MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I thought the OUTs function was the Fill from Stockroom and put in the quantity you see and it pulls the difference and the Get More option was the EXF... actually I don't think I've ever done it in there but saw when I was testing them out on our install day.
That might be the case. I'm honestly not sure.
It sounds right, or at least the way the PDA apps worked, they work in a similar way. OUTs pull the difference or all if the spot is empty, and EXF (Get More) you enter how much you want in the spot. I keep forgetting everything is streamlined into one app, so every time I think of EXF or OUT the PDA icons pop into my head. I don't know about anyone else's store, but ours are just about terrified to use them. Pricing still uses the PDAs, POG still uses the PDAs except for me, one of our TMs simply hates them and thinks they are useless, she doesn't like change and b****** about anything and everything if it doesn't go her way. And we get the rest of ours this Thursday, so they might as well get used to them, because come February, say goodbye to the PDAs...

I would love to be able to not use two pieces of equipment, but the Mydevice at least for me, has stopped letting me update counts, yeah scan a rig plug a quantity in and I get a exclamation point when I hit update.. And no advisors in my store, no TL at this point he quit and never cared for his two weeks he was our TL, and our supposed go to ETL is a fuckwit.. Who seems to be able to get red cards and that is all he has to do.

So I carry a mydevice, but use a PDA for most things.. Mydevice is handy for creating and deleting locations - so I have been doing some house keeping as I scan.

Two weeks before black Thursday yeah its all good at my store.. :rolleyes:

Has anyone figured out how to see how many prompts for redcards we get? It's gonna be really hard to figure conversion if we don't know how many prompts there are and how many redcards are sold. Yeah, I get alerts, but if I'm closing, I have no idea who got how many during the day.

you can still see them on the PDA but not on the mydevice yet. I check a PDA out and leave it by our sales book and just use that to check sales and prompts throughout the day.

I thought the OUTs function was the Fill from Stockroom and put in the quantity you see and it pulls the difference and the Get More option was the EXF... actually I don't think I've ever done it in there but saw when I was testing them out on our install day.
That might be the case. I'm honestly not sure.
It sounds right, or at least the way the PDA apps worked, they work in a similar way. OUTs pull the difference or all if the spot is empty, and EXF (Get More) you enter how much you want in the spot. I keep forgetting everything is streamlined into one app, so every time I think of EXF or OUT the PDA icons pop into my head. I don't know about anyone else's store, but ours are just about terrified to use them. Pricing still uses the PDAs, POG still uses the PDAs except for me, one of our TMs simply hates them and thinks they are useless, she doesn't like change and b****** about anything and everything if it doesn't go her way. And we get the rest of ours this Thursday, so they might as well get used to them, because come February, say goodbye to the PDAs...

I would love to be able to not use two pieces of equipment, but the Mydevice at least for me, has stopped letting me update counts, yeah scan a rig plug a quantity in and I get a exclamation point when I hit update.. And no advisors in my store, no TL at this point he quit and never cared for his two weeks he was our TL, and our supposed go to ETL is a fuckwit.. Who seems to be able to get red cards and that is all he has to do.

So I carry a mydevice, but use a PDA for most things.. Mydevice is handy for creating and deleting locations - so I have been doing some house keeping as I scan.

Two weeks before black Thursday yeah its all good at my store.. :rolleyes:
I get that exclamation point too sometimes, I just hit it again and it goes in. Never had a problem where is doesn't enter... Wait take that back. Yes I did but I went back on the LPDA I had and it said it had already been entered and scanned... so. Idk. I guess it goofed.

I get that exclamation point too sometimes, I just hit it again and it goes in. Never had a problem where is doesn't enter... Wait take that back. Yes I did but I went back on the LPDA I had and it said it had already been entered and scanned... so. Idk. I guess it goofed.

Mixing different types of devices does tend to cause problems. If one TM does research on a DPCI with the PDA you won't be able to update counts for that DPCI using MyDevice until the next day. This is generally only problematic for multischematic items especially in RIGS since it will guide you to all locations.

Last edited:
^ ok someone with a clue. I know now to let one person do the rigs for the day.

Thank you cause our people haven't a clue.

... Also, *whispers* I set a shortcut on the keyboard settings to type my username/employee number in quicker. The shortcut is 3 keys, but now it finishes it after the first two. Since iOS 8 (it's only been two days lol), it logs me out more often and the password with the numbers and symbols is already enough of a pain. 85% of iPhone users don't seem to know about that function, so I don't think anyone will ever find out at work.

This is the PROTIP I share with my TMs/TLs.

Settings > General > Keyboard > Shortcuts > select the + in the top right corner to enter a new shortcut. In the Phrase input, enter your team member number. In the Shortcut input, put in your initials or some combination of letters that don't spell a word, but that you'll remember.

Example

Phrase: 123456789
Shortcut: abc

Now, whenever you're asked to enter your Team Member number (123456789), just put in the letters (abc) you selected. You'll see your TM number appear in the suggested words column, just above the keyboard. Select it to enter it in the input field; this also adds a space after the TM number, so you'll need to hit the backspace key once before moving onto the password input.

I would not suggest adding your TM password to the shortcut menu, considering that people can see them.

Yea, I didn't add the password. I didn't think it'd even work because of the asterisks. But I wouldn't have either way. My shortcut is now in 3 different iPods. I use my initials.

First real day using these for us. Loved ordering for pfresh. Logging in eight billion times not so much. But they are letting us have two assigned to pfresh, so no fighting for equipment on the floor.

Has anyone else heard they're supposed to be releasing the app for us to use on our personal iPhone/iPod should we choose to? Our logistics ETL was told they were going to do it at the end of summer (just like everyone was supposed to have iPods by then too) but they haven't done it yet.

I would prefer using my own phone honestly. I work HBA smart carts on flow and need to have a PDA/mydevice and would rather not have to fight for one.

Yeah...I'm not going to be using my phone. I mean, I do now occasionally to look something up, but I'm not risking my phone dropping, breaking, dying, etc using it for work all day.

My phone battery doesn't even last that long with constant use. The only way I save batttery on the myDevice is turning the screen brightness down to nothing. Seriously I now leave with almost a full battery than with a dead one like I used to. Try it and see how long it lasts. And I use it all day for scanning and doing Instocks.

My store got downgraded to a C level store earlier this year. Because of that, we switched from pushing the truck from 4-8 to 6-10. By the time we are done with the unload and the bowlers go to get PDAs, Plano, sales team and the bulk of the Backroom team are in so PDAs become an endangered species. Most of our flow team is liking the idea of just using our phones because of that.

One of he most frequent questions barefoot runners hear is "what happens if you step on glass?" The most simplistic and poignant response, don't step on glass. I feel if I'm using my device as opposed to a mydevice, I'm going to be a lot more careful with it. To each his own though. If you don't want to use yours given the option, that's why the store's equipment is there.

Second full week after using the ipods, i am 100%sure it is not counting the pricing score correctly. I have been green consistently for the past 3-4 months, and these last two weeks one week was yellow, the next was red! I was like, what is going on. So i went to the deprtment breakdown and its obvious its not counting all the tickets. Some departments it said I printed 0 tickets! In others some said i only printed 15 out of 300, another was 4 out of 60? I think its only counting tickets i printed off the PDA because a mixture of both have been used. PDA is windows .. ipod is apple. Those can't mesh well. Anyway I am strictly using PDA only this week to prove its the ipods that is causing this decrease in my score. I am wondering though if I use only the ipod and not the pda if it would count correctly? I cant bring myself to just use the ipod becuse it is super slow when scanning softlines. I just hope they fix this issue soon, or at least give me some proper training!

My store got downgraded to a C level store earlier this year. Because of that, we switched from pushing the truck from 4-8 to 6-10. By the time we are done with the unload and the bowlers go to get PDAs, Plano, sales team and the bulk of the Backroom team are in so PDAs become an endangered species. Most of our flow team is liking the idea of just using our phones because of that.

One of he most frequent questions barefoot runners hear is "what happens if you step on glass?" The most simplistic and poignant response, don't step on glass. I feel if I'm using my device as opposed to a mydevice, I'm going to be a lot more careful with it. To each his own though. If you don't want to use yours given the option, that's why the store's equipment is there.

the heck is a barefoot runner what

I didn't used to use these, as there was always an LPDA available and I prefer that, but my last shift there were zero L/PDA's so I was using a MyDevice and it worked surprisingly well, I don't like that the scanner takes a while to wake up after you unlock it and bring up myWork, or it will stop working entirely, requiring a reboot. They are great for helping guests, zoning, and in my opinion CAFs, and they're really light. My store doesn't have many though so they're really tight on equipment control with them. Also, having to use eHR/Workbench login is annoying, wish it could be like the L/PDA's and just use your TM number.

Second full week after using the ipods, i am 100%sure it is not counting the pricing score correctly. I have been green consistently for the past 3-4 months, and these last two weeks one week was yellow, the next was red! I was like, what is going on. So i went to the deprtment breakdown and its obvious its not counting all the tickets. Some departments it said I printed 0 tickets! In others some said i only printed 15 out of 300, another was 4 out of 60? I think its only counting tickets i printed off the PDA because a mixture of both have been used. PDA is windows .. ipod is apple. Those can't mesh well. Anyway I am strictly using PDA only this week to prove its the ipods that is causing this decrease in my score. I am wondering though if I use only the ipod and not the pda if it would count correctly? I cant bring myself to just use the ipod becuse it is super slow when scanning softlines. I just hope they fix this issue soon, or at least give me some proper training!
This is a known issue and will be fixed in January. (No need to prove anything). :) It's best to keep using the iPods.

We finally went live. Once I figured out how to use the thing, I actually didn't mind it. The fact that it goes to sleep so quickly is a little annoying, but I'll take a 2-3 second wake-up time over waiting 5 minutes for Item Search to load, and I didn't have to reboot at all. Once the logistics apps and whatnot get migrated over, it might actually be somewhat useful.

But the damn things are locked in the control room, so that means walkie-ing for a LOD to come open the control room. Reminds me of when our equipment cabinet used to be locked and we had to wait 3 eternities for someone to unlock it.

Has anyone else heard they're supposed to be releasing the app for us to use on our personal iPhone/iPod should we choose to? Our logistics ETL was told they were going to do it at the end of summer (just like everyone was supposed to have iPods by then too) but they haven't done it yet.

I would prefer using my own phone honestly. I work HBA smart carts on flow and need to have a PDA/mydevice and would rather not have to fight for one.
There is no plan to ever put the myWork app on team member devices... (not even on ETL, STL, DTL iPhones). This is due mostly to security related issues.

As if they're gonna be stolen from lock up. They're gonna get stolen when I - I mean somebody - leaves it in a cart on or on a table or in the qmos bin.

Okay I'm sorry but as much as I like it (so much faster at scanning, great for zoning) why the hell did it not have the subt app or half the other things we use on a daily basis? It's basically a glorified Item Search.
In my personal opinion, SUBT was an oversight. By the time it was caught, there was limited time to finish making the app. So order, fill, in stocks, price change, print, search, POG/item ties got the attention. There simply wasn't enough time to add SUBT before Black Friday; but, the good news is that it'll be beta testing in a couple stores next week and in all stores in January (along with the other things you use on a daily basis) :)

This is a known issue and will be fixed in January. (No need to prove anything). :) It's best to keep using the iPods.

Well i first have to prove to my ETL that the reason the score was bad was because of the ipods. I dont think he believed me when I told him it was the ipods fault

As if they're gonna be stolen from lock up. They're gonna get stolen when I - I mean somebody - leaves it in a cart on or on a table or in the qmos bin.
One of ours has already been stolen. A guest stole it. Now we have only 17 instead of the 18... and now we are down to 15 since two are out of commission, they wouldnt update today when we got our Phase 2 install .

the iPods are neat. Glorified Item Search, yes. Rather have it than be leashed to a call box scanner. I do question why Flow seems to gobble up the PDAs though. Only to use Item Search or NOP anyways. Just use an iPod and free up PDAs for backroom and other process teams who will use more efficiently.

Back