MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Is it common for other stores to have devices that just will never reconnect to tcwireless? Apparently syncing them on the guest wifi is not working and half of my store's myDevice fleet is out of commission.

And another question...

Is there a known issue that is causing the myDevice to disconnect in the first place?

Apparently the on-hand count isn't connected to the stockroom location system. Or else research is just buggy.

Yes, there can be 0 OH but still something stowed, to prevent BR errors and RSCH errors. Something I have been trying to teach the team is that if the mydevices says "7 on hand (7 in back)" it doesn't mean we have 14, it means we have 7 and they're all in the back. Such was the issue with the new 3DS, there were none on the shelf because they were all in the back, we received 35 and the mydevice said "35 on hand (35 in back)" and TMs would be telling guests we had 70.

This is an issue on the pda as well, but was hoping it didn't migrate to the new os. Shows one stowed out back but zero on hand. Math is not a strong with this programs.

Apparently the on-hand count isn't connected to the stockroom location system. Or else research is just buggy.

Yes, there can be 0 OH but still something stowed, to prevent BR errors and RSCH errors.
Yep, this is a sign the item needs to be researched as the count is off, if you were to pull that 1 in back to the sales floor and then sell it you will have -1 OH, nonsensical of course, but it's a good sign something is wrong with the item.
We are also working on the ability to add in the back room qty (BRQ) when researching which will help to eliminate some of these issues in the future. The item will still have to be researched though to correct the counts.
Weird errors like these will remain for the forceable future though due to the sales floor being a lot less predictable than the back room (we can't magically decrease OHs when an item gets stolen sadly), but this is why the research process will still be used.

Something I have been trying to teach the team is that if the mydevices says "7 on hand (7 in back)" it doesn't mean we have 14, it means we have 7 and they're all in the back. Such was the issue with the new 3DS, there were none on the shelf because they were all in the back, we received 35 and the mydevice said "35 on hand (35 in back)" and TMs would be telling guests we had 70.

I'd be interested in if this was a common misconception, we purposefully used the parenthesis as to show that the "in back" was part of "on hand". We've been playing with the idea of swapping OHs out for "on floor" so that you might see something like "0 on floor + 35 in back" instead of "35 on hand (35 in back)" to give better insight into how sales floor replenishment will happen, but it looks like it might even help to clear up what the numbers mean.

Yep, this is a sign the item needs to be researched as the count is off, if you were to pull that 1 in back to the sales floor and then sell it you will have -1 OH, nonsensical of course, but it's a good sign something is wrong with the item.
We are also working on the ability to add in the back room qty (BRQ) when researching which will help to eliminate some of these issues in the future. The item will still have to be researched though to correct the counts.
Weird errors like these will remain for the forceable future though due to the sales floor being a lot less predictable than the back room (we can't magically decrease OHs when an item gets stolen sadly), but this is why the research process will still be used.

I'd be interested in if this was a common misconception, we purposefully used the parenthesis as to show that the "in back" was part of "on hand". We've been playing with the idea of swapping OHs out for "on floor" so that you might see something like "0 on floor + 35 in back" instead of "35 on hand (35 in back)" to give better insight into how sales floor replenishment will happen, but it looks like it might even help to clear up what the numbers mean.
I like the "on floor" instead of OH. Obviously we understand the difference but to new people it could be confusing to see 35 on hand (35 in back) and thinking 70!

If you have an "on floor" count and a "in back"count, what about the inevitable times when some of the items are sitting on a pull for 2 days that haven't been pushed or a back stock cart or in reshop? If you're researching, and trying to be accurate, those situations are going to mess you up if there isn't an overall on hand count. Or am I over thinking this?

We have the same problem, I've found it's best to log in and scan something at the check lanes, before heading to the back of the store only to find out that (1) the MyDevice won't connect to the wireless or (2) it won't scan.

What I've found to help with the disconnect is to open the setting app & touch Wi-Fi and let it open and let the iPod connect to a router again. The handoff between routers on the iPod is terrible. I don't think it knows what to do.

If you have an "on floor" count and a "in back"count, what about the inevitable times when some of the items are sitting on a pull for 2 days that haven't been pushed or a back stock cart or in reshop? If you're researching, and trying to be accurate, those situations are going to mess you up if there isn't an overall on hand count. Or am I over thinking this?

I don't think think you are over thinking it, we aren't planning on removing on hand in research mode as that is very much needed. The only question is in research mode do we continue to show on hand and in back, or do we try and add in the "on floor" count in addition to the other 2 numbers.

Also for some additional background on floor will be the replacement for sales accumulator. For a very basic example say you have a single loc item that has a capacity of 10 and 3 on floor, the system will know that it needs to put in a pull for 7 to fill the sales floor. So with insight into the back-end workings along with being able to edit capacities it should make it much easier to correct items that are being over/under replenished.

I don't see the point of "on floor" numbers. It would be an easy calculation, but seems superfluous. Plus, like someone else mentioned, there's no guarantee that the "on floor" product is actually on the floor.

I think it would be great if "on floor" replaced the sales accumulator if the capacities updated immediately when tying new pogs and breaking old ties. That could eliminate overpulling on pog pulls and the need for subt9999. I just don't see the need to actually see the number on the floor. If I can see capacities, I can already tell you what's going to have replenishment issues.

Please excuse if this has already been asked, I couldn't find it. Is there a way to do a mspk on the my device? I couldn't figure it out.

I just noticed the new update and I see there's an "Order" button when you scan an item. Does this mean team members can order more merchandise?

index.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 158
Isn't that the order function for Pfresh and Food Ave/Starbucks. GM replenishment is handled by instocks, sales and whatever arcane processes happen at the distribution centers.

I'm beginning to think that my store is on one of the early update cycles. Has anyone else received SDA and PCV yet? I said something about tying pogs during dinner and my SO didn't even know they could do that (they work at a different store). I don't get my hands on a myDevice very often so I don't know what has changed recently or how well SDA and PCV works.

I'm beginning to think that my store is on one of the early update cycles. Has anyone else received SDA and PCV yet? I said something about tying pogs during dinner and my SO didn't even know they could do that (they work at a different store). I don't get my hands on a myDevice very often so I don't know what has changed recently or how well SDA and PCV works.

We have both functions, though I haven't used either one. For PCV, you switch to Price Audit mode (like Research or Price Change). For SDA, when you scan an item, you have the option to add an expiration date. I'm not sure how you work the SDA tasks though - someone from consumables will have to answer that.

We get our update Monday.

Back