Target Lawsuit

Plus they’ve been “cutting hours” for my entire 12 years at Target. This isn’t something that just started.
Well I know that but I’m talking about the shit going on in the past month, My work has gotten business yet hours stay cut and the workload is insane with truck and how much has to be stocked. This makes no sense. It’s either corporate and management greed or it’s because of this lawsuit having a effect.

Well I know that but I’m talking about the shit going on in the past month, My work has gotten business yet hours stay cut and the workload is insane with truck and how much has to be stocked. This makes no sense. It’s either corporate and management greed or it’s because of this lawsuit having a effect.
I asked corporate for more hours in April and they gave us about 2k extra hours after they had already decided what to give us. They didn't even question me, I just asked for it and they gave it. I don't think this lawsuit means much to Target.

This lawsuit is the reason a few months ago every store had to audit every price tag in the store.

While $5 million seems like alot, it is pocket change to target.
Not true, this was a lawsuit from years ago that target finally settled. The label maintenance was from a store in Massachusetts that Got fined a bunch of money

Not true, this was a lawsuit from years ago that target finally settled. The label maintenance was from a store in Massachusetts that Got fined a bunch of money
The article is from yesterday. So yes it was recently settled and had everything to do with the audit.

Even though they got fined $5 million for it, they likely made more from geofencing prices, and this lawsuit was mostly California. The hour cuts have to for something else like Target trying to hit a certain stock price or recoup money they've lost from vendors increasing prices or international shipping companies jacking up prices

cheaper than a lawsuit. Plus if Kohls can do it we can too.

With that said I don't see target doing this. eLabels just looks so bad lol. The only exception I can see this working at is in Electronics for the TVs
Little do most people know the Electronic Shelf Labels (ESL) Market is booming worldwide, and it's only growing. It's true for Target to do this for all its stores it's going to cost a pretty penny. That pretty penny is getting cheaper by the year and the way Target likes to do things is roll things out slowly so I don't see why they can't try.

I agree the ESLs at Kohls's do look bad but forget the aesthetics, you know how much time and money is saved from having those? You're right though Target is really brand about things and those Kohl's ESL will never see light in Target, BUT since the market is booming there are a bunch of other companies making ESL' that look so much better than Kohls. Some look like actual paper still while others add colors and images.

ESL-red-dot.jpg

I'm going to guess it's corporate and management greed. These people are ruthless when it comes to spending as little as possible on payroll. Then management would turn around and beg team members to extend due to call-outs. It's ridiculous and absurd.

Little do most people know the Electronic Shelf Labels (ESL) Market is booming worldwide, and it's only growing. It's true for Target to do this for all its stores it's going to cost a pretty penny. That pretty penny is getting cheaper by the year and the way Target likes to do things is roll things out slowly so I don't see why they can't try.

I agree the ESLs at Kohls's do look bad but forget the aesthetics, you know how much time and money is saved from having those? You're right though Target is really brand about things and those Kohl's ESL will never see light in Target, BUT since the market is booming there are a bunch of other companies making ESL' that look so much better than Kohls. Some look like actual paper still while others add colors and images.

ESL-red-dot.jpg

Kohl's had those LCD for years too.

Interesting video about Dynamic Pricing.

I asked corporate for more hours in April and they gave us about 2k extra hours after they had already decided what to give us. They didn't even question me, I just asked for it and they gave it. I don't think this lawsuit means much to Target.
Well shit if it’s that easy, Why can’t my managers ask them for hours to be given. We need it bad at our store.

I'm going to guess it's corporate and management greed. These people are ruthless when it comes to spending as little as possible on payroll. Then management would turn around and beg team members to extend due to call-outs. It's ridiculous and absurd.
That’s what I been saying the whole time. Definitely not because of lack of business.

ESL-red-dot.jpg

Plus the kohls ones are old technology

Even if they do this. Expect to get so many hours to get cut. Since your team doesn't need to do price change any more. Why supply the hours?

My SD for the past 2 months told us to ignore the price changes and only work on pushing the truck. One TL didn’t listen and did them several times. SD coached her for going against him and7 then it was brought up (with several other bogus things) when they fired her. I would say 70% of our prices are wrong Through the entire store. I would love a lawsuit to wake them up.

Back