Archived Suspicious Activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kick Shot

I fear no shot in pool!
Psssst, if you see what you believe to be suspicious activity, involving a team member, report it AP. You could be rewarded with a $100 target gift card, and $100 in cash from the AP..?
(Information passed on during a recent huddle.)
Rats amongst us,,, ?

This is what the hotline was originally created for. To report dishonest co workers. It sorta spun off from there to include other things.

$100 gift card (not cash) goes to whoever gives credible tips leading to a internal case that gets closed.

Some nice guys have been snitches.

Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock was a snitch

MOV_26d5605c_b.jpg

Damn now I'm going to be watching all my TM's for "suspicious activity". Like if I so much as see someone steal a piece of gum I'm getting me $100 gift card.

Without going into details I brought down a few theft rings throughout the years at my store and have been compensated nicely. One was costing us tens of thousands a year and a few team members went to jail. For some reason people talk to me and I'm not gonna lose my job over stupidity. Besides, free money is good money.

I have mixed thoughts about this. On one hand, the old adage "mind your own business" comes to mind. But since it is business, not sure if it applies.

Myself, I'm there to provide guest, set pogs/revisions, and do signing. Not police other employees or tell on them.

Oooh, is there a reward for turning in employees or management for looking the other way when there are HR violations?

I've got a PMT who leaves to get lunch then clocks out for lunch when he gets back. The etl looks the other way cause he picks up his lunch too.

if it is a cause of someone breaking the law id absolutely would turn them in, but if it is a case of morality I would just mind my own business.

I have mixed thoughts about this. On one hand, the old adage "mind your own business" comes to mind. But since it is business, not sure if it applies.

Myself, I'm there to provide guest, set pogs/revisions, and do signing. Not police other employees or tell on them.

Oooh, is there a reward for turning in employees or management for looking the other way when there are HR violations?

I've got a PMT who leaves to get lunch then clocks out for lunch when he gets back. The etl looks the other way cause he picks up his lunch too.

The PMT is on a different payroll budget - don't worry.

But for your store look at it this way, that stolen property is making your raises even smaller..

I caught a TM who pushed out about $200 worth of merchandise in a cart. I found the cart outside...my suspicions that it was that TM was 100% confirmed by AP when the TM was led out in handcuffs a couple of months later.

I would have a hard time putting much faith in someone who would find obvious pushed out merchandise by a TM and wouldn't say anything to an LOD or AP.

If there really is a 100 dollar gift card I am sure all the narks will tattle all they need to try to get it!

The PMT is on a different payroll budget - don't worry.

But for your store look at it this way, that stolen property is making your raises even smaller..

He's on Target's payroll. He's totally breaking the rules. Unless I'm wrong, you aren't supposed to be driving on the clock unless on store business. What if he's in an accident? That's why you aren't supposed to go off property on break.

I have no statistics, and I'd wager you don't either, but I doubt our store theft affects my raise.

Wrong is wrong. I can't be expected to worry about one and not the other. Especially when one is sitting across from me in the break room eating Chipotle.

How is it an HR violation to sell a guest a gift card, pocket it, and slip the guest a blank gift card?
Theft from a guest and theft from Target are two different things.

In either instance the gift card should have still been awarded in my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong.

Psssst, if you see what you believe to be suspicious activity, involving a team member, report it AP. You could be rewarded with a $100 target gift card, and $100 in cash from the AP..?
(Information passed on during a recent huddle.)
Rats amongst us,,, ?

Reduced AP budget and removal of ETL-AP from a lot of stores. Just like everything else, the tasks are trickling down to team members.

How is it an HR violation to sell a guest a gift card, pocket it, and slip the guest a blank gift card?

I'm glad you asked! When a guest buys product that triggers a gift card, it is not theft from Target if the cashier keeps the gift card for themself. It is theft of the guest, but Target does not lose money in this situation.

Now. If the team member pockets, let's say a $5 gift card,but goes ahead and applies a $5 coupon on the transaction so the guest essentially gets the gift card.. then THAT is considered theft from Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back