What are breaks like at target? Do they have free food for you to eat?

• I'm new.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I dont know.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • It's not the companies responsibility to feed you.

Votes: 52 92.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im new and want to know how lunch breaks are and do they provide with food or do ypu have to waste $100 a month for that?

The poll here is useless.

Never expect your place of employment to feed you. They are in no way obligated. Some Targets provide peanut butter and jelly, but it doesnt get replensihed once it runs out. Most of the times they provide food are on special occasions only or other planned events.

More likely than not, you're going to have to feed yourself most days.

Depending on your store and team, if any food is provided...it would be special or store events or holidays ONLY.

I remember pizza and subs and the STL grilled burgers at one store for most major holidays.

Then my Super was cheap...only Deli and in-store stuff was provided. But they did have a community carnival event after I left.

Last edited:
When me and Plano are overnight (Alone, so like 5-6 people), we are often gotten Denny's (pre-ordered to what we specifically want). This was only one night every time we were overnight, was a really nice gesture, whether it is shit or not Denny's tastes great at 2:50 in the morning.

ASANTS, but at my store we usually have a special thing each day, sometimes soda, sometimes granola bars, sometimes something else. but in realit $100 a month for lunch is ridiculous, if you spend that much you're definitely doing it wrong imo, a loaf of bread costs $3 and some peanut butter $2, that lasts a week, you could easily do lunch for $15 a month... just gotta be smart with your money

If you hang around food ave around 8pm you may score some free popcorn o_O

Ummm has anyone ever worked any minimum wage job where your employer feeds you every day, I don't even think that happens at high paying jobs either

My store unless your an ETL/STL you don't get lunch every day. Not even pbj. It be easier to spend $20 and buy lunch food for the week. People at my store buy the cheap banquet tv dinners because they are a dollar and its enough to get them through work. Do not depend on Target to feed you even on special food days. Flow eats though half of everything by the time us regular folks get a lunch.

giphy.gif

Naw, just the part about flow cleaning everything out.
Def ASANTS since our flow usually gets the crumbs & we've had more than one cashier who decided to take store-bought pizza for the team home for family.

On special days there's usually food left for the closing shift. However the food is brought in early and if it's hot food there's no means of either keeping it warm nor does anyone refrigerate it. I like Chick-Fil-A but when I come in and the nuggets are on the table long gone cold, I'm not eating those same nuggets when I have my break several hours later. I'm not typically a germaphobe but I don't want to risk food poisoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back