MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

When I called the Help(less) desk, I was told that MD4 errors are caused by invalid devices names. I have noticed a lot of devices having the name format of TXXXX_iMD-AB_SERIALNUMBER. When they told me what to change it to, they said TXXXX iMD-AB SERIALNUMBER . The underscore is the difference. Removing the underscores usually fixed my problems. Is that still the case? Or was that ever the case?
That sounds like a placebo effect to me, the only part of the name that is critical for app usage is that T#### (The #'s being your store number), the rest of the name is for our own identification and troubleshooting purposes.

Sled Battery. I have a few questions...

1. What's the percentage of battery needed to keep the sled scanner working? I've noticed problems when the battery dips below 50%.
2. Does the sled battery also charge the iPod battery when being used? And if so, is charging taking priority over keeping the scanner working?
3. How long does it take to charge a dead sled and does the sled battery charge first before the iPod or vice versa?
1. When you are quoting battery life are you just saying the green battery icon on the top right being the iPod's battery or the one in the options page for MyWork that gives a % number that is for the sled? And then what kind of problems are you seeing? Just the sled not scanning? But either way I don't know of any percentage where things will stop working other than of course 0%
2. Not yet, when we do add it the sled will charge the iPod but only until the sled gets around 50% and then it will stop charging the iPod and save its battery for itself
3. It charges as the same time from what I've seen. I've never timed it out but Honeywell claims 4 hours to charge.

Well they are building to the cheapest price Spot could get. Spot wanted it that crappy, cause being cheap to keep that bonus money flowing straight to the top.
These devices have existed long before we started this, just not in red ;)

I would scan the upc using the my device in my work and then use my phone to check cartwheel by scanning the barcode. I'll even search the department for it.
Wouldn't it be easier just to have the cartwheel app running in the background, double tap the home button and swipe over to it than try to juggle 2 devices?

Getting FAR less MD5 errors. And I've noticed I'm logged into redwire alerts for a lot longer. I'll still get the alerts, but if I load up redwire, I still have to do the "Choose my area, wait for it to load" etc, so I'm assuming some work was done to ensure LOD's get alerts even if the Redwire app times out.

Battery life seems to have taken a hit though.

I'm also curious about the shelf life of these devices. How long until Target is forced to update all their iPods to newer hardware?

How do I fix the connect to iTunes screen on the mydevice? I could take it home and connect it to ITunes if that solves it. I doubt our computers would let us download iTunes if that were the case

Last edited:
I wasn't sure if they sent equipment to reset them or what, seeing as my digital advisor is a douche and im going to have to fix the broken mydevices..

I wasn't sure if they sent equipment to reset them or what, seeing as my digital advisor is a douche and im going to have to fix the broken mydevices..
It needs to be sent off to be replaced. Evidently someone didn't reset it correctly causing to go into recovery mode

I had 0 login errors, MD errors, nothing. It was wonderful! I'm still not trustworthy of the REDwire app sending alerts when they actually go off. I still reset after every hour to be on the safe side. I still get alerts if I don't reset, but they are about 15 minute delay from the time it originally went off so. I just reset every hour just to be safe.

We are ordering new charging stations, because the devices are not charging. No matter how hard I put them the correct way for a green light.

I have been getting a couple issues popping up as I do revisions in entertainment every week.

While being connected to a portable printer, I will tie in a revision and go through the messages about untying the old revision and a revision batch dropping in. When I expect to see the prompt warning me a lot of labels might print and ask if I want to send them to the portable printer or backroom, the prompt will disappear before I can select an option. No labels print from my portable printer and no label batch is created for the signing computer. Afterwards I can still print the header label, revision labels, or all labels just fine from the portable printer.

Sometimes, after doing a tie and waiting to go through the messages, I will just get a message about a printer error and my revision fill batch is never created. I then check the Transition Workload Tool and see the revision was tied, but the batch never was recorded as dropped. That seems to mostly happen on revisions that are 0% changes. It has happened a lot on the PB BS pog revisions in books which can go weeks with 0% changes that are supposed to still be tied in.

Last edited:
It needs to be sent off to be replaced. Evidently someone didn't reset it correctly causing to go into recovery mode

Thanks, I figured it would need to be sent out.. now I just have to get someone to do it. Seeing as its been on the cradle for 3 months and nobody has done a damn thing, this might be a challenge. :rolleyes:

That seems to mostly happen on revisions that are 0% changes. It has happened a lot on the PB BS pog revisions in books which can go weeks with 0% changes that are supposed to still be tied in.
Isn't that normal for a 0% revision? Just scan the pog barcode or enter the POG number and print the header from a portable printer. If you really want to fill it that bad, just scan or type in the POG, and use the fill option. Also, if everything's updated on your device, it shouldn't be taking you through all of those steps you were talking about.

I have been getting a couple issues popping up as I do revisions in entertainment every week.

While being connected to a portable printer, I will tie in a revision and go through the messages about untying the old revision and a revision batch dropping in. When I expect to see the prompt warning me a lot of labels might print and ask if I want to send them to the portable printer or backroom, the prompt will disappear before I can select an option. No labels print from my portable printer and no label batch is created for the signing computer. Afterwards I can still print the header label, revision labels, or all labels just fine from the portable printer.

Sometimes, after doing a tie and waiting to go through the messages, I will just get a message about a printer error and my revision fill batch is never created. I then check the Transition Workload Tool and see the revision was tied, but the batch never was recorded as dropped. That seems to mostly happen on revisions that are 0% changes. It has happened a lot on the PB BS pog revisions in books which can go weeks with 0% changes that are supposed to still be tied in.
I noticed that, too about the pop up of the printer options and then it disappears before you select. Now Print Error usually means a glitch in the network because when it does that I can't get Store Applications to even print anything. And yes with 0% I usually just go on a PDA and drop a batch to get the check mark. This has been an issue since we got the iPods that they don't drop batches on 0% REVs

I don't even put up the header anymore. Too easy to just type in the aisle number to see what's tied on it with the iPod.

1. When you are quoting battery life are you just saying the green battery icon on the top right being the iPod's battery or the one in the options page for MyWork that gives a % number that is for the sled?

Options page. I don't have a solid % of when, but it starts giving off issues before it's completely drained. I.e., stops scanning.

And then what kind of problems are you seeing? Just the sled not scanning? But either way I don't know of any percentage where things will stop working other than of course 0%

2. Not yet, when we do add it the sled will charge the iPod but only until the sled gets around 50% and then it will stop charging the iPod and save its battery for itself

I know the pricing team complains the most about dead MyDevices. They use the MyDevice the most, constantly.

3. It charges as the same time from what I've seen. I've never timed it out but Honeywell claims 4 hours to charge.

That's a loose claim. Some charge fast and others don't. If it's possible to change priority, sled, then iPod would make the most sense.

Back