MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Mine went into the compactor today! Dead. Serious. It fell off my cart tray into the trash bag that I put in the seat. I went to check my hip and made a mad dash to the compactor as my ETL was running the compactor. It was on top. I told her "Don't look!" as I took it out. Crisis averted!

Of course, during the course of my shift it crapped out no less than 10 times and needed a full reboot at least 4 times.
Glad you didn't die, or lose an arm for that piece of equipment. I think there's an emergency stop button.

2 hours? I think I was logging in every 45 minutes or so today.
Its supposed to be 2 hours, up from the original 1 hour. But either that 2 hours goes by fast or something 'cause like I said, seems like less than 2 to me.

2 hours? I think I was logging in every 45 minutes or so today.
Its supposed to be 2 hours, up from the original 1 hour. But either that 2 hours goes by fast or something 'cause like I said, seems like less than 2 to me.

Hm i feel like its less than 2 hours for me too. Sometimes I will be in the middle of using it and it just cuts back to the log in page. Lol, hope they don't say this way

I got my score back after using the new my device Tue-Thurs. (Monday I used the PDA) in was RED! I am never red! Looked into how many scans I did for the week and it only said I did 400 scans. I worked a 1300 day scan by myself. I know this can't be right! Uggg

I got my score back after using the new my device Tue-Thurs. (Monday I used the PDA) in was RED! I am never red! Looked into how many scans I did for the week and it only said I did 400 scans. I worked a 1300 day scan by myself. I know this can't be right! Uggg

MyDevice is not counting scans. Shocking! Not really. I haven't seen our numbers but I know they are not good. But we lost our TL to headcount and the backroom dayside couldn't give a crap, he quit. Replacement? We know he will be worse. .

Last edited:
Same here... . Says I got a 50% price change accuracy however other stores who already rolled out the mydevice previously did not have the scoring error like me, guess just whoever rolled out last week :( im gonna send out a my support if it doesn't get updated tomorrow

Alerts are useless. They come in ten to fifteen minutes after the fact. If I have a cashier idle because of a problem, I need to know then...not in ten minutes. If I have a cashier hit the button to call me over (as they are supposed to do) it is unrealistic to expect a guest to wait 10 to 15 minutes for me to get an alert. I thought it was the fact that I just couldn't hear them because they are too quiet...but I heard the alerts when they came in tonight and the lag time made them useless.

Might as well just turn off the feature and forget about them.

But our issue is when we have large task lists, the app is glitchy and unresponsive. Can't even do Instocks on it. We've trouble shoot it but nothing changes. And when we have small task lists. It's flawless and smooth. It wasn't like this before the last myWork update a week or two ago.

How many teams are you breaking these large task lists into? Right now the best way to handle a large task list is to make sure you have about 100 items in a team, 200 is probably about the highest I would push for, I've had 300 get pretty choppy. So I would make sure who ever is the one answer the question "How many team members?" is not just giving "1" or another low number as the answer all the time when working through large task lists.

But our issue is when we have large task lists, the app is glitchy and unresponsive. Can't even do Instocks on it. We've trouble shoot it but nothing changes. And when we have small task lists. It's flawless and smooth. It wasn't like this before the last myWork update a week or two ago.

How many teams are you breaking these large task lists into? Right now the best way to handle a large task list is to make sure you have about 100 items in a team, 200 is probably about the highest I would push for, I've had 300 get pretty choppy. So I would make sure who ever is the one answer the question "How many team members?" is not just giving "1" or another low number as the answer all the time when working through large task lists.
We do 1 because we usually wave through the list on RSCH days.

We break it into how ever many people we have. But still Mydevice is glitchy.

We used to. But our pathing is all over the place at times. We just wave through together and get it done.

We used to. But our pathing is all over the place at times. We just wave through together and get it done.

Why we break it down even further, so its harder for it screw up... Not saying it works but its what we are trying. I would love to fix the pathing but no one has a clue how to do it. Cause I love getting bounced all over the store, mens, RTW, intimates, girls, infants back to mens, and repeat until you scream.

Why we break it down even further, so its harder for it screw up... Not saying it works but its what we are trying. I would love to fix the pathing but no one has a clue how to do it. Cause I love getting bounced all over the store, mens, RTW, intimates, girls, infants back to mens, and repeat until you scream.
I'll have to talk with our ETL LOG to do the pathing. ETLs are the only ones who can change it. But ours one time went from G which is grocery to O which is men's, opposite side of the store, then back to A, I'm like seriously?!

So I've been trained on these now, and I have to say, when they work, they're fantastic. (For salesfloor anyway, idk how other workcenters handle them.) I will occasionally have issues with the scanner not working, but that's fixed with a reboot.

So I've been trained on these now, and I have to say, when they work, they're fantastic. (For salesfloor anyway, idk how other workcenters handle them.) I will occasionally have issues with the scanner not working, but that's fixed with a reboot.
This has pretty much been the sentiment at my store.

I'll have to talk with our ETL LOG to do the pathing. ETLs are the only ones who can change it. But ours one time went from G which is grocery to O which is men's, opposite side of the store, then back to A, I'm like seriously?!

ETL's? Know? Really ours don't. Only person in the store that knows how to path is our old TL and she won't help now that they took her position. Not that I blame her. So we get told "that is how it is".

Just to be clear, when you pull up the task list the whole list is messed up when you sort by "path"? If so then yes there is something wrong with how your store's smart pathing is setup. If the list is in the correct order, but the device is sending you out of order than it is the devices fault (there was an issue with this in version 17 which was fixed in 18).

The device will also automatically path you depending on the last location you entered, so for example say the next task shown is A12, but you research something in B7 the device will give you the closest task to B7. Another tip is you can also scan the block and aisle and the device will drop you into that aisle or the closest aisle with tasks.

Just to be clear, when you pull up the task list the whole list is messed up when you sort by "path"? If so then yes there is something wrong with how your store's smart pathing is setup. If the list is in the correct order, but the device is sending you out of order than it is the devices fault (there was an issue with this in version 17 which was fixed in 18).

The device will also automatically path you depending on the last location you entered, so for example say the next task shown is A12, but you research something in B7 the device will give you the closest task to B7. Another tip is you can also scan the block and aisle and the device will drop you into that aisle or the closest aisle with tasks.
Did not know that. No it's in order by block on the list, but sometimes it will send you around. Good to know it not really the pathing then, just the device!

What does the alert say when there's a my fa? Because every time a motherfucker calls me, I'm already picking the son of a bitch! The PDA tells the person if it's being picked or not.

What does the alert say when there's a my fa? Because every time a motherfucker calls me, I'm already picking the son of a bitch! The PDA tells the person if it's being picked or not.
The alert to the guest or the alert on the PDA to team members and team leaders?

The alert to the guest or the alert on the PDA to team members and team leaders?
Alert on MyDevice for LODs.
myFA order #(insert like 15 numbers here) go to myFA app to pick. Simple.

These things are bugging the crud out of me. Our store has been a pilot store for the itouches and they are terrrible. I understand they are still in test mode but they are extremely slow, have minimal applications at the moment, and the current applications freeze up a few times per shift. I consistently have to use "S.A.M." to reinstall these apps everytime they crash. Hopefully they fix them up to work better but right now they just waste time.

The one good thing I can say about them is using Redwire with them is easy and its nice to have the ability to look through it quickly while still being mobile on the floor.

Back