Archived Target Cafe Spring Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you truly upsell FA? No one comes to Target for FA. Its really a pacifier for parents and a cheap lunch for TMs.

FAs are such a small part of daily sales. That it's really about guest convenience.

You can upsell at Sbux sure but it's a totally different clientele
When I was in FA, and I saw them grabbing a pizza and breadsticks, I'd always ask if they wanted a soda for .10 more. Worked majority of the time. Our FA has been picking up since the beginning of this year. One of the Top 10 in the District this month.

New menu looks interesting. We've had caramel for a while and guests love it. It's okay if you want to break your teeth on rock hard glazed kernels.

I personally thought getting rid of the grills and high traffic foods years ago was a bad idea. The Café transition did do some good things by limiting the number of items and prep time.

Keep what was selling and keep it simple...icees, burgers, pizzas, hot dogs, popcorn, pretzels, sandwiches. Maybe some breakfast items. Or switch from oil fryers to Flash Cookers.

But when you prep stuff and it never sells or presentation took too much time, sales hindered.
Mozz sticks were good. But you had to babysit them.
Salads hardly sold.
Octopus HotDog&Mac - That idea maker should die
Cinnabon Pretzels. Good but you couldn't keep them without breaking.

I heard my former store's FA got remodeled into a Starbucks. Though there is a Starbucks across the street and a Barnes and Noble setup a mile away.

Our cafe went a long way in getting rid of items that required too much prep: yogurt parfaits, assembled salads, soups, etc.
But I DO miss baking the cookies & I used to have a line of TMs waiting for them to come out of the oven because you could smell them across the store.

Our transition has been a nightmare. Still waiting on popcorn divider so cant make caramel popcorn, dont have a few other things either for it. I am glad to be rid of jamba juice smoothies but the minute maid ones arent much better.

Also the pizza hut hold time increases to me are dumb. The pasta in particular wasnt a big seller at my cafe to begin with and now it seems by increasing the hold time to 60 minutes it sells even less.

The grilled cheese is quite tasty, but don't let it get cold.

When where we supposed to get the new signing? All I got was the happy hour drink one. I'm still waiting for my divider as well , I'm over here sitting on 8 bags of popcorn still.

We just finally switched over to the new popcorn today but we havent gotten the divider yet so no caramel popcorn. Also we got the new take home bags (clear) autoshipped but no twist ties.

The new signs came a few weeks ago including the happy hour and a new free fruit sifn. We put them all up except for the popcorn one because we are still waiting on this divider.

We had issues with getting the minute maid smoothie mix in too.

We haven't been able to order our bags of popcorn any more (one bag left :eek:) but they sent us these little packets with kernels in one half & a butter oil in the other; we tried one to sample & it was awful.
Please tell me that's not what we're getting.

We haven't been able to order our bags of popcorn any more (one bag left :eek:) but they sent us these little packets with kernels in one half & a butter oil in the other; we tried one to sample & it was awful.

From what I read in the transition guide that's the new replacement. I haven't tried it yet but now that u mention since you can't order popcorn bags does that mean we can't order the butter!? When they pushed us the popcorn bags they pushed us one of the boxes kind and one of the big barrel kind. I had the receiver donate the barrel since it's for old machines.

Are they the smallish bags that are called "mushroom popcorn" or something like that? That's what is on the order guide. I think the bag is half see through and then has blue on it? Someone ordered like 5 cases and the receiver put it "as-is" and shoved it on a clearance endcap. I need to reread the transition guide. o_O

Are they the smallish bags that are called "mushroom popcorn" or something like that? That's what is on the order guide. I think the bag is half see through and then has blue on it? Someone ordered like 5 cases and the receiver put it "as-is" and shoved it on a clearance endcap. I need to reread the transition guide. o_O

Those packets are the new program. Apparently, your receiver didnt scan the barcode on the box. Had they done so, they would have seen that it is tied to Food Avenue.

Those packets are the new program. Apparently, your receiver didnt scan the barcode on the box. Had they done so, they would have seen that it is tied to Food Avenue.

Not super surprising unfortunately...

The caramel popcorn is really really good. We all tried some at huddle today.

We've had the caramel corn or whatever for a while and I haven't tried it because it smells awful to me. And I typically like that stuff so it's really sad. I don't know how hot sugar and popcorn can smell so gross. Anyone else think it smells weird?

According to some notes our TL got, the 'mushroom' was to be used for the caramel corn only (which we didn't get the glaze).
All I know was it was terrible.
We got the new smoothie mix from Minute Maid & fired those up; those are pretty good.
We also got some frozen bricks of chili? And some shredded cheese. But no instructions.
Spot, yer killin' us here.

Anyone got word pretzels, chicken tenders and pizza have been discontinued? I called McClain today and they just told me, was wondering why I wasn't getting any...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back