MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Yeah, that makes sense. I used a mydevice once when we had them. Just once and it was for about 15 minutes during a short training stint. Never really needed them on o/n flow. Do you have any idea if they have plans to update/get new PDAs? Ours are....old and many of them have one or more issues. Some more serious than others.

No, I didn't try that. I can see how it would be a very useful device for dayside people and for other uses other than backroom. It *is* much faster at least in my limited usage.
Those pdas have only been the sole type for a year or two. I wouldn't expect a replacement type for at least another couple years. If your store isn't sending them out to fix that's s missed opportunity.

I think we only have 2 LPDA holsters left in the store. The one I have and the one a POG TM has that we both refuse to part ways with.

Our ETL threw all the LPDA holsters out the split second the LPDA's were packed up and out. We were supposed to have a clean workspace. I have two of them since the MyDevice holsters were shit from the get go.. So we will have nothing if the Zebra's don't fit cause no one knows to order new holsters.

Our ETL threw all the LPDA holsters out the split second the LPDA's were packed up and out. We were supposed to have a clean workspace. I have two of them since the MyDevice holsters were shit from the get go.. So we will have nothing if the Zebra's don't fit cause no one knows to order new holsters.
I know now. They are expensive for just one. I don't want to order unless I know we aren't getting new ones.

I found LPDA holsters on SAP but they're $10/ea (I can get the part number tomorrow if anyone would like it). I don't know how I'd explain that if someone questioned me though, so I held off

LPDA holster part number: IS074

Last edited:
I found LPDA holsters on SAP but they're $10/ea (I can get the part number tomorrow if anyone would like it). I don't know how I'd explain that if someone questioned me though, so I held off

I ordered 20.... In the year and a half of ordering things, no one has questioned or said anything about my ordering. Of course is mostly SFS supplies but I have ordered keys+ batteries

I ordered 20.... In the year and a half of ordering things, no one has questioned or said anything about my ordering. Of course is mostly SFS supplies but I have ordered keys+ batteries
I'm thinking this may be my saving grace... nobody ever questions my purchases either. But they need to show up on the signing pallet and I feel like these never do, they go straight to hr from the receiver.

We've had the Zebras for at least a couple months (maybe more) and I used one for the first time the other night. I don't like change, and I didn't like the Zebra. At least for backroom duties. Still prefer the gun (or PDA or whatever the hell you call it, lol). Wonder how long before they phase those out...probably when end to end takes over completely.

I'm only guessing here; but since the Apple MyDevices are being replaced by Zebra Android-based scanners and the RFID rollout had Zebra RFID-readers... it's likely that the Motorola MC9200s will be replaced with something Zebra owned as well. Ironically, the Motorola line of industrial-grade scanners is now owned by Zebra. Zebra acquired all of Motorola's Enterprise Solution equipment.

Are the batteries either replaceable, or super-long-lasting?
Both.

I'm thinking this may be my saving grace... nobody ever questions my purchases either. But they need to show up on the signing pallet and I feel like these never do, they go straight to hr from the receiver.
Just tell the receiver and whoever breaks down supply pallets from the truck to look out for them.

Or just order enough for all of the devices and play dumb when they show up. "I have no clue who ordered all these, but they look like they'd be perfect for the Zebras!"

I'm only guessing here; but since the Apple MyDevices are being replaced by Zebra Android-based scanners and the RFID rollout had Zebra RFID-readers... it's likely that the Motorola MC9200s will be replaced with something Zebra owned as well. Ironically, the Motorola line of industrial-grade scanners is now owned by Zebra. Zebra acquired all of Motorola's Enterprise Solution equipment.
I have doubts that they'll ever replace PDAs with something different than the devices the rest of the store uses.

Everyone used to use the same device, and the end goal is probably to get back to that. Just give it a few years to phase out the backroom as we know it, then all they'll need to worry about is applications for SFS and receiving on the Zebra TC51s.

That bodes well for cross integration. Especially if zebra doesn't have the heavier duty body device for backroom like we are used to now.

How does the zebra perform in coolers/ freezers?

I think, with E2E eventually being implemented in all stores, all PDAs will be replaced by Zebra myDevices. If each team is responsible for researching and pulling for their owned area, it will be unproductive for as TM to have a myDevice for scanning the floor and then having to go and find a PDA to pull their batch.

Also, the speed of the PDAs was needed when pulling Autos and CAFs to be able to complete them in the allotted time. Since time deadlines are being eliminated in other areas of the store, I can definitely see timed Autos and CAFs also going away. Department teams will just have to make sure all of their pulls are done in a timely manner.

Finally, it will be cheaper to purchase, maintain, repair, and replace one type of scanner for all stores rather than two.

Even right now, my jobs on the sales floor would be much easier if I could pull my own batches with the myDevuce I shot them with.

Also, the speed of the PDAs was needed when pulling Autos and CAFs to be able to complete them in the allotted time. Since time deadlines are being eliminated in other areas of the store, I can definitely see timed Autos and CAFs also going away. Department teams will just have to make sure all of their pulls are done in a timely manner.

Didn't CAF timers already disappear a few weeks ago?

Back