MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

It's with an ultra heavy heart that share... @OtherGuy was laid off today. It goes w/out saying, he was the best one on our team. While I'd rather focus on things like new features & stability, I'm now focused getting him back.
That's really shitty.. It was because of his activity here, wasn't it?

It's with an ultra heavy heart that share... @OtherGuy was laid off today. It goes w/out saying, he was the best one on our team. While I'd rather focus on things like new features & stability, I'm now focused getting him back.
Those bastards. I am so pissed right now. @OtherGuy and his information and answers to our questions has really been the ONLY good thing coming out of Minneapolis for awhile. From what I see at the store level, his being the best is probably what marked him for the "layoff." I hope his participation on this site had nothing to do with this action. Best of luck @Other Guy and keep us updated on how you're doing. F**k those bastards.

While I have no idea what goes into determining who gets laid off and who doesn't, I guarantee you that his activity out here was seen as an asset, and not a problem. In fact, (in the short term) we're trying to determine who will monitor this thread so that we keep the feedback coming. Since HQ changes are still brewing, won't know for at least a week.

Last edited:
@OtherGuy sorry for about the news. If you're as good as we know you to be, you'll bounce back quickly and with a company that will hopefully appreciate your talents. Thanks for your input to us grunts out in the field. Sometimes, jumping the chain of command to feed us intel is necessary. Hope it wasn't your down bringing. We salute you, sir.

@OtherGuy - Sorry to see you go. Your help in this thread definitely made life easier for myself and a ton of other TM's. Hopefully you can use this participation and large-scale feedback as great interview/resume material.
Better yet, @OtherGuy, start your own company that gives seminars to other companies on how to use social media, and sites like this one, to improve IS technology at the end user level. Your company could also setup the system for the client company then turn it over to them to run.

Sorry to hear the news. I am not that active on here but the few posts of his I did read were very informative. I know he was active on a few threads answering many questions. Maybe move this info to the main board so all can know about this?

Thanks for the support everyone, I'll for sure miss everyone on this board I've got to work with and listen to over the past ~year. You've all been a great resource and I'm glad I have been (hopefully) able to make your jobs at least a little easier.
And as already stated it for sure had nothing to do with me posting here. It simply was a large layoff that just so happened to have the unfortune of impacting myself.

I hate being a downer so I think the best way for me to sign off here is with two quotes/poorly made GIFs from The Other Guys as I always find humor makes things easier.

Me yesterday:
14359150.gif

Me today:
Peacock.gif

Last edited:
From target layoffs.com

Sorry to have seen some good people go.....
Can't really explain the who or whys. But for those left we can at least now focus on what our new roles and teams are going to be and move on. This foing nothing at work has been miserable.

Anonymous145924

Last edited:
@OtherGuy, do this before it is too late.
For those laid off in March, they continued to be paid through last Saturday via normal paychecks. And then, they'll receive one more check before June 5th, which is equivalent to 5 weeks of pay + 1 week of pay for each year of service - all of this wrapped into one lump sum. One suggestion - if you think you're going to be laid off, be sure to discontinue deductions from your check ASAP. This would include parking, 401K, etc. - all of this is continued to be deducted, so if you can eliminate it now, you'll do yourself a favor.

Really sad to see you go @OtherGuy :(
I appreciated your insight, support, and desire to help things improve.

On the MyDevice side of things though, I've been having a hell of a time backstocking lately. Seems like half the time when scanning a location barcode, the MyDevice tries to search instead of bringing up the STO screen. Is it an issue with the device? Or our stickers

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo.

Think if I make a black armband with a bullseye crying they'd understand?

@OtherGuy you are the only reason I've persevered with these stupid ipods. Cause at the end of the day it didn't matter what stupid coding we started with, you'd be here to tell us to just hang in a week for an update to fix it. And I can't see the company getting this far this fast without that dialog. I wish you well, and hope karma lands you the job you really deserve.

This is what happens when you lay off someone good! myDevices completely down this morning.
I believe @OtherGuy was not on the team responsible for the Ping/MD4 error. He would just keep us updated on its status. However, I would wager that the team responsible for the sign-on authorization also took hits this "layoff."

Back