MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

When can we have the option to print regular price 7x11 or 4x11 signs? I have to wait until the sale is over to make one which is ridiculous.

Half my tv wall are not signed because of this issue.

Does anyone else have an issue with the zebra repair portal? We have been trying to send out mydevices but whenever we try to load the repair portal, it loads to a blank screen. Also, when sending out a mycheckout for repair, do we send the entire device in its boot case or try to remove it?
Send the entire device in its case.

Antennae

BROPU
Anyone else getting logged out every 10-15 minutes or so even if you're actively using the device for MyWork, Move, or ePick?

Anyone else getting logged out every 10-15 minutes or so even if you're actively using the device for MyWork, Move, or ePick?
It doesn't log me out of all apps only myAlerts. And it's throughout most of my shift. So then I don't get the alert for an incoming OPU. Luckily I haven't missed one yet but. If it keeps happening I'm sure I will.

When can we have the option to print regular price 7x11 or 4x11 signs? I have to wait until the sale is over to make one which is ridiculous.

I haven't tried this in awhile but there was an option in signs & labels where you could scroll down past the current week sign options to the next week's if the item was on sale currently. That way you could print the regular price sign if that's what you needed. Maybe that option went away though?

RunForACallBox

Fulfillment TM
MyWork 2.0 results in scanner lock frequently and requires rebooting the device to fix.
This is the main app I see scanner lock with lately. Also while I’m on the subject. My store has several myDevices that will I guess the best word is “refresh” while you are in ePick, Move, or really any app and will kick you back to the main screen of said app and the scanner will stop and force a reboot. The Maine screen icons will blink away for a split second and reload. It usually happens every 2-3 minutes. The only work around I found was keeping the myDevice on the main screen while I’m hunting the item I’m looking for, scanning it and then going back to the main screen while I hunt the next item. And this has been doing this for months. Is this a device issue or software issue? It feels like my store is the only one plagued by this. @taytay @mobilelady

I haven't tried this in awhile but there was an option in signs & labels where you could scroll down past the current week sign options to the next week's if the item was on sale currently. That way you could print the regular price sign if that's what you needed. Maybe that option went away though?
Yeah.. that was removed from mywork 2.0 last I checked

SuperTarget

Service Advocate/GSTM
This is the main app I see scanner lock with lately. Also while I’m on the subject. My store has several myDevices that will I guess the best word is “refresh” while you are in ePick, Move, or really any app and will kick you back to the main screen of said app and the scanner will stop and force a reboot. The Maine screen icons will blink away for a split second and reload. It usually happens every 2-3 minutes. The only work around I found was keeping the myDevice on the main screen while I’m hunting the item I’m looking for, scanning it and then going back to the main screen while I hunt the next item. And this has been doing this for months. Is this a device issue or software issue? It feels like my store is the only one plagued by this. @taytay @mobilelady
Have you tried a device reset from the Settings app? Usually takes 30 minutes to an hour to reload all the apps.

no nix nein

Queen of the Weekend Warriors

And this is why our TV wall has looked like shit forever.

taytay

Engineer
I might double check on this. Last communication my store received was that if you sent the case as well, you were liable yto not get it back with the case
If you're sending back myCheckout, you should NOT remove cases or separate the verifone.
If you're sending back a myDevice you should remove the case because you're correct on that front. They are orderable on sap if you require more

BoxCutter

Cut hard. Cut deep.
I always thought the covers should be available in different colors, and each area in the store assigned a certain number of myDevices all the same color. I think it would help with equipment management.

Alexbegt

Hardlines Team Member
I always thought the covers should be available in different colors, and each area in the store assigned a certain number of myDevices all the same color. I think it would help with equipment management.
We assign ours by department instead of numbers, it actually works well.

If you're sending back myCheckout, you should NOT remove cases or separate the verifone.
If you're sending back a myDevice you should remove the case because you're correct on that front. They are orderable on sap if you require more
I called CSC yesterday and that’s exactly what they told me, send it all in.

CSC also showed me how to get to the new zebra repair portal as the link on workbench is broken/old

MyDevices being segregated is the worst. We always had like 30 devices never used because they were for pricing, pog, etc. Once we stopped separating them everyone who needed a myDevice suddenly always had one. :)

can't touch this

Store Meme Leader
We had our Zebras segregated by department for about two weeks with a sign out sheet after the new ones came in last Q4, but it didn't last long. The first and older set we got after the iPods went away are all trashed now with cracked screens and/or fucked up buttons that you have to bear down on like the trigger of an actual gun, which REALLY blows when you're trying to pull, backstock, audit or whatever else that involves repeated scanning. Until the sign out sheet disappeared I was having to sneak into the STL's office with an old device and do a little switcheroo for a new one so I could do my job without somebody hunting me down to take it back. Apparently nobody else at my store knows that you can tell the crappy ones from the good ones (which are now mixed together) by looking for the cellular signal bar next to the battery meter - the new ones have an LTE chipset and the old ones don't. Heh heh heh.

RunForACallBox

Fulfillment TM
I agree, some screen burn ins here are really bad, especially on the devices still around from day one
When I was at my old store I used to press the sleep button on all the ones that were not in use so they wouldn’t do that. It was futile sometimes.

busyzoningtoys

Closing Lead
CVS uses the same devices and they have red bumpers. I’m trying so hard to source one, but they are a custom part for CVS so they can’t be ordered from zebra/symbol. No availability anywhere online. There is a cool blue integrated clip and blue battery available for the healthcare version of the device though, and both are cheap.