MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I'd love your feedback on your biggest pain points working in the store. This could be process related or really anything! Well, besides interpersonal issues. I don't deal with those. ;-) Leaving this open ended but any and all problems are welcome! I'm looking at developing process/technical solutions for 2017. Think- "If I didn't have to do _____, my day would be so much better." Or "I waste so much time doing ____, there's gotta be a better way."

I'd love your feedback on your biggest pain points working in the store. This could be process related or really anything! Well, besides interpersonal issues. I don't deal with those. ;-) Leaving this open ended but any and all problems are welcome! I'm looking at developing process/technical solutions for 2017. Think- "If I didn't have to do _____, my day would be so much better." Or "I waste so much time doing ____, there's gotta be a better way."
For flexible fulfillment (SFS and OPU), I find it a huge problem that cancelling an item because I can't find it doesn't actually update the on-hands for that item. It simply blocks us from getting any orders for it for 24 hours. Unfortunately, items don't magically reappear after 24 hours so I have to research items to zero after I cancel them, which is incredibly time consuming (it doesn't always drop into the next days instocks task list).

My only wish for 2017: Make it so that cancelling an item from an online order automatically updates the on-hands for that item. This will help keep items across the store in stock.

It would be nice if there was an option to not create a batch for a POG/sales planner after tying, but still be counted as a batch being made on the Weekly workload. Sometimes I rather do outs than create a batch that ask to pulls tons of stuff that are likely overstock (usually in diapers aisle, dog food, toilet paper, etc). Burning batches seems like a huge waste of time/payroll.

Another reason is HBA endcaps that have shippers. Shippers are sometimes not located in the back. So I end of pulling a lot of HBA merch. when I don't need it cause I have shippers that already have the product. I waste probably 15 min pulling per endcap, then another 10 min backstocking.

Edit: An alternative would be letting us delete a batch from the system. If abuse is an issue, maybe only allow deletion of POG batches and TLs or above access to this function.

Last edited:
My #1 Wish, be able to order Fixtures/Signing on SAP if you are signed in as Signing Spec.

Also any Photo you take, that image can be sent directly to you as an e-mail attachment.
Talk to hr, you should have sap access. I do.

My biggest issue is printer/mydevice issues in pricing. Move a hair and they disconnect from the network, batteries for the printer die, mydevice dies before end of shift unless you charge every break- no matter how you turn the screen down, etc.

Also being able to use them in the coolers. They worked perfectly when we first got them. In the past year since I left market, despite the network upgrades, they suddenly don't work in the dairy cooler or freezer?

Missing label and changing the automatic label size. Printing a 3x5 or shelf label on the hip printer.

@mobilelady Still have a kidney to send for access to the new devices...seriously my CV speaks for itself. We're trending to jump org chart and extra devices for fourth quarter would be amazing. Even if it's just one for me :cool: cause I do it all most days anyway (pricing, pog, signing) and I'm trained to play anywhere but receiving...

@mobilelady it would be GREAT if you could add a photo to all the display dpci's in case they are missing off the display (a frequent problem) and also because the description is so vague now. Also, if you could attach a white 3x5 on the main page to the display dpci # it would be very helpful.

If I didn't have to hunt for a piece of equipment that had charge on it, that actually worked: Connected to printers, Zebra RFID scanners actually scans. Chargers that actually work, and actually charge the equipment in a decent time frame. And isn't so damn slow I am constantly waiting for it to load the page and actually accepts the date I input rather than refuse to actually update without trying 7-8 times to input a count.

2 things:

In the price change function, when you scan something that goes salvage, enter a quantity, then have to choose "salvage, donate, destroy". We often forget to select that last option. The device allows us to scan the next item with that selection still on the screen. Then you think "did it count those I just entered?" Or "did I select salvage that last time?". It would be nice if it didn't allow you to scan the next item when the "salvage, donate, destroy" options are still on the screen.

Second thing, is there a way to get an "image" link like we have in the price change function on tasks within the price audit function? It would be handy when trying to find audit items in soft lines that are unlocated.

Talk to hr, you should have sap access. I do.

My biggest issue is printer/mydevice issues in pricing. Move a hair and they disconnect from the network, batteries for the printer die, mydevice dies before end of shift unless you charge every break- no matter how you turn the screen down, etc.

Also being able to use them in the coolers. They worked perfectly when we first got them. In the past year since I left market, despite the network upgrades, they suddenly don't work in the dairy cooler or freezer?

Missing label and changing the automatic label size. Printing a 3x5 or shelf label on the hip printer.

@mobilelady Still have a kidney to send for access to the new devices...seriously my CV speaks for itself. We're trending to jump org chart and extra devices for fourth quarter would be amazing. Even if it's just one for me :cool: cause I do it all most days anyway (pricing, pog, signing) and I'm trained to play anywhere but receiving...

I have Sap Access, but being able to access SAP and create a "shopping Cart" on the go, and then checking it out later, would save infinite time.

I have Sap Access, but being able to access SAP and create a "shopping Cart" on the go, and then checking it out later, would save infinite time.
You can save it and come back. I have a small notepad just for sap stuff I need. At the end of the day I sit down and order.

But nobody cares if you place five orders each for one item in a day...or a dozen. Lol.

These may be workarounds for these issues, but off the top of my head:

When qmosing, be able to select an option (backroom) that doesn't adjust the sales floor quantity.

When updating sales floor quantity (under manage inventory), prompt user to comfirm if you need instant replenishment, or if you just want to update the SFQ without creating a batch.

Anyone ever have this problem, and a fix for it?

MyDevice looks like it is turning on (black screen and white apple), but never does and then just shuts off. I took the ipod out of its case and have it plugged into an outlet.

Anyone ever have this problem, and a fix for it?

MyDevice looks like it is turning on (black screen and white apple), but never does and then just shuts off. I took the ipod out of its case and have it plugged into an outlet.

Send for repair, we just shipped out five for this exact reason, sled took a crap. And Missing updates? You mean there is someone who updates these things? Our last ETLGE never bothered she quit last week and going through the crap she left we found six brand new MyDevices still in the box from August. She never bothered to configure and get out on the floor.

Exactly what Bosch said. Send out for repair immediately so you can get one back. That's the main reason I've sent almost all of ours off to be replaced.

Send for repair, we just shipped out five for this exact reason, sled took a crap. And Missing updates? You mean there is someone who updates these things? Our last ETLGE never bothered she quit last week and going through the crap she left we found six brand new MyDevices still in the box from August. She never bothered to configure and get out on the floor.

HAH maybe we have the same ETL-GE. I really wish ETL-GEs weren't in charge of equipments. It's literally their last priority. It just piles up in their mailbox until we literally have nothing to use, then all of a sudden everyone's rushing through sending out every piece of equipment.

Back