MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Pass! I need to look at my screen too much for this to be worthwhile. And it's just another thing to keep track of and sign out every day. I also don't need any new aches and pains and this would definitely wreak havoc on my finger/hands.

For a company like RGIS, this does makes sense because of the work they do. They are simply counting. At Target, we do too many other things with our devices.

Remember back in the PDA days when you could update your backroom with LOCU by fast scanning through all the locations and not even look at the screen? I want that back.
I still accidentally do that. Scan one location and move to the next location but the zebra says “invalid.” I forget I have to press done with each location.

I wish with the finger scanner that it made noise like the device. If I’m sorting a package and my device is over at my packing station and it’s noisy at the stations, it would be beneficial to hear the scan on the finger scanner so I know it sorted to the pallet.

Also, when picking, when we have to enter a quantity for an item, I wish we could do a fast click to represent a number. (Ex:3 quick clicks for a qty of 3).

Finally, when stowing opu, why do we have to press ok after the label prints before we can scan into the hold location.

Any good tips/tricks yet?

So does anyone have the deets on the "Audio Channels" that are on constantly now? We gonna be using MyDevices as Walkies soon?

So does anyone have the deets on the "Audio Channels" that are on constantly now? We gonna be using MyDevices as Walkies soon?
Good lord I hope not. Maybe if you truly have no walkies left it could be a backup, but if they axe walkies for mydevices that would be horrible

Just what we need is the unreliability of the devices to be carried over into walkie conversations...

Half the time I turn the screen on of a mydevice, it won't respond to anything for 5-10 seconds. If we use them to use them instead of walkies, that means anytime you ask for someone you might have to wait 10+ seconds for a response.

It would be a particularly remarkable feat, because they must make sure that the walkies still work without Wi-Fi, using cellular data. Not sure why Zebra just doesn't make a device with RF antenna in it. Actually many phones can listen to radio waves by simply plugging in headphones to the device. The headphones are used as an antenna. Its very strange but that's how it works!

What is that?
PTT Express? It’s on in the background for the vast majority of my store’s myDevices now. Haven’t figured out a way to work it and leaders know nothing about it.

Back