Archived Take Charge of Education Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatcashierdude

Former Service Desk Ninja
Anyone heard about this? Apparently it's ending May 2016.

A quote from the email I got: "Target will continue to support education through other programs, and will also expand our giving to include more connections to wellness."

Yeah, old stuff, but I didn't hear about any of it through my chain of command; I was just poking around on Redwire and it was like "hey, we're not doing this, don't have the cashiers tell people we're doing this" which.... honestly used to do a lot of good, dammit. You get the moms with their young kids in there and bring it up and hot damn, redcard seller. I guess they're just being even more public about it? I still wonder how many of my higher-ups are aware of this...

Huh, I did a search and didn't find the old thread. Looks like it's gone public now, so I guess that's worth knowing.

spot did a press release on sept 14 about it.
From the red card thread.

With TCOE dropping off the benefits, the challenge to obtain them will be tougher.

1. RhettB, Sep 20, 2015

Last edited:
Yeah, I think it sucks. It was a great way to get moms and teachers to sign up for a red card. And now that they're offering free shipping to everybody, who needs a red card?? Seriously, they're killing every selling point of the card and upping our goals. Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back