MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

MyAlerts, MPM2.0 and Learn@Target all going away. Being rolled into one app. Pilot results are the new app sucks. All the information I don't need shoved in my face. All the information I do need not available or barely functioning. Was truly fun today when MyAlerts was shut off by corporate without telling us too.
Have a picture you could take? Sounds like dumpster fire.

What’s it called?

Listen y’all know I’ve been wanting to consolidate apps but those seem like the most random apps to combine. Why not myalerts with that other new news app that my store still doesn’t have?

It's called MyDay.

My District is the first to roll it out. I'm not sure why they are rolling all of those apps into one. It sucks. I do not need alerts for problems at a register when I'm doing OPUs. But, that's what I get now.

It does have some useful stuff in it. I like the news alerts. But, I can't check my stats in it and I need to know them. I cannot go back and see exactly what items have been INFed and I really, really NEED to know that. I know when someone gets a RedCard though. So, there's that. I guess.

So... we just got all that useful SFS data in MPM, and they're removing it?

At least maybe we'll finally get meal alerts without turning on LOD alerts, so we can warn other TMs that they're about to hit compliance without needing to hear about every recall, redcard, and PCV warning.

MyAlerts, MPM2.0 and Learn@Target all going away. Being rolled into one app. Pilot results are the new app sucks. All the information I don't need shoved in my face. All the information I do need not available or barely functioning. Was truly fun today when MyAlerts was shut off by corporate without telling us too.

And mycomm, and more. Today was the first day
alerting was turned on. I'm all ears if you've got ideas to make it better.

Just an initial base crock. I needed to get this out the door so folks here stop fighting about what they think you need and y'all can tell us.
That’s the problem. Not to impure your work, but the fact they fight about what they THINK we need vs. what could actually be useful and what WE—the people who interact with these apps on a daily basis—actually need.

And mycomm, and more. Today was the first day
alerting was turned on. I'm all ears if you've got ideas to make it better.
If you're on the alerts team can you pretty please fix get for guest OPU alerts... With pickup they're still not working ... Idk if there's even an option to trigger in pickup

Also would be great to have workbench there too to pull up guides news etc on zebras

Last edited:
I can drop some pictures in here tomorrow if someone doesn't beat new to it.

Rest assured, that's my dumpster fire. It's been a while. Give it a little time and keep telling us what it ought to be, that's what it'll be.
That would be awesome, thanks!

If you're on the alerts team can you pretty please fix get for guest OPU alerts... With pickup they're still not working ... Idk if there's even an option to trigger in pickup
I’ve never seen a Get for Guest option. I thought there was supposed to an option for relocating orders in different hold locations.

That’s the problem. Not to impure your work, but the fact they fight about what they THINK we need vs. what could actually be useful and what WE—the people who interact with these apps on a daily basis—actually need.

That's why I'm ok shipping imperfection. I take the "they need this" argument away, because you tell me what you need ... Perhaps more importantly, what you don't want. Update, iterate, all that. Lots of folks are trying to decide what the next most important thing is (I presume they mean well), but you've got to tell me, so I can course correct.

That's why I'm ok shipping imperfection. I take the "they need this" argument away, because you tell me what you need ... Perhaps more importantly, what you don't want. Update, iterate, all that. Lots of folks are trying to decide what the next most important thing is (I presume they mean well), but you've got to tell me, so I can course correct.
What apps do you work on?

Back