Archived "Superstore"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first 3 episodes are available to stream. It starts Jan 4th. It's hilarious if you work retail. See if you can catch the reference to "DCPI" in the first episode.

The first episode was pretty cool, I'm looking forward to watching the rest.

At first I thought the show was so dumb. The characters were all pretty annoying. But then I rewatched with my mom, and it was kinda funny. The problem is that I'm like, "that wouldn't happen", " that's why they would all have walkies", "that would NEVER happen!!!!!!". Lol But if you look past the inaccurate crap, some stuff is on point and pretty funny.

At first I thought the show was so dumb. The characters were all pretty annoying. But then I rewatched with my mom, and it was kinda funny. The problem is that I'm like, "that wouldn't happen", " that's why they would all have walkies", "that would NEVER happen!!!!!!". Lol But if you look past the inaccurate crap, some stuff is on point and pretty funny.
Its what everyone that's never worked retail thinks working retail is like!

This show was dead on in my opinion. In fact, it was like the writers secretly came into my store for a few weeks and observed the team here to get their stereotypes. Every character on Superstore is a real life team member where I work. From the bumble headed managers to the little old lady stocker. Myself and another TL discussed writing our own show a few years ago but we figured no one would believe our characters were remotely real.
Quick example: We got this flow guy I nick named O.G. (some white dude that was adopted and raised by blacks) who came into the break room while I and 3 other team members where heating up our lunches. O.G. walks in and says, "Yo boyz, it's off the hook in here!" We just looked at him like ok... Well one guy we call Jr. was telling us how he had to fix a faucet at home and that he looked up faucet repairs online. O.G. was meandering around the breakroom and was passing by Jr. as Jr. said, "I was reading online..." and thats when O.G. got in his face and said, "you ain't read shit dog" and then O.G. just walked straight out of the breakroom. I have so many stories its crazy. So yeah, Superstore pretty much nailed it for me.

Good show, I feel it's a little more Wal-Mart than Target but many things still apply.
Yeah having worked there before I can definitely say it's more similar to Walmart than target with the blue uniforms & warehouse look of the store and how the employees act lol

Yeah having worked there before I can definitely say it's more similar to Walmart than target with the blue uniforms & warehouse look of the store and how the employees act lol

Especially the employee with the Loser boyfriend who comes to the store to hang out too much. Although that happened at my old Target store.

Especially the employee with the Loser boyfriend who comes to the store to hang out too much. Although that happened at my old Target store.

Funny, we have that with one of the Target Mobile people

Quotes that really resonated with me

1. (After a guest knocks over a bunch of identical paper towels just to get to a random one in the middle)

"You're right, we keep the best rolls in the middle of the stack."

2. "I feel useless walking around looking for things."

"Pick up a box so it looks like you're working"

3. "Show up on time, stay on your bosses good side and don't steal"

That's so true for Target.

I love that show lol but I do agree I think of Walmart more than Target haha

"Can you make me look like that?,
Oh the black woman? I'm not a witch."

I died.

I'm quite excited for the new season! My sister actually worked for WM so she is entertained by how much the store looks like a WM.

I just saw the second episode of season 2 today on Hulu. Pretty funny. They make references to Target with the whole transgender bathroom thing and even one of the characters says he'll be shopping at Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back