Target Circle

The screenshot says entering the phone number allows for the gift card earnings to be used. So what keeps Jane from using Bob's number and use his earnings?

guarantee you they dont
My store is a super target in a pretty rich city. Idk if that might have anything to do with it. But for me, after a 7 hour shift the number of people who use a card other than a redcard can be counted on my fingers. Maybe max 20. But the point is a lot of people already have a redcard. Minimum 50 % of customers

Are you an advocate? On your next shift, you should keep a little tally. A piece of paper - RC - non RC - cash. It would be interesting.
I thought I saw this sort of data in MPM once. Maybe not a breakdown of each possible payment type, but at least a data point showing what percentage of transactions were paid with RC.

Most of the time when it's really busy, I do a price inquiry for the first item I'm going to scan, and then K1 to sell the item, to get rid of the pin pad prompt. Then scan the rest of the items as normal. If any guests ask about the prompt not being there, I just let them know they can add the receipt afterwards.

I tried this out on Friday - went into my app, selected I'd like to use my however many cents toward my next purchase, and then had a cashier ring me up for some gum and put my phone number in (instead of scanning Wallet). It took off the cents I had saved. It did not do my TM discount as well, someone was saying it did that, it's only for Circle stuff. Theoretically for guests using Circle on their PCs at home, someone could enter their phone number and apply that to their own purchase between the guest marking it and getting to the store and using it, but that seems unlikely...

Could those of you at Target stores close to Canada - i.e. Buffalo, Detroit, Bellingham - advise if Canadians are successfully setting up Target Circle? The Target App is unavailable for Canadian smartphones. However, it appears that we can sign up Canadian guests with their Canadian smartphone numbers for Circle. But when our Canadian guest clicks the text-message Circle verification link, does the system allow them to complete the Target online account profile to fully activate their Circle dashboard and Circle offers? If they can set up the online profile, at minimum they can access Circle via the web, select Circle offers, and bring a printed bar code for their Circle account and/or input their smartphone number.

Seattle-area Target stores do receive some Canadian guests, and I imagine our TMs at stores closer to Canada would be knowledgeable on this topic. Any help you can provide would be appreciated! 💲

As an Advocate in the Seattle area, I notice that well over one-fourth of all transactions - maybe higher - involve a travel rewards card. Alaska Air is headquartered locally, and the Alaska Air card seems to be the most common card used by guests in our store. Along with airline rewards cards for United, Delta, and so forth, those guests are absolutely married to those cards.

When I discuss the Redcard with airline rewards card guests, they almost always say they prefer their airline miles and trips. I just say "thank you" and drop the subject. In the past I've tried to convince these guests to try the Redcard, but the airline card users will just talk your ear off about various exotic vacations and trips. Airline card users tend to make rather large purchases, so it's better to just smile and focus on a great guest experience at that point.

My educated guess about payment types I'm seeing in our very busy store:
25% - Visa/Amex/Mastercard travel rewards cards for Alaska Air, United, Delta etc
25% - debit cards from various banks - Visa/Mastercard (Bank of America, BECU, Wells Fargo are the most common)
15% - other Visa/Amex/Mastercard/Discover credit cards and "gift cards"
15% - Redcard - a big increase over a couple of years ago.
10% - cash
10% - Target gift cards

So for us, Circle is a lure for the approximately 85% in our local region who don't use Redcards. Get them accustomed to Circle and possibly we can up-sell them to Redcards. Our store has done a fabulous job of increasing Redcard usage, and Seattle area Target guests perhaps are more frequent fliers than those living in the Midwest, Rocky Mountains, or South.

Finally, we have very few payments via paper checks.

My store is a super target in a pretty rich city. Idk if that might have anything to do with it. But for me, after a 7 hour shift the number of people who use a card other than a redcard can be counted on my fingers. Maybe max 20. But the point is a lot of people already have a redcard. Minimum 50 % of customers
You're definitely in a different area of the country than the Seattle area. Airline reward cards - Visa, Amex, Mastercard - by far are the #1 payment type in our store, probably 30% or more of all guests. They tend to spend more than other guests as well. Our team has worked really hard to bump redcards up to around 15% of guests, quite an accomplishment given our area is HQ to Amazon, Alaska Air, Costco, Nordstrom, Starbucks and other firms which issue their own rewards cards. Since those companies are HQ'd here and have a huge local employee base, plus people here probably fly more often than in other parts of America, it's hard for the target redcard to compete.

You're definitely in a different area of the country than the Seattle area. Airline reward cards - Visa, Amex, Mastercard - by far are the #1 payment type in our store, probably 30% or more of all guests. They tend to spend more than other guests as well. Our team has worked really hard to bump redcards up to around 15% of guests, quite an accomplishment given our area is HQ to Amazon, Alaska Air, Costco, Nordstrom, Starbucks and other firms which issue their own rewards cards. Since those companies are HQ'd here and have a huge local employee base, plus people here probably fly more often than in other parts of America, it's hard for the target redcard to compete.
My area is HQ to target

Does anyone know how or if guests can get Circle savings if they forgot to scan their barcode in the app or enter their phone number? I thought there was a way for guests to scan their receipt after making a purchase after the fact to get their savings but I haven't found any information on that. Please let me know if I've been misinformed or if guests really can save after-the-fact.

Does anyone know how or if guests can get Circle savings if they forgot to scan their barcode in the app or enter their phone number? I thought there was a way for guests to scan their receipt after making a purchase after the fact to get their savings but I haven't found any information on that. Please let me know if I've been misinformed or if guests really can save after-the-fact.
I think they can earn their 1% if not using a redcard but they wouldn't retroactively get any loaded discounts or coupons.

Noticed today for online orders you get a vote for every shipment, rather than every order. So if an order is broken up in multiple shipments, you get multiple votes. Not sure if this is a bug, probably lazy development.

Back