MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I would probably say not anytime soon. The developers already said there are no plans to add CAFs to the MyDevices. I think Target wants to keep MyDevices for sales floor and instocks and leave the PDAs to backroom.
Ok, iv been told BR will be getting them soon. I really wish everything just worked, always a problem with something

It doesn't work that cleanly at the store level. There could be shippers that have carry forward product for an upcoming salesplanner or it could have a mix of new and carry forward or there could be some other reason for it to be staged. Ideally there would be a "Stage" grouping for the backroom that would only get pulled from on pog fills. That way it's located so people can find it, and you don't have to worry about it coming out on cafs
That sounds like a different scenario to me than just never locating assortment items, as what you are talking about is just staged items which could be any type of item, correct? And there are filters in place that should handle these scenarios so that on hands won't get updated. So if an item was on today's DCI or pulled within the last 20 hours the on hands won't get updated. So while these staged items are not on the floor or located in the back the system should keep you from accidentally lowering the count of the item.

Also, I have had numerous instances recently of "Inventory Unknown" rather than showing a count for items. A subsequent scan with a LPDA will show an accurate count.
Should also be fixed in next release

Heh, that would indicate an improved product (that costs more).
more sturdy
Apple products are definitely known for their sturdiness.
accessories
Like a gun attachment instead of a sled? Now you're just talking crazy. Those would cost a whole $20 more than the sled, we'd rather pay for the sled and have you work less efficiently.

Heh, that would indicate an improved product (that costs more).

Apple products are definitely known for their sturdiness.

Like a gun attachment instead of a sled? Now you're just talking crazy. Those would cost a whole $20 more than the sled, we'd rather pay for the sled and have you work less efficiently.
I would love a gun attachment for it; i had to end up using them.

That sounds like a different scenario to me than just never locating assortment items, as what you are talking about is just staged items which could be any type of item, correct? And there are filters in place that should handle these scenarios so that on hands won't get updated. So if an item was on today's DCI or pulled within the last 20 hours the on hands won't get updated.

True, but there are situations where we'll sit on product for about a week waiting for the salesplanner to be set.

Example, let's say all of oral care/hygiene is going. You'll get 4 shippers per endcap x 5-6 endcaps....most of it carry forward. You could be sitting on a pallet of shippers for a week or so while you wait on either product to sell down or until the week it sets.

But this is more of an issue with a lack of best practice, not with the myDevices. It's just that at nearly any given time, there's going to be staged product, even if it doesn't have an S indicator.

I know you're not supposed to research within 20 minutes of backstocking a fill group, possibly just a department. That's on the data integrity sequencing report. I thought there was a filter for items received in the last 48 hours, but it's been so long since I've looked at research best practice that I'm not sure anymore.

Greetings T.B.R.,
Whenever I try to sign on to the red PDA, it says my password is wrong. How do I reset it? One t.m. told me you dial #700 , another told me to go to e.H R. ??? I like to use the Lpda, but the Starbucks l.o.d. saw me with it and took it. She said I am not allowed to use it. I work in F.R.

Thank you!

The red mydevice is the only device that uses your TM# and eHR password to log in. If presented with the swipe to unlock apple screen, enter your 4 digit store number (ex. 9999) and then tap myWork.

Resetting your password is a fairly simple process. At your store's eHR kiosks (the computers with red phones next to them) just pick up the phone and follow the prompts to reset your password. The phone will give you a temporary password which you must use within 24 hours, in-store, and it will force you to enter a new password. From a cell phone, you can call the Target CSC at 1 (612) 304-4357 and press 1 for "password reset" and log in to eHR or other application like Workbench.

As far as not being allowed to use the LPDA, all stores are not the same. It's technically called the "Leader PDA" but at my store anyone can use them. But because they are being slowly pulled, your store may be implementing restrictions so that those who need a PDA or LPDA have access to them.

The red mydevice is the only device that uses your TM# and eHR password to log in. If presented with the swipe to unlock apple screen, enter your 4 digit store number (ex. 9999) and then tap myWork.

Resetting your password is a fairly simple process. At your store's eHR kiosks (the computers with red phones next to them) just pick up the phone and follow the prompts to reset your password. The phone will give you a temporary password which you must use within 24 hours, in-store, and it will force you to enter a new password. From a cell phone, you can call the Target CSC at 1 (612) 304-4357 and press 1 for "password reset" and log in to eHR or other application like Workbench.

As far as not being allowed to use the LPDA, all stores are not the same. It's technically called the "Leader PDA" but at my store anyone can use them. But because they are being slowly pulled, your store may be implementing restrictions so that those who need a PDA or LPDA have access to them.
Yes all stores are different, or as we like to abbreviate A.S.A.N.T.S-- All Stores Are Not The Same. For instance my store rarely uses them now. They just sit in the charger.

I've came across something similar. When one of my coworkers scanner quit--and I tried everything I know to get it working again (i.e. force close app, shut down, a simple exit app & relaunch, and finally remove and re-insert iPod back into the sled--I took it and put it on the dock for a few seconds. Removed it and relaunched the myWork app and it started scanning again so... I don't know. Honestly I don't think its a software issue with the scanner. It's something between the iPod itself & the sled.
I feel like there are a dozen people looking into this scanner issue... including some at Honeywell. They haven't figured out the root cause yet. In an upcoming release, I suppose we could enable the camera scanner... but that seems cloogey... don't you think? Would people really use it? I personally hate the camera scanner. So; what would u like? (Besides the obvious - a working scanner).

A quick thing I have noticed with instocks recently:

At my store we generally do the RIGs first thing in the morning, then the rest of the tasks after so using sort by type to begin. I've been noticing that it does not always follow the pathing like it is supposed to.

One specific example I had recently was doing a RIG in E and then the next RIG it took me to was in O following pathing correctly, however the first RIG it took me to was on O10 and skipped over the O2 RIGs that should have come up first in the pathing. That same day I noticed at least one other aisle that didn't follow path correctly as well in sporting goods, I think it skipped a RIG on ~E36 and went to ~E32 it was only after I was double checking the top of the list that I saw there was one that had been missed.

On that day there weren't any "area" tasks that came between the previous RIG and the skipped RIG so there wasn't anything easily noticeable as to why it was skipped, though both times it was the first RIG in the new block that was skipped.

I feel like there are a dozen people looking into this scanner issue... including some at Honeywell. They haven't figured out the root cause yet. In an upcoming release, I suppose we could enable the camera scanner... but that seems cloogey... don't you think? Would people really use it? I personally hate the camera scanner. So; what would u like? (Besides the obvious - a working scanner).

I have used it when the scanner would not work and I had an impatient guest waiting to see if something was at another store. I have big hands/fingers so typing in via the search is not always a good thing. (on that note, the initial log in screen does not always rotate to landscape when the device is rotated). Maybe another possible upgrade is to have some kind of predictive text function like Google has for misspelled words. If I put in Hotqheels it should have the ability to assume that I meant Hotwheels.

Last edited:
I have used it when the scanner would not work and I had an impatient guest waiting to see if something was at another store. I have big hands/fingers so typing in via the search is not always a good thing. (on that note, the initial log in screen does not always rotate to landscape when the device is rotated). Maybe another possible upgrade is to have some kind of predictive text function like Google has for misspelled words. If I put in Hotqheels it should have the ability to assume that I meant Hotwheels.
@UIguy
One other suggested improvement would be to have a custom keyboard for mywork, where on the default login screen the username field defaults to a (giant) number grid login like:
-0-
The password field would continue using the same keyboard.
Same thing when item searching to make it easier to type a DPCI, although there obviously needs to be a way to switch to a regular keyboard layout to search for words. Swype or swiftkey would be very useful too.

I would like the camera scanner. Though on our iPods it took a good it for it to activate. It would come in handy when the sled is acting up.

@UIguy
One other suggested improvement would be to have a custom keyboard for mywork, where on the default login screen the username field defaults to a (giant) number grid login like:
-0-
The password field would continue using the same keyboard.
Same thing when item searching to make it easier to type a DPCI, although there obviously needs to be a way to switch to a regular keyboard layout to search for words. Swype or swiftkey would be very useful too.

I would see this as an easy fix. The initial MyWork store login was the default keyboard before it switched to the numeric circles.

Wait a minute. I was always told that filter was 20 minutes.

It's 20 hours since last pull

I know you're not supposed to research within 20 minutes of backstocking a fill group, possibly just a department. That's on the data integrity sequencing report. I thought there was a filter for items received in the last 48 hours, but it's been so long since I've looked at research best practice that I'm not sure anymore.
I haven't heard of that practice, but I imagine it is to ensure that all the backroom locations are updated and all the backstocking is done.

I probably shouldn't have said 24 hours, it's actually a configurable value, I think it is currently set at 48 hours, but I'm not 100% sure.

I would see this as an easy fix. The initial MyWork store login was the default keyboard before it switched to the numeric circles.

Well that change was a simple setting change anyone can do on their iOS device to change from a complex password to a "simple" password.
The issue with the sign-in page is it uses Single Sign On, and not all users of SSO have only numeric usernames. We also don't have the ability to do custom keyboards (at least as of the last time we tried to do this) and the standard iOS numeric keyboard doesn't allow you to switch to the alphanumeric keyboard which is required in both search and sign on...

One option that comes to mind would be the addition of a 'scan barcode' button being presented for the user after clicking the search magnifier, as has been incorporated into the Cartwheel app. That way, if the scanner is not working and a Team Member is having to type in a UPC or DPCI by hand anyway, they have the option to initiate the camera scanner if they'd like to.

In fact, incorporating the code from the cartwheel or target apps into the search filter would be rather nice, as those have predictive text features already built-in (more or less), though I'd understand if that might cause bandwidth issues to arise...

I think mine only stopped maybe 2 times all day today. Maybe 3. Twice just because & one because I dropped and it came out of the sled.

For the mydevice, every time I tie a pog it creates a new batch instead of merging all of them into one batch. Has this been fixed yet? I stopped using the mydevice for pog ties because it's such a nuisance and a waste to print out a dozen batches for just pog headers and maybe just a couple price change labels.
Speaking of label printing, is there a way to print onto other label types besides the standard labels or is the mydevice currently only capable of printing standard labels?

^^^^^^^ This. I agree with part of it. I love how it DOESNT merge them all together. I hate having to sift through & tear apart labels and then they get mixed up. I started getting irritated. Second. I with they would gives us more options. As in to change the label size like on the PDA. Whatever it is in the system unfortunately is what I'm forced to print unless I use a PDA. Sometimes I need a Short or Cosmetic sized label.

@UIguy @OtherGuy

In the price change function, is there any way they could make sub-categories. Like for instance
A - 230
B - 150
C - 25

You would tap A and it would expand and tell you
A1 - 25
A2 - 25

It is nice knowing how big a section was total and it is way easier to look at and know what needs to get done than just a list of aisle numbers straight down.

I don't use a MyDevice that often for pricing for that reason.. it's just too awkward to look and see what needs to be done..

Thanks in advance!

Back