MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

We just got them this past week. When I looked at it before it went "hot" there wasn't a way to use it for repack (sim-on pda) or to make tags for clothes (bar codes- ) nor a place for pricing ( 3-clearance tags) . I haven't checked since ... now that its oficial can they do this? Or do we still use the Pda's? Thanks!

Okay, so today I got one for the first time since that time last month or whenever, and I may be able to print, but there's no sim so I still can't do the online item with it. When I scan online items/things not sold in our store, I just get that thing that says 0.

You can apparently listen to music on these things via iTunes radio in the music though lol. They didn't block it. I listened to a song on like the lowest volume possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so today I got one for the first time since that time last month or whenever, and I may be and to print, but there's no sim so I still can't do the online item with it. When I scan online items/things not sold in our store, I just get that thing that says 0.

You can apparently listen to music on these things via iTunes radio in the music so though lol. They didn't block it. I listened to a song on like the lowest volume possible.
Just FYI, TLs are supposed to coach any TMs caught listening to music or watching videos. Not like it's a big deal, most TLs are pretty lax if you're in the backroom. And not like coaching is anything more than a slap on the wrist lol.

I just listened to the one song because I couldn't believe it was possible. Other stuff is blocked, but music isn't. So weird.

I printed something! I figured it out, sorta. I can print shelf labels only, though. And there's definitely no sim. I clicked on everything looking for it. Just ended up taking the item to the fitting room because she has a pda.

Safari's there, but I'm not sure how far it lets you go. I didn't try anything on it. It opens up to a page about updating the my device apps.

YouTube is a automatic coaching as well. And the devices are being monitored. So people from HQ could pop in and see what your doing

What happens if you break something? I dropped my old iPod touch a million times with no problems (I'd still have it, but poverty led to eBay) but I dropped the thing at work today, and then the button on the side didn't work for a while and there was some malfunctioning going on. A restart brought it back mostly. One of the side buttons is iffy, but now I'm curious about what happens if it didn't.

On another note, I still can't get over the fact that there's no sim, but iTunes radio? Sure. Wait, what happens if you can get your ear buds into the headphone jack and you listen to music during break? Still a coaching? I have no reason to do this, but I'm a curious person.

Okay, so today I got one for the first time since that time last month or whenever, and I may be and to print, but there's no sim so I still can't do the online item with it. When I scan online items/things not sold in our store, I just get that thing that says 0.

You can apparently listen to music on these things via iTunes radio in the music so though lol. They didn't block it. I listened to a song on like the lowest volume possible.
Just FYI, TLs are supposed to coach any TMs caught listening to music or watching videos. Not like it's a big deal, most TLs are pretty lax if you're in the backroom. And not like coaching is anything more than a slap on the wrist lol.
Who coaches the TLs when they're doing it? :)

Not sure when SIM and other apps will be added, I did read that they're exploring the possibility of adding backroom functions in 2015 (I honestly feel that'd be a disaster), as well as walkie-talkie abilities. MyPerformance will be added soon as well. I would LOVE the ability to get onto Workbench, Online Plano, and other store reports.

Maybe I'll tell our SBTL she needs to coach herself, that should go over well :p

What happens if you break something? I dropped my old iPod touch a million times with no problems (I'd still have it, but poverty led to eBay) but I dropped the thing at work today, and then the button on the side didn't work for a while and there was some malfunctioning going on. A restart brought it back mostly. One of the side buttons is iffy, but now I'm curious about what happens if it didn't.
You wouldn't have to pay for it if you broke it... Just a coaching or cca.

Haven't used the PDA version of the My Device, but I did use the Registry version to set up my baby registry the other day. I was pretty satisfied with it. I'm curious to see how the PDA versions will work.

Haven't used the PDA version of the My Device, but I did use the Registry version to set up my baby registry the other day. I was pretty satisfied with it. I'm curious to see how the PDA versions will work.

We would love to see it, we are at the point where we scan something it logs us out. Log back in, scan something logs out - repeat.

The new iOS based devices are pretty great. The item search shows pictures on a lot of things and the Instocks task list shows all locations when you scan something.
Thank gosh! Having to toggle between Item Search and the Instocks app is time consuming.

Target is rolling out something with these mydevices that they normally don't have: they have something that TMs want to be excited about. But botching up the roll out and apps will take away all of that automatic goodwill and buy in.
I am beyond excited for these! I can't wait until we get them in this month!

Interesting point. Next time I work, I'll grab a missed salvage item from guest services and see what that looks like...just for curiosity's sake.

So the ETL-GE is the point person for all of this, and they are to select a few device captains...I can't remember the exact name...to have point people who are knowledgable about the devices that people can ask questions of, etc.

So today I had a question...I walked in the TSC and asked the ETL-GE and two of his device people if there was a way that I could scan items and make a list out of them, so I knew what I had just scanned...for filling my movie endcap and the checklane. They said they didn't know, and I mentioned they should pass that along.

I fiddled around with the device for a little longer, and discovered that a good way to do that is to just scan the items, and then there is an option to show the items you've recently scanned...which basically is the list I need to make without writing it down anymore.

I went back into the TSC to show them that, and they were super impressed. The ETL told me he should have made me a device captain. Upon hearing that, one of the device captains (an LOD who hasn't had a chance to play with the device yet and was hoping I would give him a run through on what I knew), clapped his hands and said on that note he was bowing out to me.

Oy.

Back