Archived Target (CurbSide)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walmart by me does Walmart To Go curbside pickup and delivery. The pickup works well, they have a number you call and they bring your purchases out to your car. As far as I can tell, all the picking of the order is done by Walmart employees. The delivery driving side of things was contracted out but Walmart took it over with their own people now.

Isn't that how all pilot programs start out? If it goes well, they will apply the "it will work this well everywhere" method of thinking and start rolling it out to most stores without really thinking it through.

More like, if it doesn't go well, then they will apply it everywhere.

I think what they are trying to do with this is catch the people who wouldn't have come in at all because they have a car full of screaming kids or have to be some where in a screeching hurry.
Better to snag that bagful of sales than none at all.
Target pretzel logic. Throw spaghetti of untried or unwieldy ideas at stores and see if they stick. I work grocery can you tell?

Don't see how my post was off-topic...

I don't think this would work in a lot of places. My SuperT is located in the heart of a big, very busy shopping center. The traffic that comes through there is crazy, and I have no idea how we don't have daily accidents with the way these psychopaths drive through those four way stops. If they set this up, they'd have to do it smack in front of the store, instead if say, on the corner of the building, seeing as we are surrounded on all sides by other stores.

Then mass clusterfuckmania would ensue as guests drove up to the tent that is clearly labeled Curbside Pickup and they would ask, "Where is Curbside Pickup?"
You would say, "Right here, (sir/madam!)" And then the guest would yell at you for not having a sign that said Curbside pickup. Because a giant tent labeled Curbside Pickup just isn't good enough.

Then, once the you pulled up said guest's order for your entire stock of Charmin toilet paper (but it comes with a GIFT CARD...oOoOo), she'll huff about how she could have gone inside and got it herself by now. Then she'll shove a wad of coupons in your face.

"I'm sorry maam, we cant apply the coupons after youve placed your order." Yeah, it's too fuckin late for all that shit.

Then, as several of your team members are wheeling out her 3 flats of toilet paper, she'll scream at you, above all of the honking cars behind her, "WELL, CAN I AT LEAST GET A GIFT RECEIPT?!"

Nah, you can't fucking have that either.

"Well, ma'am I'm sorry, but-"

And then, you hear a loud screech. This time, it's not from the guest. You look up to see soccer mom vans plowing into one another, from all directions...Curbside Pickup has really caused a clusterfuck traffic jam here. Somebody plows into your guest, and she mows right over your Curbside pickup tent...and you. As you lay there dying, you hear a voice.

"Is this Curbside pickup?"

With your last breath, you answer, "Yes."

"You guys should really have a sign."

And that's pretty much how its gonna go.

If only I had discovered this thread sooner. Fucking beautiful.

I find this very interesting. The same arguments against curbside are the ones that are against flexible fulfillment (impulse shopping). However, as times change our competitors will have services similar to these, so the options are not to shop yourself at Target and fall victim to impulse shopping or curbside pickup, its curbside pickup at Walmart or doing it yourself at Target (and we will lose the sales in that scenario).

Honestly, In the next two decades I have a feeling Target's total square footage of shopping space in stores will need to reduce. They will require more stockroom space to be the fulfillment centers for our mobile presence (Ship from Store, Flexible Fulfillment, Curbside Pickup etc) more and one stop shopping destinations less. Not a major reduction to floor space, but I am concerned that many of our stores were designed with stockrooms just large enough to drive the sales the stores are doing within its walls only. It will continue to be a hurdle to maintain instocks because of this limited space and fueling online sales now as well.

I have the smallest stockroom in my group. Seriously tiny for an A volume store. We suffer instocks issues already and we don't do ship from store. We literally have product stacked to the ceiling in receiving and product all the way to the top shelves in every light duty aisle. We only have 22 aisles for light duty to begin with, and half of those only go to J.

My store used to be a much higher volume than it is now. We have so much empty space in our stockrooms, it's a little ridiculous. But I'm pretty sure ship from store will take care of all that lol.

Last edited:
CURBSIDE OFFICIALLY STARTED AT MY STORE!

So all gstls / gsas have to be trained
And some selected TMs

so far it's ok. it's in trial mode now

We just switched over from having curbside implementing it, to our store take over. As of right now gstl/gsa carries the curbside enabled my device. In the 2 weeks it has crashed over 10 tines and the first enabled device doesn't work, so they had to upload it to a regular mydevice, now taking it out of the already demonized rotation. It is a lot of steps with a lot of mistakes so far. I'm curious to see the sales figures on it.

Looks like my store is going to begin rolling this out and I was selected for it. TMs that have been doing this already, what should I expect?

I don't think this would work in a lot of places. My SuperT is located in the heart of a big, very busy shopping center. The traffic that comes through there is crazy, and I have no idea how we don't have daily accidents with the way these psychopaths drive through those four way stops. If they set this up, they'd have to do it smack in front of the store, instead if say, on the corner of the building, seeing as we are surrounded on all sides by other stores.

Then mass clusterfuckmania would ensue as guests drove up to the tent that is clearly labeled Curbside Pickup and they would ask, "Where is Curbside Pickup?"
You would say, "Right here, (sir/madam!)" And then the guest would yell at you for not having a sign that said Curbside pickup. Because a giant tent labeled Curbside Pickup just isn't good enough.

Then, once the you pulled up said guest's order for your entire stock of Charmin toilet paper (but it comes with a GIFT CARD...oOoOo), she'll huff about how she could have gone inside and got it herself by now. Then she'll shove a wad of coupons in your face.

"I'm sorry maam, we cant apply the coupons after youve placed your order." Yeah, it's too fuckin late for all that shit.

Then, as several of your team members are wheeling out her 3 flats of toilet paper, she'll scream at you, above all of the honking cars behind her, "WELL, CAN I AT LEAST GET A GIFT RECEIPT?!"

Nah, you can't fucking have that either.

"Well, ma'am I'm sorry, but-"

And then, you hear a loud screech. This time, it's not from the guest. You look up to see soccer mom vans plowing into one another, from all directions...Curbside Pickup has really caused a clusterfuck traffic jam here. Somebody plows into your guest, and she mows right over your Curbside pickup tent...and you. As you lay there dying, you hear a voice.

"Is this Curbside pickup?"

With your last breath, you answer, "Yes."

"You guys should really have a sign."

And that's pretty much how its gonna go.

That was morbid but it made me laugh and then sad because that would be reality.

It seems my thread on Curbside was deleted, whatever.

How's this process going to for others? Think our first order was a pack of Bounty paper towel rolls. Praise the lazy shopping. Just in time for Winter.

It seems my thread on Curbside was deleted, whatever.

How's this process going to for others? Think our first order was a pack of Bounty paper towel rolls. Praise the lazy shopping. Just in time for Winter.

we have been having issues with it. the other day the curbside device kept saying there was an order. they would call backroom. we check and nothing in the gun. this was repeated 20 times -_-

So curbside isn't actually curbside at my store. I haven't driven in ten years so I could be wrong but I feel like if you're lazy enough for this, you don't wanna put in the effort to park.

Also I'm probably gonna use this one time and just stand in the spot because $10 off of $20 is a great deal.

So my Target Mobile guy today was talking about this. He made it seem they would be the ones doing it but we'll see.

Can I get updates from anyone who is doing curbside/drive up at their store?

Updates related to what? My store has been running it as a pilot since before I started last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back