MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

You are correct in how it works.

Now to take a step back, I'm curious what are you using Target.com for so often that you'd like to reduce the number of clicks from 2 to 1, is there a particular piece of info you are looking for?
Also I'm not sure what you are referring to by "first page where it gives you a list of departments", where in myWork do we have a list of departments that you choose from? Are you referring to the task list of price change?
I don't know about this specific situation, but I know that it would be nice to have the target.Com product details show up somewhere in mywork. That is what I look at the most as an electronics tm especially for tvs.

Now to take a step back, I'm curious what are you using Target.com for so often that you'd like to reduce the number of clicks from 2 to 1, is there a particular piece of info you are looking for?
Also I'm not sure what you are referring to by "first page where it gives you a list of departments", where in myWork do we have a list of departments that you choose from? Are you referring to the task list of price change?

When you use search in myWork and you're not typing in a dpci, the first screen it takes you to is a list of departments with results matching your search. If a guest needs you to search for something and you get no results or no results in the department you want, it would be quick, efficient and all around awesome to have a link right there to search target.com. Going into 4th quarter this seems like it would be right on track with Target's new "grow digital" mentality.

Side note: Will we ever be able to see what the cartwheel promotion for an item is through myWork? Right now we only know that it is on cartwheel. Then we have to switch apps and scan the item or search offers to find out the deal. This would be another opportunity for Target to expand it's digital presence.

These are both great ways to influence digital growth through team members on the floor. I truly believe it would drive online sales for the company.

Last edited:

Id like to chime in on this. When doing price change it is very helpful to use target.com for pictures of softlines items. It comes in handy when looking for a particular item. I say i use it a lot and i would love if a target.com link was directly on the main page

When you use search in myWork and you're not typing in a dpci, the first screen it takes you to is a list of departments with results matching your search. If a guest needs you to search for something and you get no results or no results in the department you want, it would be quick, efficient and all around awesome to have a link right there to search target.com. Going into 4th quarter this seems like it would be right on track with Target's new "grow digital" mentality.

Side note: Will we ever be able to see what the cartwheel promotion for an item is through myWork? Right now we only know that it is on cartwheel. Then we have to switch apps and scan the item or search offers to find out the deal. This would be another opportunity for Target to expand it's digital presence.

These are both great ways to influence digital growth through team members on the floor. I truly believe it would drive online sales for the company.

Ah now I've got you, so really the main issue is that Target.com has better search results than myWork? Are there other reason's you are using .com?

I know we have on our backlog the ability to tap on the Cartwheel icon and deep link to the deal in cartwheel, but that won't be this year. I'll have to see where the talks on showing % off landed.

Id like to chime in on this. When doing price change it is very helpful to use target.com for pictures of softlines items. It comes in handy when looking for a particular item. I say i use it a lot and i would love if a target.com link was directly on the main page
But really, the ideal thing you'd want is an easy way to view item pictures for your current task?

Ah now I've got you, so really the main issue is that Target.com has better search results than myWork? Are there other reason's you are using .com?

I know we have on our backlog the ability to tap on the Cartwheel icon and deep link to the deal in cartwheel, but that won't be this year. I'll have to see where the talks on showing % off landed.
I do see a lot of people on this forum claiming the search on Target.com is more useful than myWork, but that's not my issue. I'm not having trouble finding things we carry in our store. This is purely to boost ONLINE sales.

Extra thoughts: The main issue is that Target.com has better inventory, and spot is literally giving sales to Amazon and maybe even Wally World everyday by not including this.

Last edited:

But really, the ideal thing you'd want is an easy way to view item pictures for your current task?

Yes ideally!

I am constantly using my phone in one hand, the mydevice in the other. Phone to find dpci, mydevice to check location/stock.

Can I second this. Having a picture show up in mywork would be amazing for price change. I tend to use my phone in one hand and the mydevice in the other looking for those lost NOP items In the workload.. lol

So either making a quick link to the item on target.com or just adding a picture somewhere would be great. If you could incorporate the extra information from target.com too.. (Colors, dimensions, where it was made, guest reviews, softlines has size charts attached for when people don't know their "target size") these would help answer tons of guests questions

Last edited:
This would be an amazing feature. When ever a guest asks for something I have never heard of, I like to see a picture to associate it with something. When you search in mywork, you get pictures when viewing the 'departmentalized' list but they're so tiny.

Pictures would be great for hunting down MIA drastic report items as well... I pull them up on my phone pretty often to see what I'm looking for.

Hey guys a few questions the price change dev team was wondering about to help ensure they have covered all possible scenarios for price change tasks not dropping, are these situations common or are there other situations where the tasks aren't dropping?

• When the Price Change Team Members are working ‘Today’s workload, are they under Today’s work in the task list? Same idea with ‘Tomorrow’s’ workload.
Currently if a TM tries to complete a location for an item in ‘Tomorrow’s’ workload when in ‘Today’s’ the task is not going to clear from the task list. Same goes for ‘Tomorrow’s workload.
  • When the Price Change Team Members are working Salesfloor items, they’re not under Pull/TKT, Seas/TKT, or any of the backroom divisions correct? Same with backroom items while in an Aisle or Salesfloor division in the task list.
Currently if a TM tries to complete a location in backroom while in an Aisle or Salesfloor division within the task list , the task will not drop from the task list. Same idea with a Salesfloor item while in Pull/TKT, Seas/TKT, or a backroom division.​

Hey guys a few questions the price change dev team was wondering about to help ensure they have covered all possible scenarios for price change tasks not dropping, are these situations common or are there other situations where the tasks aren't dropping?

• When the Price Change Team Members are working ‘Today’s workload, are they under Today’s work in the task list? Same idea with ‘Tomorrow’s’ workload.
Currently if a TM tries to complete a location for an item in ‘Tomorrow’s’ workload when in ‘Today’s’ the task is not going to clear from the task list. Same goes for ‘Tomorrow’s workload.
  • When the Price Change Team Members are working Salesfloor items, they’re not under Pull/TKT, Seas/TKT, or any of the backroom divisions correct? Same with backroom items while in an Aisle or Salesfloor division in the task list.
Currently if a TM tries to complete a location in backroom while in an Aisle or Salesfloor division within the task list , the task will not drop from the task list. Same idea with a Salesfloor item while in Pull/TKT, Seas/TKT, or a backroom division.​
A lot of times i noticed tasks not dropping out i was in pull/tkt even though i didnt intentionally go there. Sometimes the my device will end up on that screen and ill realize i scanned a lot while under it. Everytime ive been under pull/tkt it will not drop out of the sales floor. Same with today and tomorrow workload. Before we could scan under any screen and the tasks would drop out, whyd it all of a sudden change? Is it permanent?

The things you quoted are common.
Sometimes when we are just scanning softlines racks in todays workload under Ready-to-wear, items are not clearing. For instance I'll have scanned the XS,S,M,L and XXL of a size but when I go into the workload and look the M and L size would still be in the task list even thought they are stickered right in front of me. Idk if it has to do with scanning too fast, as I've been scanning a whole heck of a lot slower since the mydevices.

I'll check the mydevice and make sure the (on the floor) icon is highlighted and everything. A few times i noticed it jumped itself over to (in the back) but i would slide it back over. And honestly I'm scared to use auto-print because it worked so bad for us so i can't tell you how it works with that.

I just want to say it works absolutely perfect in hardlines for me. It's just the NOP divisions that aren't clearing out.

Last edited:
The things you quoted are common.
Sometimes when we are just scanning softlines racks in todays workload under Ready-to-wear, items are not clearing. For instance I'll have scanned the XS,S,M,L and XXL of a size but when I go into the workload and look the M and L size would still be in the task list even thought they are stickered right in front of me. Idk if it has to do with scanning too fast, as I've been scanning a whole heck of a lot slower since the mydevices.

I'll check the mydevice and make sure the (on the floor) icon is highlighted and everything. A few times i noticed it jumped itself over to (in the back) but i would slide it back over. And honestly I'm scared to use auto-print because it worked so bad for us so i can't tell you how it works with that.

I just want to say it works absolutely perfect in hardlines for me. It's just the NOP divisions that aren't clearing out.

I agree with all of this. Hardliners is no issue whatsoever for my store either so long as we've selected the correct day.

I've been paranoid about watching for accidental Pull/Tkt switching for the last few weeks so I know that even if you scan all of the items in a softlines section while making absolutely sure that on the floor is selected every time, random items, sometimes quite a few random items, will not drop out of the task list.

I haven't seen any sort of pattern to it and neither have the team members that are on pricing more frequently than I am. It's frustrating.

One of the new fun issues when doing price change:

You scan an item and it brings up the DPCI / price, however it won't load the "clearance" icon, or come up with the option to print signs/labels/tickets it just has the spinning circle of loading.

This often goes on for long periods over the course of scanning multiple items, which makes it impossible to print a reticket to replace a damaged/missed ticket. You can still print that days workload, you just can't do retickets.

You scan an item and it brings up the DPCI / price, however it won't load the "clearance" icon, or come up with the option to print signs/labels/tickets it just has the spinning circle of loading.

This often goes on for long periods over the course of scanning multiple items, which makes it impossible to print a reticket to replace a damaged/missed ticket. You can still print that days workload, you just can't do retickets.

Yep! Having the same problem. Restarting the my device will fix the problem (For a few minutes) till it decides to stop again ;P its always something!

Yep! Having the same problem. Restarting the my device will fix the problem (For a few minutes) till it decides to stop again ;P its always something!

We've been having these problems too. I found that when you wait just a second before scanning it a second time the print option shows up.

We've been having these problems too. I found that when you wait just a second before scanning it a second time the print option shows up.
I try to have a PDA to actually see what is left for the day. I truly believe that the my device for pricing is not a good idea especially when they have a very short battery life and always having issues with them. Not productive at all running to find a new one or charging them on your break or lunch doesn't help much either. I really hope HQ sees the failure in these my devices and get them phased out next yr.

Back