MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I really hope HQ sees the failure in these my devices and get them phased out next yr.
MyDevices are still invaluable to workcenters like POG, SF and even logistics. At this point, getting rid of them would be terrible mistake. I could understand switching PC back to PDAs but to just scrap the whole program would totally set us back.

I try to have a PDA to actually see what is left for the day. I truly believe that the my device for pricing is not a good idea especially when they have a very short battery life and always having issues with them. Not productive at all running to find a new one or charging them on your break or lunch doesn't help much either. I really hope HQ sees the failure in these my devices and get them phased out next yr.
One of ours that I always use isn't holding a charge for long, even with my proper battery saving techniques in place. They are going to start dropping like flies soon when the batteries start depleting.

When you use search in myWork and you're not typing in a dpci, the first screen it takes you to is a list of departments with results matching your search. If a guest needs you to search for something and you get no results or no results in the department you want, it would be quick, efficient and all around awesome to have a link right there to search target.com. Going into 4th quarter this seems like it would be right on track with Target's new "grow digital" mentality.

Side note: Will we ever be able to see what the cartwheel promotion for an item is through myWork? Right now we only know that it is on cartwheel. Then we have to switch apps and scan the item or search offers to find out the deal. This would be another opportunity for Target to expand it's digital presence.

These are both great ways to influence digital growth through team members on the floor. I truly believe it would drive online sales for the company.
I've run into issues with it showing the item as on cartwheel, but when I toggle over, there is nothing for it.

Thanks for all the great price change feedback!

I've run into issues with it showing the item as on cartwheel, but when I toggle over, there is nothing for it.
So MyWork is showing the Cartwheel icon, but when you go into the Cartwheel app it isn't showing as on Cartwheel? Are you scanning the UPC in both apps? (I've just noticed some issues in Cartwheel when you try to search and the item is in a large category also hand keying DPCIs don't work)

I've run into the same issue.. The mydevice says it's on cartwheel so I pull out my phone and scan the barcode and voila! No deals. I then typed in a description in the search and the item popped up. I think it's more of an issue with the cartwheel app.

@OtherGuy I noticed that after you create a mobile mysupport ticket in mywork (ie wrong price) and you use the speech bubble icon to switch apps, it logs you in as Mr. First (1234567). In order to see your tickets, you have to log out and log in.

4IlfRzd1un7Si7QJcscBc-QustMh8CbQs0TF82bxiTU=w434-h771-no

Remember your favorite white screen error you'd get when logging in and hitting retry a bunch of times? Well we got rid of them with some new snazzy servers!

Are those servers working on the west coast? Cause today was nothing but that "Try Again" screen..

@OtherGuy I noticed that after you create a mobile mysupport ticket in mywork (ie wrong price) and you use the speech bubble icon to switch apps, it logs you in as Mr. First (1234567). In order to see your tickets, you have to log out and log in.

4IlfRzd1un7Si7QJcscBc-QustMh8CbQs0TF82bxiTU=w434-h771-no
Hmm, this might be why it often says I have no tickets until I go to all and back to me...

...the nof/item not legal needs to let us input a suggested dpci fir merging...

Hmm, this might be why it often says I have no tickets until I go to all and back to me...

...the nof/item not legal needs to let us input a suggested dpci fir merging...
I totally didn't think about item merges and the mydevice.. I may have to teach backroom day how to use them now.

I totally didn't think about item merges and the mydevice.. I may have to teach backroom day how to use them now.
The only nof I've used mobile mysupport for they've replied to use sim or defect it out. Even though it came off a pog and I knew the assortment dpci. I thought it might be quicker than hitting up a computer to tie it to the correct dpci.

Are those servers working on the west coast? Cause today was nothing but that "Try Again" screen..

All day was "Something's wrong" error messages and that md4 error message. Literally every few minutes they would pop up

The servers weren't on until pretty late afternoon. It's quite magical to see the chart where the "white screen" errors drop to absolutely 0 as soon as they were switched on and it stayed at 0 for the whole hour I saw it.

But yeah if there are still some weird lingering login errors out there let me know what you see.

The servers weren't on until pretty late afternoon. It's quite magical to see the chart where the "white screen" errors drop to absolutely 0 as soon as they were switched on and it stayed at 0 for the whole hour I saw it.

But yeah if there are still some weird lingering login errors out there let me know what you see.
I got a MD9 error today! (It went away and never showed up again after like a half second.)

When I called the Help(less) desk, I was told that MD4 errors are caused by invalid devices names. I have noticed a lot of devices having the name format of TXXXX_iMD-AB_SERIALNUMBER. When they told me what to change it to, they said TXXXX iMD-AB SERIALNUMBER . The underscore is the difference. Removing the underscores usually fixed my problems. Is that still the case? Or was that ever the case?

All day was "Something's wrong" error messages and that md4 error message. Literally every few minutes they would pop up

I kept getting the "Something's wrong" message, but the keyboard got stuck on top of it and blocked the buttons, so the only way to do anything was to force close MyWork.

I might be late to the party and quite frankly too lazy to read all the responses, but I'm on the mobile device team at the help(less) desk and we can typically fix this by completely deleting and reinstalling mywork. What causes it in the first place? Who knows. Ask the engineer on here.
Sorry but we do call you the helpless desk....

Last edited:
I don't understand the nickname here. I almost always have really good success with calling CSC. Occasionally, there's something outside the scope of what they're able to fix but they are always super helpful up to the point where they have to call a vendor.

Back