MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

That's why I'm ok shipping imperfection. I take the "they need this" argument away, because you tell me what you need ... Perhaps more importantly, what you don't want. Update, iterate, all that. Lots of folks are trying to decide what the next most important thing is (I presume they mean well), but you've got to tell me, so I can course correct.

There are issues with the alerts in MyDay. We get them, but the list in the app doesn't refresh. The only alerts listed are the ones that were in there when the TM first logged in for the day. And, they all say they were from 1 minute ago. That never changes. If we have the device on and we have MyDay up, then we see the alert at the top of the screen. Otherwise, we don't know what the alert was for. This kind of defeats the entire purpose of getting alerts.

There are issues with the alerts in MyDay. We get them, but the list in the app doesn't refresh. The only alerts listed are the ones that were in there when the TM first logged in for the day. And, they all say they were from 1 minute ago. That never changes. If we have the device on and we have MyDay up, then we see the alert at the top of the screen. Otherwise, we don't know what the alert was for. This kind of defeats the entire purpose of getting alerts.

I'm tracking. The 1m ago bug is being sorted (the alert time from another system is setting alert time to task time which isn't right or helpful), that'll be fixed in the next go around. For the refresh, see if it refreshes if you switch to another tab and back. (It may not look like it's refreshing if they all say the same time). Either way we'll get the refresh bug sorted out Monday. If we have trouble seeing the background alert behavior, I might PM you and we'll get on the phone and fix it.

Our plan is to ship updates often (every couple weeks, more if I get my way). Maybe sooner if we've got enough alert things to sort out.

I'm tracking. The 1m ago bug is being sorted (the alert time from another system is setting alert time to task time which isn't right or helpful), that'll be fixed in the next go around. For the refresh, see if it refreshes if you switch to another tab and back. (It may not look like it's refreshing if they all say the same time). Either way we'll get the refresh bug sorted out Monday. If we have trouble seeing the background alert behavior, I might PM you and we'll get on the phone and fix it.

Our plan is to ship updates often (every couple weeks, more if I get my way). Maybe sooner if we've got enough alert things to sort out.

Alerts aren't refreshing when switching tabs. By the way, I really like the look and there is a lot of useful information in the app. Nice to have total sales, current deals, and communications in one place. I just need the alerts sorted and flex fill data added in, and I'm mostly good to go. Not sure about other work centers. I'll ask around the store.

what do the alerts for Service and Engagement look like?

So the concept of myNotes is great. Note taking on the device I use is pretty efficient. The down side is when I shut it down or have to reboot because of constant scanner issues or just signing out of an app, I lose whatever notes I have. I know it says you will lose if the app is quit, but with the constant rebooting it’s almost a useless app.

So the concept of myNotes is great. Note taking on the device I use is pretty efficient. The down side is when I shut it down or have to reboot because of constant scanner issues or just signing out of an app, I lose whatever notes I have. I know it says you will lose if the app is quit, but with the constant rebooting it’s almost a useless app.
Yeah if it doesn’t save it’s not helpful (pinging @mobileFellow)

How big a space would you need to be kept over time? one 'page' of notes that stayed around for say a max of a week, a day, 15m as long as you were logged in, 30 days or something else? Anything is possible, I'll look at how much its used to see where it fits into the grand scheme.

Is anyone else experiencing a lot of “Not Connected to Network” issues with MyDevices lately?

As others said, yes it is for hearing/speech impaired guests or team members. There's actually a hidden speech to text button but its disabled because the settings for it let you get into the device settings (will be fixed when myDevices update to Oreo) and saving any notes is apparently against some data privacy or something? Idk.

As others said, yes it is for hearing/speech impaired guests or team members. There's actually a hidden speech to text button but its disabled because the settings for it let you get into the device settings (will be fixed when myDevices update to Oreo) and saving any notes is apparently against some data privacy or something? Idk.
I get into the Android settings all the time. Don’t change anything just being nosy. Lol

Back