more of an opp than manage talent.. i do manage talent just for my own team I tend o ignore like the flow team because when I would coach a tm for lets say.. wearing their ipod or something the tl would say "its fine you can do it just dont get caught by her again"
So i told her i wash my hands of her team.

Strengths
Manages Execution
Resilient and Adaptable

Opportunities
Engages and Inspires Others
Communicates Effectively

Not really sure if Engages and Inspires Others is my opportunity or if my fellow TMs are just super lazy. Most of my examples of my Strengths and Ops are based around my work center, not in the global setting. Should my power stories reflect my Strengths and Ops?

Hey everyone im Having trouble spinning off my Opportunity not to sure what to say any help??? My OP is Demonstrates Courage

thanks

Hey everyone im Having trouble spinning off my Opportunity not to sure what to say any help??? My OP is Demonstrates Courage

thanks

There really isn't "spinning off" an opportunity... When they ask you what your opportunity is, you simply say it is demonstrates courage because... it is really that simple, and then during your interviews a situation should explain how you have been working on leveraging demonstrates courage to accomplish a goal!

Strength:
Manages Execution
Maximizes Productivity

Opportunity:
Collaborates

Strengths:
Manages Talent
Demonstrates Courage

Opp:
Manages Execution but changing after this quarter :)

Strength: Resilient and adaptable
Drives for results

Opportunity: Communicates effectively

Strengths: Manage and Execution
Drives for results

Opportunity: Communicate effectively which is BS because nobody seems to want to listen to what I have to say LOL.

Strengths: Manage and Execution
Drives for results

Opportunity: Communicate effectively which is BS because nobody seems to want to listen to what I have to say LOL.

I'm with you. Mine has been communicates effectively for awhile. I was surprised at first because I communicate ALot but if no one listens its not "effective". I've yet to figure out how to "effectively" tell people to use common sense and just do your job.

Strengths:
Manages Execution
Collaborates

Opportunity:
Manages Talent

I'm going to be working with my ETL to minimize my opportunity to develop my team and help my area(s) run smoother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back