Archived Switching Workcenters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

antivibe

Salesfloor TL
I know that leaders are supposed to be in role for 18 months, at least in my district. We've lost 6+ TLs in the past year, but all of them have been filled with promoted TMs from the district. We haven't shuffled people around much, except to fill a couple of logistics positions. I was asked to switch to Flow about 6 months ago, but I said no and I kind of regret it now.

I've been in Softlines for almost 12 months now and I am honestly bored out of my mind. It was challenging at first and difficult to get used to, but now it's meh. Have any of you asked to transfer to a different department? How did that conversation go?

I've also come to realize that my Target spirit has died and maybe it's time to start searching elsewhere, anyone here a former TL? Where are you now?

Talk to your etl or hr. On your job search, update that resume with that tl stuff. Walmart or lowes seems to be the best option now.

I'm about to move back into a sales floor role and I'm afraid I'll feel like you do now (bored).

I'll be watching this thread to see where people are headed..

I honestly would HATE working at a Walmart. No offense to those who love it. The ones that I have been to are dreadful and dirty, I don't feel like that's an upgrade from Target.

I've found it depends on the area.
I've been in some Targhettos that had me washing my hands when I left.
Then there are some Walmarts that......aren't quite as bad.

I'm a former Logistics Key Carrier TL, before that I was the Price Accuracy TL, and before that I was the Softlines TL. I have been gone from Target for almost a year and I am currently working logistics for L'Oréal USA Luxury Products. It is a breath of fresh air and a great deal less stress than working for the Bullseye. If you feel that your spirit has died, then get put because you will just become more and more miserable. The Kool-Aid drinkers at Target will try to make you believe that there is nothing beyond Target, but for me, life and especially health (mental and physical) couldn't be better.

Talk to your etl or hr. On your job search, update that resume with that tl stuff. Walmart or lowes seems to be the best option now.
Writing my Self-Review gave me some ideas for my resume, so I will definitely update it!
As for switching workcenters, I don't think it will be possible. The majority of our TLs have been in role for less than a year :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back