MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

This is nothing new about not being able to print a display sign, this has been going on for years.

Every time we would set small appliances, oops item is on TPC/Sale can only print a TPC/Sale sign, no white signs allowed and then get blamed when the TPC/Sale is taken down "Why didn't the lazy POG team print signs for those displays, go back and fix it."

This happens almost every week: The RIG will be a package of batteries with multiple locations (checklanes, aisle outposts, and electronics).

The location of the RIG to research will be the front end battery endcap (not the large floor display spinner). I will scan the bar code on the package and the location will automatically slide to the next location, which is the battery outpost on A-side. The first few times this happened, I didn't notice and entered the count. I would look at the next location and it would be the outpost on C-side. I would slide the locations back and see the A-side task was completed but the checklane task was still open. I would then adjust the counts for the other tasks when I came to them to make sure the on-floor counts were correct.

This started when we switched to the myDevices and still continues. And, it is only with a battery RIG. Does this happen to anyone else?

You have to watch, when scanning packages not the shelf labels. It will tend to read the label and find the correct location you are at, but packages not as much. And always scan the package not the shelf.

If it is not the right item but it is a rig item, the my device will bring up the I think the first location or other rig it can find. So you have pay attention to the screen.

Not a big deal for me.

That's actually not true, scanning the UPC and the shelf label are the exact same. There actually is no extra info in the shelf label that gives the location (how I wish there were).

The device will select the location closest to your current suggested task, it will also change your next suggested task to be closest to the previous location you completed.

@OtherGuy one thing I was thinking that might be nice, I ,over how we can key in an aisle and see all pogs or what signs are there.

I would love if I could search for pt or mpg and it show all active Pam aisles in the store.

Hmmm, I'll have to think about how that one would work, but it'd be interesting.

Another problem I'm having is printing a display 3x5. If the item is on sale, any type gift card deal or whatever, if the item has a sale sign I cannot print a normal display 3x5. I have repeatedly tried all the options available, all the 3x5 and all the 3x3. I even grabbed a pda and tried and it still wouldn't work.

I had this issue with the displays over in shoes Thursday. It printed a sale 3x3. What I did was go to the date where the sale ends and print that and it printed the regular price. To be honest I hate the print sign and label on the iPods. It's just terrible and needs a overhaul or something. Can't use a PDA now either since SIGN app was removed. Labels app only now.

This is nothing new about not being able to print a display sign, this has been going on for years.

Every time we would set small appliances, oops item is on TPC/Sale can only print a TPC/Sale sign, no white signs allowed and then get blamed when the TPC/Sale is taken down "Why didn't the lazy POG team print signs for those displays, go back and fix it."

You should be able to print the display 3x5 by selecting see all options in print.

My store discontinued 3x5s for promos several months ago. Signing PC won't even print them out in that format. The only 3x5 we're allowed to print is the plain white ones for displays. Which Redbull is it? I know I have 4' in cartwell and it gets a 7x11 so maybe there's not a HQ sign available in a smaller size.

You should be able to print the display 3x5 by selecting see all options in print.
Unfortunately that's not the case. Viewing all options and selecting 3x5(generic is often the only available 3x5 option) will only print a 3x3 sticky sign if it's on sale or tpc, for most items. Trust me.

Last edited:
So the good news is the I like that the new alert sound us the old alert sound from the PDAs. Bad news, can't fucking hear it!

Did inventory with a myDevice. Much better than a pda for me. Battery lasted fine. Not having to remember PLU's is fantastic.

Unfortunately that's not the case. Viewing all options and selecting 3x5(generic is often the only available 3x5 option) will only print a 3x3 sticky sign if it's on sale or tpc, for most items. Trust me.

This is true. When doing price change and the back to school shipper items would change i would go to print the 3 x 5s and if they were on sale all i would get was a 3 x 3 sale sign, no matter what option I chose!

@OtherGuy

Top 5 things I want done on mydevice

1.) Ability to print multiple stickers when SIMing items. I can't tell you how time consuming it is to sit there and watch the wheel spin and then hit create barcode again, for each of the 24 items in the casepack

2.) Having a rolling count under where it says (on floor, in back) That way if you mark 24 from the back you can activate the the task on the floor if there is 24 on hand. This way I won't waste our time looking for items someone else already marked.

3.) For the love of god, please fix whatever is wrong with the items not clearing out of the workload even though we've stickered them. Softlines departments don't really need an "in the back" either, and if the problem is the items are coming from "in the back" can we just eliminate that option for hanging softlines?

4.) Printing generic 3x5 display signs even when the item is on sale. For when items with displays go clearance or change price. (Shoes, small appliances, electric razors and toothbrushes)

5.) Extra emphasis on #3. If that is the only thing that gets fixed it would be great.

@OtherGuy

1.) Ability to print multiple stickers when SIMing items. I can't tell you how time consuming it is to sit there and watch the wheel spin and then hit create barcode again, for each of the 24 items in the casepack

2.) Having a rolling count under where it says (on floor, in back) That way if you mark 24 from the back you can activate the the task on the floor if there is 24 on hand. This way I won't waste our time looking for items someone else already marked.

3.) For the love of god, please fix whatever is wrong with the items not clearing out of the workload even though we've stickered them. Softlines departments don't really need an "in the back" either, and if the problem is the items are coming from "in the back" can we just eliminate that option for hanging softlines?

4.) Printing generic 3x5 display signs even when the item is on sale. For when items with displays go clearance or change price. (Shoes, small appliances, electric razors and toothbrushes)

5.) Extra emphasis on #3. If that is the only thing that gets fixed it would be great.

All of this.#3 is my biggest issue as of right now.

Hoping to squeeze this into the next release

Good call out, we'll add that to the backlog

#1 priority with price change

Is the issue possibly that you aren't scrolling down to the next date where the item is no longer on sale?
Otherwise would it be possible for someone to either raise a CSC ticket or share a DPCI that this doesn't work on?

Last edited:
I've noticed issues with both stow, toss and updating counts. You hit the button and it just doesn't register. You often have to do it multiple times. So if you don't look every time to be sure, you're going to have mistakes.

Is the issue the tappable area is not big enough? Or is it when you are clicking it you are getting the red "!"?

Sometimes I get the red exclamation point, but more often, nothing happens. The tappable area is big enough, it just doesn't seem to register.

Got a problem device today :/ The thing doesn't want to scan. Closed and reopened myWork dozens of times. No scan. Powered it off and on 3 times. No scan. Reboot and set in cradle..one scan, then nothing. Plus like 20 "sorry try agains" and it also made the sound they make when they are removed from the red case, twice. What do I do?

Got a problem device today :/ The thing doesn't want to scan. Closed and reopened myWork dozens of times. No scan. Powered it off and on 3 times. No scan. Reboot and set in cradle..one scan, then nothing. Plus like 20 "sorry try agains" and it also made the sound they make when they are removed from the red case, twice. What do I do?

How long was it in the cradle? The scanners battery could have been dead if you only put it in there for a short while.

How long was it in the cradle? The scanners battery could have been dead if you only put it in there for a short while.
I only set it there for a minute. When I first grabbed it this morning, it lasted for about 45 minutes before it quit scanning.

i sometimes got this i cliked on the of the screen anywhere on the screen middle top and the camera pops up and you can scan that way it takes a lot longer but scans !!

there is 1 my device where when we do the pfresh order, anything we scan it comes up with pampers to order.
scan bananas and it asks How many do you want to order for pampers ??
scan gala apples how many do you want to order for pampers ?? We must be getting too many pampers in by now !!!!

what is wrong with this my device. Just have to go get another my device and the order works fine.

there is 1 my device where when we do the pfresh order, anything we scan it comes up with pampers to order.
scan bananas and it asks How many do you want to order for pampers ??
scan gala apples how many do you want to order for pampers ?? We must be getting too many pampers in by now !!!!

what is wrong with this my device. Just have to go get another my device and the order works fine.

Please call that one into the CSC so we can get some more info on it, that's very weird.

Can the scanners battery be dead while the ipod is almost fully charged?

It is possible, not common, but it is possible. That is why we added the scanner battery stats to the options page.

It is possible, not common, but it is possible. That is why we added the scanner battery stats to the options page.
Sorry for so many questions. If the scanner status says not connected, and scanner battery just says " - ",can I fix it without calling the CSC? I let the device sit in the cradle for an hour.

Last edited:
Back