MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I'm still waiting for the search function to operate like it should. I had a newer team member search for 'amibo' and of course, the garbage app returned nothing. It should know, just like Google or any other search, that the user wanted 'amiibo'. Someone at HQ needs to hire a developer with a minimal amount of mental fortitude.

Alright... thanks to @ElectronicsTM suggestion to use the Guest Wi-Fi instead of tcwireless... getting screens for your MyDevice has been simplified.

For those that don't know how to do that here's a tutorial. I hope it's not too confusing:

First:
Open Settings> Wi-Fi> then select the blue i next to tcwireless... this will allow you to toggle the Auto-Join off. Go back to Wi-Fi and select Target Guest WiFi. There should be a check next to it when it's joined.

Second:
After you're connected to Target Guest WiFi, open Safari and use this link: tinyurl.com/targetmd
It'll take you to my personal site, which just lists all the screens in a boring vertical layout. There are 51 images to choose from.

Third:
The very first image you'll see is the Home Screen. Press and hold that image until the option to Save Image comes up (it's the 3rd choice down). After you save it, scroll down until you see your device's number. Press and hold that image for the option to Save Image.

Fourth:
Return to Settings then select Wallpaper> Choose a New Wallpaper> All Photos> Select the image of the home screen> Pinch the image for a better fitting background. It'll appear zoomed in when it first loads in the preview window> Press Set> Set Home Screen> You'll be taken back to the image selection screen again, select the numbered image for your Lock Screen> Pinch to readjust> Set> Set Lock Screen

Fifth:
Go back to Settings (< Choose < Wallpaper <Settings)

Finally:
Reset tcwireless back to Auto-Join
Wi-Fi> choose a network: tcwireless> wait for the check to appear next to it, then select the blue i> toggle Auto-Join back on.

You're all done. Sorry to the folks that know this, but I hope it helps anyone that isn't very iOS savvy.

Well, it's been 2 years since I came up with these screens for the MyDevices... that's a pretty good run. Now I'm wondering if the same ability will be available on the new Zebra devices. Does anyone know if you can upload your own backgrounds/screensaver images or if they're pretty well locked down from that sort of stuff?

We just got the zebras in last week they are so pretty and we got the holsters in too i believe also. I rarely use one since i only need it to qmos food if i close food ave and i dont always close

Well, it's been 2 years since I came up with these screens for the MyDevices... that's a pretty good run. Now I'm wondering if the same ability will be available on the new Zebra devices. Does anyone know if you can upload your own backgrounds/screensaver images or if they're pretty well locked down from that sort of stuff?
They are *very* locked down to the point almost nothing can be changed by the regular end user. Overall I like that. I had to suffer through ever changing backgrounds on the iOS-based units which usually consisted of duck-faced selfie softlines TMs. Always made me cringe a bit.

The zebras are locked down, unfortunately.

But THANK YOU for the screens!! Every device in the store had them. We used them for almost the full 2 years and before we had them, they were plagued by terrible selfies and "funny" pics. That problem is now solved, but I'll miss the old number lock screens. Thanks again!

I believe they are. Can’t even move the icons around. I made some for the iPods I was real proud of. Can’t use them further now.

Is there a way to locate them? Like an internal GPS or something to find one? I know you can look up using the IP address but that's not precise enough for my liking.

Ever since rfid started I don't understand how target hasn't developed a way to generate special DPCI tags for devices. Get on that, Spot.

We got a whole bunch of holsters the week following the zebra delivery and they're unlike the ones listed on the zebra site or Amazon. There's two types; one with a cut out for zebras with a trigger mod and one with a mesh pocket. They're pretty much the same thing as the last few version of the iOS holsters so they're not the best made things in the world but they're effective.

Also, has anyone had trouble TPCing with the zebras this week? I didn't have any issues on Monday but while working produce today, I got a red ! and had to use a PC like a barbarian.

Wait you can TPC from devices now?

What in the fuck! Sorry I am a Barbarian.

Ever since rfid started I don't understand how target hasn't developed a way to generate special DPCI tags for devices. Get on that, Spot.

or even just those "Locate Phone by causing them to make a noise" buttons, we had waaaay back when we actually all owned cordless phones.

If one goes missing call CSC immediately. They have the ability to "ping" the missing one and tell you exactly where it's at on the SF/backroom IF the battery isn't dead.

What have your stores done to label your new Zebra devices? I'm looking at the device and the only area I see that we could throw a p-touch/dymo label is across the Zebra logo on the front. The case covers a lot of the back and putting it on the removable battery defeats the purpose. We're trying to label them so that specific teams are allotted enough devices.

Well the RFID tags have a range of only a few feet, so that wouldn't really help much unless they also installed RFID readers everywhere.

What have your stores done to label your new Zebra devices? I'm looking at the device and the only area I see that we could throw a p-touch/dymo label is across the Zebra logo on the front. The case covers a lot of the back and putting it on the removable battery defeats the purpose. We're trying to label them so that specific teams are allotted enough devices.
Ours are labeled with numbers on the back, partially under where the hand strap clips on.

Well the RFID tags have a range of only a few feet, so that wouldn't really help much unless they also installed RFID readers everywhere.
We can use the zebra to find tagged items, why not these? Still a real pain in the ass but if you can narrow the search it's something

We can use the zebra to find tagged items, why not these? Still a real pain in the ass but if you can narrow the search it's something
It would be useless unless you know the general area where it was lost. Otherwise you would have to walk slowly and methodically up and down every single aisle, past every single endcap and softlines table, down every backroom aisle in every stockroom, in every office and desk, and every locker. It would take hours to properly search every area, and even then you might not find it if the tag came off, it was stolen, or if the scanner just didn't read it for no reason at all.

I put ours at the same location. I don’t see any other available spots that won’t eventually get rubbed off or interferes with the clip on hand trigger.

15000581322931654163378.jpg

Back