MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Sloth

Market
MyAlerts keeps track of when TMs punched in and knows when they should be taking a lunch or clocking out. Why is such a thing limited to MyAlerts though, and why just LOD alerts? If Target is serious about hitting compliance and preventing overtime, why aren't all logged in TMs sent an alert when they're approaching either?

Or, if that's outside the scope of those apps, why not introduce a new type of alert that's specifically for Team Members to use? I usually select LOD alerts, but then I'm constantly be pinged for recall notices and FF alerts. Allow me to select one that's specifically for compliance and clocking out, and only for myself.

tholmes

Electronics TL
MyAlerts keeps track of when TMs punched in and knows when they should be taking a lunch or clocking out. Why is such a thing limited to MyAlerts though, and why just LOD alerts? If Target is serious about hitting compliance and preventing overtime, why aren't all logged in TMs sent an alert when they're approaching either?

Or, if that's outside the scope of those apps, why not introduce a new type of alert that's specifically for Team Members to use? I usually select LOD alerts, but then I'm constantly be pinged for recall notices and FF alerts. Allow me to select one that's specifically for compliance and clocking out, and only for myself.
From a leader's view, I don't want this. When the alert drops for a meal, you're already fifteen mins from compliance and that's far longer than is safe to have TMs waiting to go. More to the point, it's an accountability thing. The TM is accountable for watching their own time and going when they need to, the alert is there in case something happens that prevents the TM from leaving for their meal. I already see leads pushing their compliance based on the second alert for meal, and I would rather not have the team at large developing a reliance on the alert system in the same way.

Sloth

Market
From a leader's view, I don't want this. When the alert drops for a meal, you're already fifteen mins from compliance and that's far longer than is safe to have TMs waiting to go. More to the point, it's an accountability thing. The TM is accountable for watching their own time and going when they need to, the alert is there in case something happens that prevents the TM from leaving for their meal. I already see leads pushing their compliance based on the second alert for meal, and I would rather not have the team at large developing a reliance on the alert system in the same way.
I don't see the difference between such functionality and TMs deciding to wear a watch and setting their alarm for 15 minutes before hitting compliance. If they're already capable of doing the latter, why not just implement the former? Saves the company money in the long-term.

As far as accountability, eh. Leads/Leaders should be held accountable for when TMs hit compliance, yet they get a tool to help them. They should all already know when their TMs clock in, and they have access to clocks and a walkie to ensure TMs don't hit compliance or clock out on time. MyAlerts exists to make their job easier. It's only fair for TMs to get a similar tool.

Amanda Cantwell

Guest Service & Photo
@mobilelady @tmap98

something posted on reddit that once I saw I realized seems to be true...

mywork 2.0 no longer shows the last selling price of a missed salvage item, like 1.0 did. This function is super helpful to GSTMs-- many times guests will come to us from cashiers who didn't know what to do when they saw the "how much is this" prompt. We usually just let them have it for last selling price, but now we have no way to check it, since 2.0 just says "0.00" for all salvage.

REDcardJJ

Service and Engagement
@mobilelady @tmap98

something posted on reddit that once I saw I realized seems to be true...

mywork 2.0 no longer shows the last selling price of a missed salvage item, like 1.0 did. This function is super helpful to GSTMs-- many times guests will come to us from cashiers who didn't know what to do when they saw the "how much is this" prompt. We usually just let them have it for last selling price, but now we have no way to check it, since 2.0 just says "0.00" for all salvage.
use the price change app

Alexbegt

Hardlines Team Member
Does anyone know why a device would magically lose it's MPM2.0 app and how to get the app back onto the device?

Does anyone know why a device would magically lose it's MPM2.0 app and how to get the app back onto the device?
Don't know why it happens but to get the app back or any app that disappears back you need to call CSC and give them the zebra number located in mysettings and they add the app back.

Alexbegt

Hardlines Team Member
Don't know why it happens but to get the app back or any app that disappears back you need to call CSC and give them the zebra number located in mysettings and they add the app back.
Oh okay! Thanks so much :)

For the audit app, when checking multiple locations it tells me to check backroom locations? Is that new? Like auditing doesn't take long enough!! Particularly mini seasonal.

no nix nein

Queen of the Weekend Warriors
For the audit app, when checking multiple locations it tells me to check backroom locations? Is that new? Like auditing doesn't take long enough!! Particularly mini seasonal.
No, it use to do that all the time for electronics in the beginning. I haven’t done the audit in a while but I’m sure it still does.

taytay

Engineer
Can we fix the scanning issue, please?
I am not sure which scanning issue you're talking about as there isn't any known to me at the moment.
If you don't have time to call CSC, please let me know which apps you're seeing the scanner lock as it's likely a bug preventing the scanner from unlocking.

Alexbegt

Hardlines Team Member
Does anyone else have an issue with the zebra repair portal? We have been trying to send out mydevices but whenever we try to load the repair portal, it loads to a blank screen. Also, when sending out a mycheckout for repair, do we send the entire device in its boot case or try to remove it?

seasonaldude

Waiting for your kid to get out of my way in toys
I am not sure which scanning issue you're talking about as there isn't any known to me at the moment.
If you don't have time to call CSC, please let me know which apps you're seeing the scanner lock as it's likely a bug preventing the scanner from unlocking.
MyWork 2.0 results in scanner lock frequently and requires rebooting the device to fix.