MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I'd rather spend the extra time rebooting it than deal with the extra risk of moving things around inside. Though at least sometimes if I close the MyWork app and open it again, the scanner starts cooperating.

Any word on when the STO mode is going to tell you the fill group when there's nothing in the backroom? Was helping the backroom for a bit today and its annoying having to ask somebody with a PDA "where does this go?" every other minute to make sure I'm not screwing up.
Here you go. Top left. Fill group CHEM image.jpg

I've used SUBT on the MyDevices a few times. I wish it worked like CAFs on the PDA's where it forces you to scan the location and then the item, just so I don't have to check every box manually. I have this fear of grabbing the wrong item for a guest.
Problem is that would conflict with how STO works. You scan item X for whatever reason, that item stays on the screen. Then you want to SUBT item Y. You scan item Y's location, but now it's trying to STO item X in the location you scanned.

Problem is that would conflict with how STO works. You scan item X for whatever reason, that item stays on the screen. Then you want to SUBT item Y. You scan item Y's location, but now it's trying to STO item X in the location you scanned.

Why would item X stay on the screen? You would have to pull up item Y on the screen to see it's BR location to scan.

Why would item X stay on the screen? You would have to pull up item Y on the screen to see it's BR location to scan.
Then with the way the mydevices work, it's going to STO item Y. You could make the argument that there should be a different way to do both SUBT and STO, but that's now how it currently works unfortunately. It's scan item --> scan location to STO, and scan item --> tap item name --> take --> scan location to SUBT. A better way IMO would be to scan item --> scan location --> menu pops up that asks whether you want to SUBT or STO and how many of the item.

The latest update has caused a small issue. Prior to this, when you tied a sales plan, you would get a label batch to print the labels. Now it generates the label batch, but only prints the header label.

The latest update has caused a small issue. Prior to this, when you tied a sales plan, you would get a label batch to print the labels. Now it generates the label batch, but only prints the header label.
I'm sure you have doubled check this, but are you sure it wasn't just a tie-off?

My store is scheduled to receive the new MyWork Update tomorrow. As a Digital Advisor is there anything that I should look out for?

My store is scheduled to receive the new MyWork Update tomorrow. As a Digital Advisor is there anything that I should look out for?
Depends, do you come in before anyone else? If so grab all that is allocated to your store and don't let anyone have any until the updates are complete. Second, according to REDwire, the way the app updates is different than before. You will have to log on to myWork and then the download will begin.

I will be there before most team members at 4am. To start I am going to update my regular MyDevice and my ETL had said that we can try it out in the Backroom for 20 minutes or so.

I will be there before most team members at 4am. To start I am going to update my regular MyDevice and my ETL had said that we can try it out in the Backroom for 20 minutes or so.
Don't quote me, I would double check at your store in the morning, but I think the update wouldn't go live until 7am local time.

*EDIT: It is 7am local time. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to check when you first get in. We had our gift registry update a day earlier than we were supposed to, so...

Last edited:
Don't quote me, I would double check at your store in the morning, but I think the update wouldn't go live until 7am local time.

*EDIT: It is 7am local time. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to check when you first get in. We had our gift registry update a day earlier than we were supposed to, so...
Ok, I will take a look when I get there, if not I will just have to update at 7am.
Do you happen to know where I can find more Digital Advisor information as I can not find much past what I read in the initial MyDevice notes?

Last edited:
Ok, I will take a look when I get there, if not I will just have to update at 7am.
Do you happen to know where I can find more Digital Advisor information as I can not find much past what I read in the initial MyDevice notes?
Click on the myDevice tile on the main page of Workbench, that's where I find all my info. Also any REDwires, too. And always you can ask on here!

There is a winter pda update memo on redwire that I think had the info you seek.
Yeah, that's some minor info that changes how you pick which device you want. With that update they are removing Stand Alone RSCH & Instocks applications.

Turns out that I got lucky and the Update may have gone live at the stroke of midnight because I was able to update my MyDevice as soon as I arrived at 4am. I updated all the MyDevices that I could get my hands on before the store opened and in the hour after opening. The Plano Team came in at midnight and told me that the MyDevices had been acting up since then. I get all my info from the MyDevice Workbench tab and Links as well. I had the chance to use the Take and Stow features today to fill a Trendrun and it worked just perfectly. I did however find some potential problems with the new functions, but found the answer on workbench. As far as removing Instocks Applications from the PDAs my ETL does not yet know when that will happen all he knows is that it is coming.

Turns out that I got lucky and the Update may have gone live at the stroke of midnight because I was able to update my MyDevice as soon as I arrived at 4am. I updated all the MyDevices that I could get my hands on before the store opened and in the hour after opening. The Plano Team came in at midnight and told me that the MyDevices had been acting up since then. I get all my info from the MyDevice Workbench tab and Links as well. I had the chance to use the Take and Stow features today to fill a Trendrun and it worked just perfectly. I did however find some potential problems with the new functions, but found the answer on workbench. As far as removing Instocks Applications from the PDAs my ETL does not yet know when that will happen all he knows is that it is coming.
My store is getting the PDA update the 16. I think it differs by store though. I update our iPods tomorrow. I created a REDwire for the closing LOD to ensure ALL 18 of our iPods were in the charging cradle and charging after close so I dont have to whip out my charger to charge the darn things up so I can update. Hopefully they locate them all. AP gets them, doesnt sign them out and then leave them in their office. Pisses me off.

Back