Archived Stressed (Do I leave or not)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long story short, I am Plano TL. I have been since March. Right away, I wanted to make changes for the better (Make sure sales plans were done by sales floor, backroom helped with pulls and backstock). These changes were ones that should of been done wayyy long ago.

This brings me to today. Nothing has been changed despite my fighting for it. It bogs my team down when we have to do all this extra stuff! Don't get me wrong, I am not a grump at work, I am always hardworking, but I am very frustrated.

I have talked to every leader possible about it, and nothing is changing. I also feel that my leader support has gone down the drain. In the last few months, my team has noticed how nobody will ever check in on us anymore, that all we get is just the negative feeback.

I even asked for more positive reinforcement, and my ETL said no not until plano is perfect...

I am tired of this constant fighting, and honestly my team and I are getting the short end of the stick. I am honestly looking for other jobs, but I do not want to feel as if I am giving up, as I know they would not let me transfer work centers..

Any helpful advice would be lovely! I want something different..waking up to be at work at 4am is starting to take it's toll!

The best advice I can give is the one you don't want to hear: move on. We have gone through 3 PPL TLs in less than 2 years. With the workload and cut in hours in all departments the Plano Team just can't get out of the red. There are very few things more frustrating than wanting to improve your work center but not getting the support of store management. Leaving for another job isn't giving up, it is going to work at a company who may value your talents and dedication more than Target does. Good luck!

The answer to "should I leave Target" is pretty much always "Yes."

It's not giving up, it's stepping away from the brick wall you've been slamming your head against for several months.

LOL. I like that. I'll remember that when I leave.

Damn... I'm glad I work in FA.

You want Backroom to pull and backstock your stuff? So you're adding more workload for the Backroom because you can't get your shit done?

Target's best practice states that it is the backroom responsibility. I'm not taking sides. That is what it states. Make your case to the ETL.

As far as the OP asked, get a new job and leave. Or roll with it. It's a new Target.

Somewhat unsure of what you mean by the backroom team isn't helping with pulls or back stock.

Do you mean that they aren't back stocking what you bring back or pulling what the store needs?

Or do you mean they aren't helping you push the pulls? (Side note: I always found it humorous that at Target they expect you to "push" a "pull", so typical lol)

If you are expecting the backroom team to assist you in pushing, that is simply not feasible. While all departments are expected to work together for the common cause, namely larger profits for share holders, the workload for the backroom team is often immense and in most cases they are the last ones to go home because of that.

I wouldn't recommend quitting, especially if you need the money which I'm guessing you do. Perhaps try a different department? Also try to understand that management is often powerless to effect change at store level. Corporate dictates a strict policy and when regional or district managers come walking through, they expect to find things a certain corporate approved way.

You want Backroom to pull and backstock your stuff? So you're adding more workload for the Backroom because you can't get your shit done?

Cause a lot of stores do it that way.. We have always had backroom pull/backstock since you don't want half of them in the backroom..

OP if you don't have an ETL in your corner to help fight for what you need, you are fucked.. Find a way out..

Somewhat unsure of what you mean by the backroom team isn't helping with pulls or back stock.

Do you mean that they aren't back stocking what you bring back or pulling what the store needs?

Yes. As @unknown mentioned above, best practice states that the backroom team is responsible for pulling all POG fills and completing all plano backstock. The hours allocated to plano are largely based on the adjacency calendar; however, the backroom team does not see an increase in hours to compensate for a heavier workload of POG fills and plano backstock.

HQ says that the hours for pulling and backstocking are allocated to backroom, not plano, but we all know that's a load of shit. Neither team gets the hours.

Would you prefer to have the plano team get in your way and create a bunch of errors? That's what happens at my store (and surely others).

Plano should be pulling their own pulls. The backroom team has to deal with all the backstock. There is no way in hell that we have time to pull their pulls as well. We ( backroom) aren't even scheduled enough hours to get our every day normal tasks done. Then you throw into the mix the bs from a major reset it causes lots of chaos and stress. However, we ( backroom ) somehow manage to get all the bs done. We just don't have the time or resources to do the pulls as well. IMO plano tl is like a flow tl. NO MATTER what the tl does its never good enough. If they are truly trying to do a good job and be a great leader then its never good enough. There is a running joke at my store that if they want to drive a tl out the door they will either give them flow or plano.

Yes. As @unknown mentioned above, best practice states that the backroom team is responsible for pulling all POG fills and completing all plano backstock. The hours allocated to plano are largely based on the adjacency calendar; however, the backroom team does not see an increase in hours to compensate for a heavier workload of POG fills and plano backstock.

HQ says that the hours for pulling and backstocking are allocated to backroom, not plano, but we all know that's a load of shit. Neither team gets the hours.

Would you prefer to have the plano team get in your way and create a bunch of errors? That's what happens at my store (and surely others).
Plano team should know how to pull and how to pull correctly. That is part of their job. Throwing the excuse around oh no the plano team cant pull cause they may make errors...is an excuse. They also should be trained on how to send BS back to the backroom. Ie rubber band small items etc

Hire on somebody who can pull fast. Salesplanners are usually small, if a set of sales planners are due to be set atbthe same time a large transition plano is to cover, throw in that little extra work and get a few end caps knocked out and encourage your team, reward them. Its a tough job, honestly the toughest one ive ever witnessed and it can be stressful to all hell. Gradually work your team up to speed, work on and honor their achievements for the work they do, they are literally your backbone. You are the leader, lead their mentality and most of all teach them how to be great at what they do for a living. Sorry ranting

Plano team should know how to pull and how to pull correctly. That is part of their job. Throwing the excuse around oh no the plano team cant pull cause they may make errors...is an excuse. They also should be trained on how to send BS back to the backroom. Ie rubber band small items etc

They are fully trained, but they don't care. If they were actual backroom TMs, they would've been performanced out by now. And certain leaders don't care enough to do anything about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back