MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I don't think think you are over thinking it, we aren't planning on removing on hand in research mode as that is very much needed. The only question is in research mode do we continue to show on hand and in back, or do we try and add in the "on floor" count in addition to the other 2 numbers.

Also for some additional background on floor will be the replacement for sales accumulator. For a very basic example say you have a single loc item that has a capacity of 10 and 3 on floor, the system will know that it needs to put in a pull for 7 to fill the sales floor. So with insight into the back-end workings along with being able to edit capacities it should make it much easier to correct items that are being over/under replenished.
I think that this is amazing! This will make the system far more transparent and predictable, which is exactly what I need for my PFresh department. Trying to manipulate the sales accumulator/capacities is frustrating, but my leaders have put more and more pressure to have every facing full. One question: what is/will be the quantity threshold for the system to pull an item? Thank you for your work on this!

We have both functions, though I haven't used either one. For PCV, you switch to Price Audit mode (like Research or Price Change). For SDA, when you scan an item, you have the option to add an expiration date. I'm not sure how you work the SDA tasks though - someone from consumables will have to answer that.
Did this for the first time today! You click on the profile, choose "Check Dates" as your work, and the screen changes to the black frame with the next item to scan listed on the bottom. Expanding it will display the entire list. Simply scan the prompted item and it will allow you to choose one of the four options (they're worded a little different, can't remember what they are exactly). However, there is no longer the options for item not found or out of stock. You must scan the barcode/key the DPCI and just say OK to clear the item.

I'm beginning to think that my store is on one of the early update cycles. Has anyone else received SDA and PCV yet? I said something about tying pogs during dinner and my SO didn't even know they could do that (they work at a different store). I don't get my hands on a myDevice very often so I don't know what has changed recently or how well SDA and PCV works.
Tying pogs was one of the earliest features we created, it's been around for awhile.

I think that this is amazing! This will make the system far more transparent and predictable, which is exactly what I need for my PFresh department. Trying to manipulate the sales accumulator/capacities is frustrating, but my leaders have put more and more pressure to have every facing full. One question: what is/will be the quantity threshold for the system to pull an item? Thank you for your work on this!
That's a complex question, the trigger percentages are set by the fill groups for either a specific group of stores or an individual store. So the short answer is "it varies". I do however expect much of this to get vastly simplified as we migrate to the new system. So it should be a little more predictable in the future.

Is there an auto-toss option? There really needs to be an auto-toss option.
If you scan an item and toss it, the next item you scan will bring you to the toss screen with 1 auto filled in so you just have to hit TOSS. It will stay in this auto-toss "mode" until you break the flow.

@RetailWorld its not like QMOS now where you can "key qty or scan next." It will stay in the toss screen, but you have to hit toss after every scan.

I love how you can view all your pay scans on a mydevice. It comes in handy when a guest wants multiple items from the backroom.

Also, how if you switch devices, your search history comes with you. Handy for when I am asked to turn in my myDevice for my 45 so someone can use it, and get a different one when I come back from lunch.

Also, how if you switch devices, your search history comes with you. Handy for when I am asked to turn in my myDevice for my 45 so someone can use it, and get a different one when I come back from lunch.
Still some kinks to work out, but the more I discover about it, the move I love.

If you scan an item and toss it, the next item you scan will bring you to the toss screen with 1 auto filled in so you just have to hit TOSS. It will stay in this auto-toss "mode" until you break the flow.

I mean while doing the SDA. If you select that some are expired, will it ask how many are expired and auto-toss it? Right now the way the SDA works is that you work your task list, collect a cart of expired product, then process it. It'd be more efficient if you can toss it while you're doing the SDA quickly and seamlessly.

I mean while doing the SDA. If you select that some are expired, will it ask how many are expired and auto-toss it? Right now the way the SDA works is that you work your task list, collect a cart of expired product, then process it. It'd be more efficient if you can toss it while you're doing the SDA quickly and seamlessly.
That would be a huge time saver! Great idea.

Edit: except for the items that have to be defected, which I've always thought was so stupid. Make all food Qmos-able someone please

That would be a huge time saver! Great idea.

Edit: except for the items that have to be defected, which I've always thought was so stupid. Make all food Qmos-able someone please
Not possible with vendor goods. Different cost streams. Vendors offset returned/defected goods, we eat the cost of regularly tossed items.

Still going to be able to print backstock barcodes (monarch labels). Guessing it might stay on pdas with backroom sda?

Also still praying for a choice for backroom/salesfloor for sda so I'm not over pulling.

Yes; we're working on combining SDA, SUBT, & QMOS when you stumble upon an expired item in the stockroom. You'll notice that the title will switch to say "Take & Toss" (rather than "Check Dates") when the item is expired. Similar functionality when the item is expired on the salesfloor. I forget if that was part of this release or the next one... but it's coming soon if it's not there yet.

I'm not sure if this is a known glitch, but when backstocking with the MyDevice, I'll sometimes get an operation failed message, and have to re-scan the location. At other times, the screen blacks out all together, crashing MyWork.

I'm not sure if this is a known glitch, but when backstocking with the MyDevice, I'll sometimes get an operation failed message, and have to re-scan the location. At other times, the screen blacks out all together, crashing MyWork.
I'm not aware of this issue.... maybe @OtherGuy is. By chance are you able to figure out a pattern? Like, is it always a certain backroom location, or always after 15 scans, or time of day? That'll help us figure it out.

I'm not aware of this issue.... maybe @OtherGuy is. By chance are you able to figure out a pattern? Like, is it always a certain backroom location, or always after 15 scans, or time of day? That'll help us figure it out.

I'd say random. I went 30 min with no problems, then had 3 in the next 10 min.

The only pattern I've seen is when you backstock from the main scan screen. I backstock from the Details screen so I can Smart STOW, and on that screen I never come across that issue anymore. But from the main screen, I do encounter it.

The only pattern I've seen is when you backstock from the main scan screen. I backstock from the Details screen so I can Smart STOW, and on that screen I never come across that issue anymore. But from the main screen, I do encounter it.
I didn't realize you could sto from the main screen till today. I normally do it in detail so I can rearrange easier. Sto/take is right there in detail screen.

I've had it happen during both, and for items that do not require a quantity (Dog food pallet). Many of my recent occurrences were when I was putting away a lot of Easter with no current locations. There are times when the device has to think for a moment after an item is scanned (little grey wheel spinning). This may be when the error happens because people may be scanning the location too early? With the RF application the unit would eventually catch up to the user.

Question: Are you still getting kicked out of the app (where you have to re-enter your TM# and password) every now and then? I was working in stores yesterday and was surprised that I had re-login 4 different times. It's supposed to only log you off automatically if you switch devices or let it sit idle for 2 hours. Curious to know what you experience.

Hmmm, this is the first time I have heard of it. I just spent 10 minutes straight scanning items and locations as quickly as possible on both screens, with both items that need qty and don't and items that have backroom locs and don't. It worked fine every time. The one thing I can think of was we fixed an inventory unknown issue in standard mode with the recent release which is still being rolled out, I'd be interested to know if this issue is still happening in version 25.66 as either that fix or something else could have fixed the issue without us even knowing about it.

Last edited:
Question: Are you still getting kicked out of the app (where you have to re-enter your TM# and password) every now and then? I was working in stores yesterday and was surprised that I had re-login 4 different times. It's supposed to only log you off automatically if you switch devices or let it sit idle for 2 hours. Curious to know what you experience.
I did happen to me on Saturday. I was thinking spot wifi was having a bad day. The scanner had stop working & I did a cold reboot on my device to fix that.

Not me personally. I log in at 7am and don't see the log in screen again until 3:30pm when I log out. Now REDwire is a different story. I have to log out/in every hour to have consistent alerts.

I've had it happen during both, and for items that do not require a quantity (Dog food pallet). Many of my recent occurrences were when I was putting away a lot of Easter with no current locations. There are times when the device has to think for a moment after an item is scanned (little grey wheel spinning). This may be when the error happens because people may be scanning the location too early? With the RF application the unit would eventually catch up to the user.
I will miss that about RF apps. Scan what you need & key and let it catch up. You will confuse the iPDA doing that, haha.

Back